Outgoing? Kyron Gordon off to Merseyside

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Could it be possible that someone has got confused over this?

Just seen it reported that Derby's 16 year old Kaine Gordon is off to Liverpool
Ha ha, I would suspect so.

If so, poor Kyron.
Bet he got well excited when asked if true he was wanted by Liverpool and Everton.

Hope he didn’t burn too many bridges on the way out of the last training session.

You don't sell your best young players if you want to build a good squad of players, I know this is United were on about and that's probably why we bounce between different divisions.
We sold Ian Benjamin and Jordan Slew for more money than they were really worth.

I meant good players, they were shite.
Benjamin really stood out in our reserve team. I saw him play against Liverpool including Sammy Lee who was a couple of years older and Benji was the best player on the pitch.

Everton face competition from Liverpool, Leeds and Manchester United for Sheffield United starlet Kyron Gordon, according to Mail Online.

The 18-year old defender has caught the eye of a number of Premier League clubs this season, having impressed for the Blades’ Under-23s

This summer would represent an odd time to sell him as an asset as its arguably the point where his value will be lowest once he starts to make appearances his value jumps. The days of selling prospects for pocket change before they’ve played first team football should be behind us at least for a while.

He apparently has one year left on his contract if he refuses to extend we run the risk of only receiving a development fee for him

This summer would represent an odd time to sell him as an asset as its arguably the point where his value will be lowest once he starts to make appearances his value jumps. The days of selling prospects for pocket change before they’ve played first team football should be behind us at least for a while.
We arnt the skint club trying to get out of the 1st division any more.
Cant see us taking the million quid or whatever they offer.
He's a sheffield lad I think so why would he want to jump ship at this time.
More chance of breaking into our team than going to a premiership club.Hopefully we will have him under contract .
Prince said in his statement he wants to progress the academy not destroy what it is bringing through for peanuts.

He-d want to jump ship if hes going to get offered a lot more money than we will pay him.

Everyone slagged off Jordan Slew when he went to Blackburn but he would have been on a lot more money than we would have paid him. After 4 years of hardly playing there he ended up kicking around in the lower leagues for the test of his career. That move away from us will have set him up for life.

The chances of Gordon 'making it'are still slim so if I was his advisor I'd be saying go where the money is lad as u dont know what's around the corner.

He-d want to jump ship if hes going to get offered a lot more money than we will pay him.

Everyone slagged off Jordan Slew when he went to Blackburn but he would have been on a lot more money than we would have paid him. After 4 years of hardly playing there he ended up kicking around in the lower leagues for the test of his career. That move away from us will have set him up for life.

The chances of Gordon 'making it'are still slim so if I was his advisor I'd be saying go where the money is lad as u dont know what's around the corner.
You have a point ,but if I recall the club got slagged for not trying harder to keep him.we also were in our first season in the 1st division with no money coming from McCabe at that time.
We are getting relegated from the prem !
So not in a dire situation for cash I would expect us to try harder to keep players like Gordon now.
As I said the Prince wants to develop the academy selling one of the brightest prospects wont look good after saying what he did.
I can understand a young lad looking to secure his financial future .If he beleaves in himself no reason he cant push into our squad next season as going to the mentioned clubs he would go into a pool of players trying to dislodge an international player at first team level.
If he's a sheffield lad and I think he is the opportunity is there, especially if he's a blade
Hopefully he comes through ! as you say not many do .
Football is littered with teenagers who go to prem clubs and dont come through !
opportunity is what they need which is often denied them I'm sure he will get his chance here providing he continues to improve and put the work in.

You have a point ,but if I recall the club got slagged for not trying harder to keep him.we also were in our first season in the 1st division with no money coming from McCabe at that time.
We are getting relegated from the prem !
So not in a dire situation for cash I would expect us to try harder to keep players like Gordon now.
As I said the Prince wants to develop the academy selling one of the brightest prospects wont look good after saying what he did.
I can understand a young lad looking to secure his financial future .If he beleaves in himself no reason he cant push into our squad next season as going to the mentioned clubs he would go into a pool of players trying to dislodge an international player at first team level.
If he's a sheffield lad and I think he is the opportunity is there, especially if he's a blade
Hopefully he comes through ! as you say not many do .
Football is littered with teenagers who go to prem clubs and dont come through !
opportunity is what they need which is often denied them I'm sure he will get his chance here providing he continues to improve and put the work in.
Finlay, agree with everything u say but if these big clubs want him...and theres more than one that does....not only will they offer him as much per week as our highest earners will be on in the championship but his agent will ensure hes 'overpaid'.

We cant possibly compete with that....look at the money Hendo was on before hed even played for Man U !

Finlay, agree with everything u say but if these big clubs want him...and theres more than one that does....not only will they offer him as much per week as our highest earners will be on in the championship but his agent will ensure hes 'overpaid'.

We cant possibly compete with that....look at the money Hendo was on before hed even played for Man U !
Yes we can Friethblade ! the club is looking to bounce straight back so keeping the likes of Gordon is vital to our future.
What will we get for him £1 million ?
that's peanuts to a prem team which we intend to be again after one season.
Yes it's a bit of a gamble letting his contract run down ! That goes both ways as he has to make progress or he will soon be forgotten by these clubs and maybe we would think twice about keeping him.
That's the worse case scenario ive painted ! If the prince is serious about bouncing back a million pounds ! No way.
As I said earlier his comments about the academy wont be taken seriously if we let another sheffield lad slip through our fingers.

We don't have a clue unless he's given a chance and he must have something about him..
So give him the chance next season when he is a bit older, a bit stronger and not up against world class strikers.
Playing him now in a struggling team against really good players is too much of a risk.

If I was his agent I’d advise him to stop for a while.

Is he going to have a better chance of breaking into a side than one that currently plays a back three and has the 38 year old jagielka as the only a viable centre half?

We don't have a clue unless he's given a chance and he must have something about him..
I’d send him out on loan in the summer personally because that 23’s side is so good for the level they’re at the defence/goalkeeper aren’t being put under consistent and extended pressure. It’s difficult for a defender to prove they’re a cut above in a side that dominates the ball.

If I was his agent I’d advise him to stop for a while.

Is he going to have a better chance of breaking into a side than one that currently plays a back three and has the 38 year old jagielka as the only a viable centre half?
Yes, a much better chance but will we offer him £20k a week like big clubs can and do? Can we offer him the chance to finish his training at a top academy and the opportunity to train with some of the best players in the world?

I have one question. We’ve obviously known he was a good prospect for a while, why have we let his contract run down?

I’d send him out on loan in the summer personally because that 23’s side is so good for the level they’re at the defence/goalkeeper aren’t being put under consistent and extended pressure. It’s difficult for a defender to prove they’re a cut above in a side that dominates the ball.
Our strategy has been well laid out with the kids ahead of him. Offer him a new deal and loan him out to league one till Jan, if he does well we can always look to leave him there or move him to a lower end championship club. If he continues to do well then he’s earned his position in our squad if he needs to stay a bit longer at each level then so be it, but staying with us he gets proper experience and a real route in the short term to our first team where the big offer could then come in for him. The big boys can’t offer that, they can only offer money and the fact that most kids don’t make it.

Our strategy has been well laid out with the kids ahead of him. Offer him a new deal and loan him out to league one till Jan, if he does well we can always look to leave him there or move him to a lower end championship club. If he continues to do well then he’s earned his position in our squad if he needs to stay a bit longer at each level then so be it, but staying with us he gets proper experience and a real route in the short term to our first team where the big offer could then come in for him. The big boys can’t offer that, they can only offer money and the fact that most kids don’t make it.
I agree this is purely opportunism from the big boys and trying to force a cheap punt. The ones the have really worked out in recent memory stones, Maguire and holgate all had considerable first team minutes before making the jump and even then all 3 went into those clubs under 23s first.

Back
Top Bottom