Outgoing? Kyron Gordon off to Merseyside

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I would guess if he is down to tge last year of his contract its because he and his agent have engineered it that way and I also would think it's not too far a jump too assume that the speculation surrounding him is probably coming from their end as well

Maybe that's because they are trying to force United's hand with his next contract or maybe they are touting him

These big clubs send scouts to look at youth players from everywhere but....oh fuck knows

Again I dont disagree with much written on here regarding his progression, prospects of making more progress with us etc etc. BUT thats not the point, the point is his agent will advise him to go where the money is....a 3 year contract on 20-30k per week secures him for life. He wont get that with us....simple as

You might say that was a lucky near miss by Man utd ,obviously the lad not good enough for the premiership.
But, that's how these things can play out. Story from nowhere that a Big Six are interested in a kid. True or not. "He must be good if Liverpool are looking at him". "Sign him on a three yearer immediately".
The view of how good the player is comes from the rumour.
Repeat with name changed.

Again I dont disagree with much written on here regarding his progression, prospects of making more progress with us etc etc. BUT thats not the point, the point is his agent will advise him to go where the money is....a 3 year contract on 20-30k per week secures him for life. He wont get that with us....simple as
Would he actually command a wage of that size? I doubt it very much he hasnt kicked a ball for our first team and has to work his way through there development squads where there will be strong competition.
These big nobbs will have 20 or more players pushing to get 1st team football.
All on 20+ k a week.!?
No wonder they panic when sliding down the table.

Would he actually command a wage of that size?
All on 20+ k a week.!?
No wonder they panic when sliding down the table.

For established PL clubs Im pretty sure there are youngsters on that sort of money
Chelsea stockpile players send them out on loan pretty sure I heard they had something like 40 players out on loan get the loan club to pay some of their wages. Its a calculated gamble eg DCL

Q

Easier to keep players and harder to lose them
I just don’t understand how. Why would they be more likely to stay or sign a new deal?

I’m very much in the camp that the academy should be one of the last things we do due to the excessive cost and length of time it takes to deliver results but this would be a decent counter argument so I want to understand it.

I just don’t understand how. Why would they be more likely to stay or sign a new deal?

I’m very much in the camp that the academy should be one of the last things we do due to the excessive cost and length of time it takes to deliver results but this would be a decent counter argument so I want to understand it.
Well category a clubs can poach players from below them and only pay minimal derisory compensation plus the player is note likely to stay at a club with a cat a academy as that makes you one of the elite 26 clubs in the country

Not sure of the rules but if a player under 23 goes from one cat a academy to another they have to pay a much more realistic fee

Well category a clubs can poach players from below them and only pay minimal derisory compensation plus the player is note likely to stay at a club with a cat a academy as that makes you one of the elite 26 clubs in the country

Not sure of the rules but if a player under 23 goes from one cat a academy to another they have to pay a much more realistic fee
Isn’t it only for under 18s?

I'm not sure thought it just covered all.academys which is up to under 23 but I'm no expert
I believe the rules govern transfers of U18s between academies. The low fees mandated in the rules are why a lot of smaller clubs are closing their academies—they massively favor the bigger clubs, as you noted. I would guess though that Gordon has a professional contract with us and the transfer would be governed by the usual rules for transfers of professional players under contract.

I'm not sure thought it just covered all.academys which is up to under 23 but I'm no expert
It’s for anyone who isn’t on a professional deal once they've got a senior contract which can be signed with parental consent from 16 then any club has to pay a transfer fee for them. Cat A protects you from losing the best under 16s.

I believe the rules govern transfers of U18s between academies. The low fees mandated in the rules are why a lot of smaller clubs are closing their academies—they massively favor the bigger clubs, as you noted. I would guess though that Gordon has a professional contract with us and the transfer would be governed by the usual rules for transfers of professional players under contract.
Is that the case? That a lot of clubs are closing their Academies? A couple of clubs have pulled out of the Professional Development League structure in favour of b teams. Lots of clubs (including SUFC) are taking advantage of foundation & charity status to run education & sports programmes in cooperation with local non league clubs & colleges. Those are actually a cheaper pool of players than older style football club academies, and are a great benefit to league 2 clubs (for instance). I could easily have missed it - but where does the claim lots of clubs are closing their Academies come from?

If liverpool want him then the bidding starts at 20 mill. That's how much they value promising youngsters isn't it?

Interestingly us not being category A is the reason why we don’t have the type of youngsters that some other prem academies do. Some on the forum have used the line if they’re good enough they’re old enough and whilst that’s true it’s highly unusual for a 2nd tier academy to have a 16,17 or 18 year old who is good enough at that age. This is because if you’re good enough for prem football as a teenager the chances are you’ve been the standout player in every side at every age group you’ve ever played in and those lads get snapped up tier 1 academies at age 11,12 and 13 mason greenwood for example is a Wakefield lad. United do a very good job of producing professional footballers but those we do produced tend to be late bloomers truly breaking through in their early 20s rather than as teenagers and that’s because it’s the late bloomers that make it under the top tier academies radar until they’re old enough to be on pro deals.

Is that the case? That a lot of clubs are closing their Academies? A couple of clubs have pulled out of the Professional Development League structure in favour of b teams. Lots of clubs (including SUFC) are taking advantage of foundation & charity status to run education & sports programmes in cooperation with local non league clubs & colleges. Those are actually a cheaper pool of players than older style football club academies, and are a great benefit to league 2 clubs (for instance). I could easily have missed it - but where does the claim lots of clubs are closing their Academies come from?
Maybe “a lot” is an exaggeration but it certainly seems to be some:

Hereford United, Wycombe Wanderers and Yeovil Town folded their academies at the start of the 2012–13 season, stating that the cost of implementing the EPPP was part of the reason for this.[17] Brentford F.C. closed their academy at the end of the 2015–16 season, citing the EPPP as a reason for the closure.[18] Bolton also downgraded their academy in 2015 in order to save money.[19]They downgraded it again in 2020.[20] Salford Cityscrapped their academy before the start of the 2020–2021 season.[21] On 7 December 2020 Birmingham City announced they'd be replacing their Development Squad with a B Team and their academy with a C Team.[22]

Interestingly us not being category A is the reason why we don’t have the type of youngsters that some other prem academies do. Some on the forum have used the line if they’re good enough they’re old enough and whilst that’s true it’s highly unusual for a 2nd tier academy to have a 16,17 or 18 year old who is good enough at that age. This is because if you’re good enough for prem football as a teenager the chances are you’ve been the standout player in every side at every age group you’ve ever played in and those lads get snapped up tier 1 academies at age 11,12 and 13 mason greenwood for example is a Wakefield lad. United do a very good job of producing professional footballers but those we do produced tend to be late bloomers truly breaking through in their early 20s rather than as teenagers and that’s because it’s the late bloomers that make it under the top tier academies radar until they’re old enough to be on pro deals.
This is my frustration with Ndiaye barely getting a look in. He's 21, not 18. He should be able to either contribute in a small way or he shouldn't be anywhere near.

Maybe “a lot” is an exaggeration but it certainly seems to be some:

Hereford United, Wycombe Wanderers and Yeovil Town folded their academies at the start of the 2012–13 season, stating that the cost of implementing the EPPP was part of the reason for this.[17] Brentford F.C. closed their academy at the end of the 2015–16 season, citing the EPPP as a reason for the closure.[18] Bolton also downgraded their academy in 2015 in order to save money.[19]They downgraded it again in 2020.[20] Salford Cityscrapped their academy before the start of the 2020–2021 season.[21] On 7 December 2020 Birmingham City announced they'd be replacing their Development Squad with a B Team and their academy with a C Team.[22]

There's no point paying to run u7s-u16s if you are skint and anyone who could bring you the sort of fee that would let you invest will just be poached.

This is like dcl all over again
Not quite the same we were skint and Wilder used the money to strengthen his squad when the owners Mccabe& Prince were at loggerheads about putting money into the club..
Obviously the prince has to use the money from our premiership experience wisely and taking a million or even less for Gordon is not good business in my opinion..
Stay in the championship for a few years and weed be back to square one but surely we have more clout at this juncture then when letting DCL and others go on the cheap.
As Wilder often said! Stand still and you go backwards, I think the prince if he's as savvy as he seems will be well aware of this.
This thread seems about some fans accepting the past as a standard and others looking at it in a positive way I'm one of the latter.

This is my frustration with Ndiaye barely getting a look in. He's 21, not 18. He should be able to either contribute in a small way or he shouldn't be anywhere near.
Ndiaye looks head and shoulders above most others in that 23s side right now.

It is probably Gordon's agent doing his job. If you were in the last year of your contract then you would want to secure your future. He could be trying to get us to offer him a new contract by placing these stories rather than trying to force a move. If we have offered him a new contract and he has turned us down, then that suggests that he's been tapped up. What is the contract situation with the other U23s?

Back
Top Bottom