Killa to Newcastle for 2 million

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Mad Mick

Reaction score
Apparently it's been agreed for the New Year. If true it's a fair deal and I think Killa his past his sell buy date. I think he has lost his concentration at the lane. Shame really, but things move on.

Apparently it's been agreed for the New Year. If true it's a fair deal and I think Killa his past his sell buy date. I think he has lost his concentration at the lane. Shame really, but things move on.

If were gettin £2million for him Mick it tells me Sir Clevor Trevor has started his job early at BDTBL.

2 Million sounds like a good deal if he is dead set on leaving. which we know he is.
Im more worried about who we would get as a replacement TBH. Probably another 30 something if its anything to do with Blackwell.

absolutely no chance of getting £2m unless there is a bidding war. He's out of contract at the end of the season and the geordies have no money so why would they pay £2m?

if a premiership club come calling that may be a different matter but any side who have watched his last few performances will have lost interest anyway

According to the Mail this morning they give the impression the deal has been agreed. Could be paper talk of course?

According to the Mail its Mathew Killgannon, so if they can't even get his name right its likely the price quote is wrong too!

Any fee above £1m is good for a player out of contract in 6 months. Question is what will the replacement be?

Lets's hope the words "His replacement is already at the club" aren't uttered!

If were gettin £2million for him Mick it tells me Sir Clevor Trevor has started his job early at BDTBL.

I love the logic of the internet message board.

Good things happen - all because of my golden boy.

Bad things happen - all because of my whipping boy.

Good job that life is purely black and white, eh?

I love the logic of the internet message board.

Good things happen - all because of my golden boy.

Bad things happen - all because of my whipping boy.

Good job that life is purely black and white, eh?

If thats your logic ............on yer go, me i don't think so.
Yer might be reight though.

NOTW confirms the story and also that Hull are trying to muscle in. Apparently they are offering 25k per week. A bidding war would be nice. :)

£2m? Yes please.

He obviously doesn't want to be at the club, so get rid. Maybe we could actually get a quality midfielder or two in with the cash too?

From the Star:

While Hull, Celtic and Wigan could yet enter the battle for Kilgallon's signature, Leeds also have a vested interest in his situation given the fact they are entitled to 20 per cent of any fee raised after selling him to United in 2007.

That clause only becomes active if the 25-year-old commands a sum of over £1 million.

If this is true I'm guessing he'll be off in January for £999,999.

According to this afternoons Stir we are having final talks to try and keep Killa here and pursuade him to sign a new deal.

This article from the OS just about confirms that the club expected Killa to go last week. Cock-ups all round but it's no use bleating about the loan rules - it's not as if they didn't know about them is it? COme on Birch sort it out.

Toni has shared problem
Posted on: Fri 04 Dec 2009

Loanee Toni Kallio's chances of making his debut for the Blades are being hampered by the number of other loan signings at the Lane.

The Finnish born Fulham defender was brought in on deadline day by Kevin Blackwell who feared that he would be short of replacements should there be any last-minute departure.

But with Matt Kilgallon still around and a first-choice, Kallio is one of the loanees who could miss out because of the numbers game rather than by ability:

"The problem is that owing to all the injuries we already have eight players on loan so the difficulty is not so much choosing who is in, but more who is left out because we can only use five of them," said Kevin Blackwell who added:

"There will be a lot of discussion about that but it is not fair on the players and they will all have to travel to cover any last minute problem."

Reading this again it strikes me that our Mr Kallio is not a happy bunny - presumably he left a nice cosy home in London (and family?) to live in digs in Sheffield and then having to kick off by travelling to Bristol and Plymouth with virtually no chance of playing.

He must have been misquoted. I'll fix it:

The problem is that owing to all the reprofiling we already have eight players on loan

Blackburn Rovers in for Kilgallon
03:30 PM 04 December, 2009

Blackburn Rovers Football Club are set to make a move for Matthew Kilgallon.

The defender is out of contract at Sheffield United at the end of the season, and he is reluctant to pen a new deal to remain at the Bramall Lane club.

Newcastle United are keen to sign the player in January after failing to do so in the summer, whilst Hull City want to offer him a direct route into the Premier League.

But the Tigers face top-flight competition from Rovers, with reports in the Daily Star suggesting Sam Allardyce has made Kilgallon one of his targets for the New Year.

http://www.fansfc.com/story/17294.html

Back
Top Bottom