Daniel Iversen

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Addison

Reaction score

This is the goalkeeper we should be going for imo in the summer. 6 foot 4, 26 years old. Did well at Preston and now doing the same at Stoke on loan. Danish u21 international. Only 1 year left on his contract and he wants away.

CW looked at the wrong Leicester goalkeeper in Ward. Where would we be now if Iversen had come to us instead of Grbic. Came up through Leicesters youth ranks so unlikely they will be asking a fortune for him with one year left. Knows the Championship and very well thought of by PNE as the local press article confirms.

Leicester fans views on Iversen below the polar opposite to what they think about Ward;

"He's been given a chance at Stoke to revitalise his career, but from a Leicester point of view, I think it will be a loan move to do him good, but also to put him in the shop window for a move permanently in the summer."

"Very, very highly thought of, again at international level, excellent shot-stopper, needs to be slightly more commanding. He's got the size to be commanding and I think that will come with age and experience, but aside from that, very calm and overall a goalkeeper where you can look at him and go, do you know what? In years to come, you could be a very good international quality goalkeeper at the highest level."

"I think Stoke are getting a bit of a gem here. It's no surprise he's been let go. Injuries aside, effectively and obviously from a position at the top of the table, we don't really need him which is a glorious position to be in as a fan of a club, but you are talking about an excellent keeper."

We should have signed Danny Ward.

Would take us signing Iversen.

He was once on loan with Rotherham as was Marek Rodak, for 2 seasons if I recall correctly.

Anyone got a view on him too? He’s out of contract so potentially closer to our price range!

He was once on loan with Rotherham as was Marek Rodak, for 2 seasons if I recall correctly.

Anyone got a view on him too? He’s out of contract so potentially closer to our price range!

Stoke fans recently:

"I've watched back all the goals he's conceded so far and I don't think he's had much chance with any of them.

He hasn't dropped any clangers that I can recall so my conclusion is he's fine and not one of our main issues.

The four in front of him however..."

"Good today. His kicking out to Leris on the right was pretty good and two very sharp stops at the end before we scored the second. Did what you need a solid keeper to do…..well done."

"Really assured and a couple of vital saves. He's looking better every week now the rust is coming off."

Seems like he is a solid keeper but even Stoke fans are talking about going after the Rotherham keeper if they stay up.

Back
Top Bottom