Keith Edwards

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not that game Mike Trusson scored that night, Edwards scored late equaliser away at Bury a few weeks later.
Cheers
Aye
Went to Bury - night match - in their ‘main’ (sic) stand
KE & Craig Madden were ‘vying’ for top scorer in league - both scored - Edwards bullet header in 1-1 draw ?

Top of table clash with Wigan in 4th division, over 24k there that night, big Larry Lloyd (dirty get, ex Liverpool) had Keith in his pocket all night but..89th minute, Colin Morris skinned full back and put a beautiful cross in for King Keith to gain a yard on Lloyd and bury it in at the kop end for a 1-0 win... pandemonium. Delicious memory❤️
Lloyd got dogs abuse from the kop that night every time he touched the ball the chant "fat bastard" rang out it got to him eventually and he dropped his shorts to show his arse to the kop and was promptly booked 🤣 not long after Sir Keith nipped in front of him and put it in the top corner.

Cheers
Aye
Went to Bury - night match - in their ‘main’ (sic) stand
KE & Craig Madden were ‘vying’ for top scorer in league - both scored - Edwards bullet header in 1-1 draw ?
Bert went to that one and in the same stand.
Len Fairclough sat just in front.

My favourite ever Blades player. By a long way. Memories are rarely the same as facts but Morris to Edwards was a thing you got every week and that sort of combo these days only happens once or twice a season. Edwards letting the ball run past one side of the keeper while he ran round the other side (Bristol Rovers from those fading memories?) is something I talk about all the time because, unlike Pele when he did it, Edwards scored. best wishes for a full recovery.

My favourite Blade too. He took fabulous free kicks as well (one in the video) and I never saw him miss a penalty. I'd be very happy to see him in his prime up front next season.

Lydon Snr often used to tell us of his days following
United in the depths of Division 4, Edwards & Hatton,
Darlington, Peterborough United, Golden Boot....
He had a lot of time for United, I often think he
preferred those years, early 80s to the EPL seasons.

You had none of the ticket issues in those days. You just turned up with a bit of cash and paid at the turnstile. They just let you in no matter how full it was. Bradford away dodging bricks and literally being carried off your feet to the exit. The turnstile before the game was a guy with a cloth bank bag at the exit gate for Under 16s OAPs where you paid 50p or £1 at the turnstyle for adults. Don't think anyone went through the adult turnstyle.

Peterborough away was a midweek train special and bunking off school! Halifax was just United fans on all four sides including slide competitions down the mud bank. Darlington was just legendary.

The 1-1 draw with Bury at Bramall Lane. The ball was cleared into Bury,s half. a bury defender was running toward his own penalty area just about to pass back to the goalkeeper. somehow Sir Keith Edwards managed to get shot in and scored a reght goal at the Kop end. I can't remember if that gave us the lead or if it was an equalizer.

Nowt wrong with Sarbs, praised and criticised the team when necessary, Edward's cant do nothing wrong in my eyes, legend, as for Pearson, what a wanker squealing like a suckling pig everytime he's on RS

My favourite Blade too. He took fabulous free kicks as well (one in the video) and I never saw him miss a penalty. I'd be very happy to see him in his prime up front next season.

My first ever away win 🙂
Burridge made an unbelievable save from Wilkinson in this game

The 1-1 draw with Bury at Bramall Lane. The ball was cleared into Bury,s half. a bury defender was running toward his own penalty area just about to pass back to the goalkeeper. somehow Sir Keith Edwards managed to get shot in and scored a reght goal at the Kop end. I can't remember if that gave us the lead or if it was an equalizer.
Think we took the lead and they equalised. I remember our fans singing "We all agree..Edwards is better than Madden". The headline of that night's Green 'Un was: MADDEN-ING!

Met him a few times. Delivered his paper at both his Norton places and he coached our Sunday league team one night as mates with the manager. Bit of a grump when things didn't go well for him but was still my hero as a kid. Get well soon Keith.

I was at this game, I remember John burridge making a world class save great memories

Budgie was as enigma. Total liability at crosses but could pull off unbelievable point blank reaction saves. Chuck in that he was as mad as a box of frogs and as fit as a Tour de France cyclist (he used to have someone throw a medicine ball at his stomach as he laid on the floor pre games) and he was good entertainment.

For all the unbelievable saves he pulled off (I remember him doing one from Trevor Senior late in the game to save us from defeat at home to Reading after we had been 3 nil up at HT), he could have a brain fart and let in silly goals (i.e Blackburns late equaliser at the Lane in the 3-3 Steve Wigley sensational solo goal game when he let it go over his shoulder from a really tame shot).

Back
Top Bottom