Keith Edwards

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
I wish he was on SUTV as the Co commentators on SUTV at the moment Gage or Asaba are about as exciting as beening told you've got to share ya snap with Gemma Collins why was Edwards taken off air,I had the misfortune to hear that bellend on the pigs 1 ,I can't remember his name lanky twat think he was a striker,shooting his load every time Pigs cross 1/2 way line now thats embarrassing

Last edited:

I wish he was on SUTV as the Co commentators on SUTV at the moment Gage or Asaba are about as exciting as beening told you've got to share ya snap with Gemma Collins why was Edwards taken off air,I had the misfortune to hear that bellend on the pigs 1 ,I can't remember his name lanky twat think he was a striker,shooting his load every time Pigs cross 1/2 way line now thats embarrassing
Pearson ?

Apparently Pearson is a really nice bloke. But I agree his co commentating is ridiculous

Plenty on here used to complain about his commentaries on RS.

I enjoyed him, thought he very well balanced.

The complete opposite of Pig 'classy' Pearson.
Now't classy abart "Pig Pearson".

I seem to recall that Keith made some comment on air that didn't go down well with the PC police.

Great guy, always happy to have a chat about footie when I see him walking his dog (Millie) round Graves Park.

Edwards was useless at co-commentary. A familiar voice, sure. But his knowledge of modern football was essentially non-existent. He used to endlessly malign even our best football because it was different to how he used to remember the game.

Gage is atrocious. Does no research, uses bias in all the wrong places, plus he seemingly can't see what's going on and gets everything wrong.

Asaba is perhaps an acquired taste but he's a big step up from both in terms of knowledge/understanding... and therefore not talking complete crap.

Good thing about Keith Edwards was that when we played s****e he said it rather than trying to make out we'd played well like some others do. Asaba as others have said is a bit of an acquired taste but i think he's OK and when i've heard him commentating on a poor Blades performance he's said we were poor and not sugar coated it.

Gage on the other hand is poor and boring.

Edwards was useless at co-commentary. A familiar voice, sure. But his knowledge of modern football was essentially non-existent. He used to endlessly malign even our best football because it was different to how he used to remember the game.
Edwards was a hero as a player, but as a co-commentator it was basically him moaning: "Stop fannyin abaht."

Can I be the one that sticks up for Gage .Ok, he won't give you an insight into a tactical battle, but don't recall Edwards doing that either. Both Asaba and Gage ooze a passion for United. They're both Londoners and have adopted United as their club as opposed to other clubs they played for nearer to home (Villa and Gillingham for instance). They both moved here and stayed here after their careers and their analysis is as good as any others in my view. As a comparison take Rob Kozluk who is apparently the most entertaining player we've ever had in the changing room but arguably the most boring as a summariser, do we want him every week in preference? I like Kozzy, don't get me wrong, but I;d say Gage and Asaba are my pick of the ex players they currently have on. I'd like to have Agana on as a regular but guessing it's not his thig as Agana has always struck me as a very articulate bloke and he is a Blades legend also of course.

As for Edwards, he is missed but he wasn't every fans cup of tea either although I liked him but as others have said think he chose to leave of his own accord.

I quite like it when Mark Duffy does co-commentary. He’s a bit footballer inarticulate but he is up to date and knows the core of our squad very well.

Didn’t Michael Brown do one last season? He’s different league.

Matt Young is very good as main commentator and Paul Walker’s the best host by a long way.

It’s £3ish a game on the season pass. That is excellent value even if some of the participants aren’t Ally McCoist league.

It's a shame that KE is out of the picture now. I'd like to see him back in the studio or on the RS commentary occasionally. Okay KE was very critical but he'd really wear his heart on his sleeve, and let everyone know if he thought we weren't making enough effort.

Ridiculously embarrassing.
The difference is!
Pearson is a sheffield lad who has been a pig fan all his life.
Our Co- commentators are not natural blades ( ex players who have stayed around and follow the blades) usually a more balanced view of what we are doing ,if anything a bit more critical of us.
I imagine sharpy& even Kyle Walker would be excited watching the Blades just like Pearson is watching pigs.
He's an Owl we are blades if everyone supported the same club life would be that much poorer.

The difference is!
Our Co- commentators are not natural blades ( ex players who have stayed around and follow the blades) usually a more balanced view of what we are doing ,if anything a bit more critical of us.
I imagine sharpy& even Kyle Walker would be excited watching the Blades just like Pearson is watching pigs.
He's an Owl we are blades if everyone supported the same club life would be that much poorer.
I have to agree there. We don't like Pearson because of his passion for them lot and how he is an out an out Wendy! Ironically my wife met John Pearson last week by fluke, I know it sounds dodgy! We have a mutual friend who knows a few footballer from the late 80's and early 90's at both United and Wednesday. My friend is a Wedndy sadly! So my wife saw the friend who is a Wendy in town and he says "oh here's John Pearson" as he's running through town having a jog apparently. They had brief pleasantries apparently. I said to her who was this footballer as originally she didn't know who he was but we eventually realised it was Pearson! I said to her if I'd have me him I'd probably have said something like "Hi, I know who you are and I've not got much to say to you to be honest"! But in reality I'd have probably exchanged better pleasantries than that, although not much better!

Anyway, this story is not particularly relevant or interesting but I felt the need to share it!

Gage is atrocious. Does no research, uses bias in all the wrong places, plus he seemingly can't see what's going on and gets everything wrong.

Asaba is perhaps an acquired taste but he's a big step up from both in terms of knowledge/understanding... and therefore not talking complete crap.
Agree entirely with all of this.

I'd also like to throw my liking in for Duffy as a co-commentator or pundit, thought he had a lot of good things to say when I've seen him do it.

Gage and Edwards are a waste of time. I think Gage is marginally better than Edwards but it's like saing that I'd prefer you to shit on my carpet than in my mouth. Edwards literally just moans about it not being like it was back in his day, and his tactical analysis amounts to telling them to cross it in all the time. He also can't seem to finish a sentence without starting another one halfway through the sentence he was just saying.

Nothing against them personally but I'm a bit tired of listening to them both and i much prefer Asaba.

Also does the female host still do games? Not seen her for a while. I liked her, she was professional, but it was obvious she'd been shipped in and didn't know anything about United, so was a weird choice.

Keith Edwards was in trouble for comments made at Steve Cowans book signing/promotion in Sheffield a year ago or so. Won't go into details but a mate who was there witnessed was said and he deserves what he got in my opinion.

The difference is!
What!!!
Is Pearson a personal friend?
I know the difference, I'm older than you.
How on earth did 'sharpy&', whoever he is, and Kyle Walker get into this.
Ahhh! Billy Sharp, penny just dropped, a senior moment, that's who you mean.
Show some dignity for the bloke call him by his proper name or are you mates with him too.
However the truth is John Pearson is not too hot as a co-commentator.
Personally recon he is drab beyond belief and delusional, but that's no surprise, being delusional that is.
I would have put you a smiley emoji but ain't got any on here, heavens knows why, worlds gone to pot or mi machine has.

What!!!
Is Pearson a personal friend?
I know the difference, I'm older than you.
How on earth did 'sharpy&', whoever he is, and Kyle Walker get into this.
Ahhh! Billy Sharp, penny just dropped, a senior moment, that's who you mean.
Show some dignity for the bloke call him by his proper name or are you mates with him too.
However the truth is John Pearson is not too hot as a co-commentator.
Personally recon he is drab beyond belief and delusional, but that's no surprise, being delusional that is.
I would have put you a smiley emoji but ain't got any on here, heavens knows why, worlds gone to pot or mi machine has.
😩😏

I suppose we ought to be content that the main commentators are great. From listening to other radio stations, Radio Sheffield commentators are second to none. Gage gets carried away and thinks we should be sticking three or four past everyone we play, which for a professional footballer is naive. I have not heard Pearson for about 15 years, but back then he was ridiculously partisan, verging on the childish. I liked Keith Edwards and think Asaba does a good job. I was not happy with listening to a Blades match broadcast I had paid for on Saturday to be treated to a half-time interview with Barry Bannan!

The difference is!
I met Pearson after the bouncing day game in the pub. I fully expected him to be a twat so I'd got my ammo lined up when I made a point of cough accidentally getting the opportunity to talk to him. He was actually alright and very complimentary about United...........

Which made me think he was even more of a twat...........because he isn't! :rolleyes: 🥴

Back
Top Bottom