My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

At about the 80 minute mark, it looked like Khadra, stood on the side line, waiting to come on, and a Boro lad as well. The Boro lad comes on, our lad is still stood there. I said to Mrs G, "is there a fault with the 4th officials electronic board?", a few minutes later, the lad sits back down.

7 minutes extra time!, a few minutes into it, two of our lads are on the line, ready to come on, me and the Mrs are guessing who is coming off, ("one of them has to be Fleck, we need fresh legs and some pace"), then they both sit back down again, WTF??
After all this Khadra was standing on the side line before the final whistle and after hearing it he turned around and walked straight to dressing room. I felt so bad for him even tho he played on thursday.

After all this Khadra was standing on the side line before the final whistle and after hearing it he turned around and walked straight to dressing room. I felt so bad for him even tho he played on thursday.
Play his former club next Saturday, hope he‘s ready and able to play

Only saw the second half as the time difference caught me out as on holiday in Sicily. Sounds like same old same old. You can say we are all arm chair managers we know nothing but we can all see our midfield has been lost for ages. Why bringing in loan players around that area and not use them as it's obvious we can't afford a new midfield. I don't know what Hecky is thinking either.

At least we know why Ndiaye can't do more than 60 mins cos he is having to do his job and midfields too !!

We've actually got a pool robot that cleans the pool at night at our villa shall I see if he is interested in a midfield role with the blades he can't do any worse !

Thanks Pommpey great review

Can't argue with that report. Another weekend spoilt and it was all our own doing week after fucking week we never learn. Chris Wilder got one thing right last week Middleborough are miles off being a Watford, Burnley, Norwich or even a Sheffield fkin United. We start off well go in front after 3mins and are ok for the first 15mins. Boro then rough us up a bit we lose discipline and pretty soon our left side switch off and they walk through us to make it 1-1 even at this point Carl Asaba is seeing that Fleck and Norwood's afternoons work is over and they are doing nothing to help out defence never mind getting forward.
Second half we start ok and you are thinking Ndiaye who has run his bollocks off will be cramping up on 60 mins and the dynamic duo of Fleck and Norwood have left the midfield to Sander Berge who always looks less effective when he has no support. Norwood then makes his only decent pass of the second half and we get behind the slow Boro defence who complete the job for us 1-2.
So with 15mins left any normal person puts some fresh legs on in midfield to counter Wilder's subs and swaps Ndiaye's pace with like for like Khadra but no Hecky brings on McBurnie who has only played in one U23 game in god knows how long a player not blessed with lightning pace and signals with flashing green lights the the slow Boro defence can step 10yards up the pitch. Rule one don't make subs when defending a corner but Hecky does and we are back to all square 2-2 and hanging on for the last 15mins we could have so easily lost that game only the post saved us.
Piss poor from Hecky & Stuart McCall, Rapidly turning into a negative Nigel is our Hecky and McCall is a serial loser wherever he goes. I'm beginning to think we will be having a long stay in this division if these two remain in charge, absolutely bemused as to why two Man City starlets and Khadra are deemed to be not yet ready but Oli McBurnie who hasn't played for months is? WTF do they have to do to get minutes on the pitch considering Norwood is so poor and Jimmy Fleck has gone AWOL????
Hecky is a defender by trade, and it seems he prefers to see games out with backs to the wall defending than keeping possession and preventing the opposing from committing men forward. Khadra would have been the perfect out ball on Sunday.

Hecky is a defender by trade, and it seems he prefers to see games out with backs to the wall defending than keeping possession and preventing the opposing from committing men forward. Khadra would have been the perfect out ball on Sunday.
teams that win things keep clean sheets and win games by small margins
man city can buck that trend due to spending billions but in general out of a team going up 28 wins over 20 will be by the odd goal margin

so being good defensively is key
not as exciting maybe

RND a 5 and Lowe a 4 is a joke.

They were shaky first half but really good in the second. Particularly RND in a position which isn't his. Lowe showed signs of growing into his career here. 6 minimum for both.
Actually think that could be RND's best position for us long term if we stick with a 3 at the back.

Probably not quite good enough going forward for a wing back but slots in very nicely on the left side of that 3 where he doesn't need to be a huge dominant CB (he still holds his own in the air anyway) and he's naturally strong in the tackle.

If we do go to a 4 then he'll make an excellent full back as he's fantastic one-on-one defensively and rarely gets beat.

Back
Top Bottom