CONFIRMED Kacper Lopata leaves for Southend

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You may well be right that it would fall foul of FIFA rules on third party ownership. I couldn’t be any less of an expert on that 😂. My point above works on a general legal/contractual level… maybe not for player contracts under FIFA jurisdiction though.
When Maguire went from Leicester to Man U we got a slice so we obviously tied something up in out sale to Dull

If this trend continues, then it is a waste of time having an Academy
As I've explained, all PL & EFL Clubs have to run an Academy.

Academy Football is a holistic whole.

Who's your favourite current player?

He played Academy Football. He wouldn't be the player he is without that time at a football academy. Academy Football is key & central to the future of the game. It is not a waste of time having an Academy.

Yes, you have said

Iliman Ndiaye. Happy now?
Aside from scrapping the Academy, how would you solve "the problem" of Academy players, with pro contracts (eg Lopata), attracting offers from other clubs that they feel are better than their current situation at Sheffield United?

Aside from scrapping the Academy, how would you solve "the problem" of Academy players, with pro contracts (eg Lopata), attracting offers from other clubs that they feel are better than their current situation at Sheffield United?
I just cant get my head round that Lopata refused to sign our new contract offer and that he wanted to play for Southend. Why did he come to us in the first place?

I wasnt serious about scrapping the Academy, just that I find Lopata's stance puzzling

I just cant get my head round that Lopata refused to sign our new contract offer and that he wanted to play for Southend. Why did he come to us in the first place?

I wasnt serious about scrapping the Academy, just that I find Lopata's stance puzzling
Ah OK. I see. But, the fact that Lopata has left Utd to play non-league football can be turned to our advantage in recruitment.

The Pitch

"If you come to play in our Academy as a very young lad, and persevere, if you're good enough you'll get your chance - evidence Oliver Arblaster.

If you are released elsewhere, then come to us, if you get back on track, and show great potential & development, you'll get your chance - evidence David Brooks.

If you come to the attention of our Academy via an unusual route, and show great potential & development, and your route to the first team is fast track, you'll get your chance - evidence Iliman Ndiaye.

If you join our Academy, and your route to the first team is more of a slow burn, with a structured set of loans, if you're good enough, you'll get your chance - evidence Rhys Norrington-Davies.

But, but, but, if you're in our Academy and want your football career to go down a different path, a step sideways, or a temporary step back, if you're convinced that is best for you, we might try to persuade you otherwise, but we won't stand in your way, on the contrary, we'll help you - evidence Kacper Lopata.

We look after everyone, everyone."

It would NOT be good for future Academy recruitment if we became known as ....

The Club that freezes kids out and won't let them train or play or listen to their ambitions. Would it?

Ah OK. I see. But, the fact that Lopata has left Utd to play non-league football can be turned to our advantage in recruitment.

The Pitch

"If you come to play in our Academy as a very young lad, and persevere, if you're good enough you'll get your chance - evidence Oliver Arblaster.

If you are released elsewhere, then come to us, if you get back on track, and show great potential & development, you'll get your chance - evidence David Brooks.

If you come to the attention of our Academy via an unusual route, and show great potential & development, and your route to the first team is fast track, you'll get your chance - evidence Iliman Ndiaye.

If you join our Academy, and your route to the first team is more of a slow burn, with a structured set of loans, if you're good enough, you'll get your chance - evidence Rhys Norrington-Davies.

But, but, but, if you're in our Academy and want your football career to go down a different path, a step sideways, or a temporary step back, if you're convinced that is best for you, we might try to persuade you otherwise, but we won't stand in your way, on the contrary, we'll help you - evidence Kacper Lopata.

The Club that freezes kids out and won't let them train or play or listen to their ambitions. Would it?
giphy[1].gif

The Pitch

Add in "If you come to play in our Academy, and play bloody brilliantly, we won't stand in your way if a top club comes calling" - evidence Will Lankshear.

The one thing I will say (he might be thinking same) is that i was surprised Gordon was infront of him. Lopata had a decent loan and looks built more for a CB but Gordon played when we had Injuries. (Wolves in cup) I think probably more being a RCB helped Kyron.

I can't get my head around our offer being worse than National League's Southend - surely even for u23 players we can beat their offer?

I think what must've happened is a fall out at the club and he's taken less or equal to leave

I can't get my head around our offer being worse than National League's Southend - surely even for u23 players we can beat their offer?

I think what must've happened is a fall out at the club and he's taken less or equal to leave
Yes we can, but Lopata wanted to play regularly. At the moment we can’t offer that, Southend United can.

The one thing I will say (he might be thinking same) is that i was surprised Gordon was infront of him. Lopata had a decent loan and looks built more for a CB but Gordon played when we had Injuries. (Wolves in cup) I think probably more being a RCB helped Kyron.
I'm guessing Kyron's pace also helped him.

From about 5.35 mins, Hecky stating that all players and staff want to be here.

Kacper got through his first full 90 minutes yesterday against Wrexham, complete with Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney ensconced in our Director's Box. Considering all the dosh they have thrown at the team we made them look ordinary and Kacper had Ollie Palmer in his pocket from the very first minute. Add to that his organisational skills and we have a really good player at the centre of our defence.

Officials in the NL are pretty dire but yesterday's were probably the worst yet, with Jake Hyde's goal being disallowed after either handball or offside being given. The 4th official said handball, the ref indicated offside. I say disallowed, we had scored, the ref signalled a goal and was making his way to the centre circle and then the lino raised his flag, cue Wrexham players mobbing ref and lino............... Our kit man has, however, sussed exactly why the lino flagged so late.

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-18 at 07.59.40.jpeg

Kacper got through his first full 90 minutes yesterday against Wrexham, complete with Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney ensconced in our Director's Box. Considering all the dosh they have thrown at the team we made them look ordinary and Kacper had Ollie Palmer in his pocket from the very first minute. Add to that his organisational skills and we have a really good player at the centre of our defence.

Officials in the NL are pretty dire but yesterday's were probably the worst yet, with Jake Hyde's goal being disallowed after either handball or offside being given. The 4th official said handball, the ref indicated offside. I say disallowed, we had scored, the ref signalled a goal and was making his way to the centre circle and then the lino raised his flag, cue Wrexham players mobbing ref and lino............... Our kit man has, however, sussed exactly why the lino flagged so late.

View attachment 144112
I've seen him before. Think the dog barks once for offside and twice for handball, lino probably couldn't hear over the crowd noise.

See that Southend staff are downing tools as they are not being paid in full.

Welcome to non league realities Kacper

With doubts over Anel and Gomis nowhere to be seen , we are now but one injury (to Baldock , Bash , Egan , RND or Gordon) from regretting the sale of Lopata (instead of keeping him till January when we could take stock).
I accept that the player wanted to leave but he was contracted to us and given our lack of cover for tall defenders , our promotion hopes ought to have trumped his moans about game time.

I'm more inclined to blame Lopata for where he is now than the club. He could have stayed and he would have got his chance at first team football in the championship now. Instead he threw his toys out the pram, forced a move and now he's playing in non league at a club that are struggling to pay wages.

Good luck to the lad

See that Southend staff are downing tools as they are not being paid in full.

Welcome to non league realities Kacper
All players and coaching staff have been paid on time (surprise surprise), it's some of the back room staff that have been consistently paid late for the past six months. Seems it's a cash flow problem until our new ground development finances come on stream. In other words our chairman is unable to borrow any more dosh for the moment. Lowest paid staff getting dumped on.

Looks like he's made a poor choice

Nothing new mate, and sadly, no surprise. However, all wages to back-room staff have now been paid for September and there is a bridging loan in the offing to see off HMRC (hopefully). this is the lot of lower league teams on a regular basis. As for Lopata making a wrong choice, we shall see. He's getting paid regularly, and on time, he's getting regular first team football in a defensive line-up which is becoming the envy of the rest of the other NL teams, and he will undoubtedly attract interest from League Clubs come January 23 as he is showing all of the quality that we bought him in for. He is also a lot closer to the romantic interest in his life. So maybe 'poor choice' is a bit subjective as he probably would not have had first team opportunities at Brammall Lane nor opportunities for more regular leg overs.

Back
Top Bottom