CONFIRMED Kacper Lopata leaves for Southend

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nothing new mate, and sadly, no surprise. However, all wages to back-room staff have now been paid for September and there is a bridging loan in the offing to see off HMRC (hopefully). this is the lot of lower league teams on a regular basis. As for Lopata making a wrong choice, we shall see. He's getting paid regularly, and on time, he's getting regular first team football in a defensive line-up which is becoming the envy of the rest of the other NL teams, and he will undoubtedly attract interest from League Clubs come January 23 as he is showing all of the quality that we bought him in for. He is also a lot closer to the romantic interest in his life. So maybe 'poor choice' is a bit subjective as he probably would not have had first team opportunities at Brammall Lane nor opportunities for more regular leg overs.
I’ve given you a like in spite of your misspelling of Bramall!

You must know by now that when it comes to displaying team line ups the BBC absolutely talks out of it's arse. No, is the short answer, central defender of a back 5.

Bet BBC don't get the line ups wrong for Women's Super League but do for National League and lower.

Mooney not a centre half and also had same squad number as Lopata on team sheet.

Bet BBC don't get the line ups wrong for Women's Super League but do for National League and lower.

Mooney not a centre half and also had same squad number as Lopata on team sheet.
They get our line ups wrong all the time think they just throw the names on the team sheet onto a board and report the formation how they land.

We've just copped our umpteenth winding up order from HMRC. Currently we are 12-0 ahead in this competition, so let's hope we make it 13 wins! Not particularly proud to post this but I've noticed that my post count is currently 666 and that doesn't feel healthy to me!

We've just copped our umpteenth winding up order from HMRC. Currently we are 12-0 ahead in this competition, so let's hope we make it 13 wins! Not particularly proud to post this but I've noticed that my post count is currently 666 and that doesn't feel healthy to me!
I think you’d be better off going into administration and then you’ve got rid of Ron Martin. Someone will step in and take you over on the cheap. There’s huge potential at Southend, it’s a decent size and a relatively affluent area, City status, airport. They could emulate Brighton with the right backing.

I think you’d be better off going into administration and then you’ve got rid of Ron Martin. Someone will step in and take you over on the cheap. There’s huge potential at Southend, it’s a decent size and a relatively affluent area, City status, airport. They could emulate Brighton with the right backing.
Yep, that sounds very attractive, however, if we were to go into administration then Ron would lose the golden egg pension top up that is Fossetts Farm and Roots Hall Housing developments. He will move heaven and earth to avoid that.

Following the arrival of Lopata, Southend now have the best defensive record in the National League. The bloke has been immense in the centre of the back 5, and whilst he may not have been Championship quality, I can see him moving on in January to a League club as he far and away the best defender I have seen anywhere in our league so far this season. We are now unbeaten in 7 games and the clean sheets keep on coming. Not a huge amount of interest to you guys any more, but I can start to believe that we may regain our league status this season if we carry on as we are.

1666771082548.png

On Tuesday 8th Nov we are at home to Notts County who are top of the NL and scoring for fun at the moment. The game is live on BT Sport if you have a spare evening to waste and enough dosh to be able to afford BT Sport, as it will be a good barometer of our defensive prowess against their forwards. Me? I'll be there watching live in the West Stand, acting incredibly juvenile for a bloke of my mature years.

Following the arrival of Lopata, Southend now have the best defensive record in the National League. The bloke has been immense in the centre of the back 5, and whilst he may not have been Championship quality, I can see him moving on in January to a League club as he far and away the best defender I have seen anywhere in our league so far this season. We are now unbeaten in 7 games and the clean sheets keep on coming. Not a huge amount of interest to you guys any more, but I can start to believe that we may regain our league status this season if we carry on as we are.

View attachment 146466
shame we couldn't have hung on to him. Great to see him doing so well for your lads Rootshall & Southend beginning to string some results together.

On Tuesday 8th Nov we are at home to Notts County who are top of the NL and scoring for fun at the moment. The game is live on BT Sport if you have a spare evening to waste and enough dosh to be able to afford BT Sport, as it will be a good barometer of our defensive prowess against their forwards. Me? I'll be there watching live in the West Stand, acting incredibly juvenile for a bloke of my mature years.
No we are watching Blades v Millers that evening

Why? Lopata made it clear he didn’t want to stay here. He wouldn’t sign a new contract and wanted to live nearer his girlfriend (as I recall). If the lad wanted to leave, then Heckingbottom gave him that chance.
I doubt any of us will ever find out the true situation on that sorry saga. If you believe what Kacper has said, he was given the choice of a non-league club or continue in the Blades U23 side. Regardless of the rights or wrongs of the situation, we have benefited hugely, and as such, I'll post the occasional update on his progress if it merits it on here.

I doubt any of us will ever find out the true situation on that sorry saga. If you believe what Kacper has said, he was given the choice of a non-league club or continue in the Blades U23 side. Regardless of the rights or wrongs of the situation, we have benefited hugely, and as such, I'll post the occasional update on his progress if it merits it on here.

Agreed, and great that Southend have come out well (and maybe more importantly Kacper). I think the majority of us believed he would get a loan move in the summer to a League 2 or even League 1 club, and come the 23-24 season may well have been a challenger for the first team shirt here if he continued to progress.

The way it was handled didn't seem ideal, and the black smoke of some form of injury confused matters. Hopefully he continues to do well for you guys, and can maintain the unbeaten run!

Agreed, and great that Southend have come out well (and maybe more importantly Kacper). I think the majority of us believed he would get a loan move in the summer to a League 2 or even League 1 club, and come the 23-24 season may well have been a challenger for the first team shirt here if he continued to progress.

The way it was handled didn't seem ideal, and the black smoke of some form of injury confused matters. Hopefully he continues to do well for you guys, and can maintain the unbeaten run!
If he does join a league club at some point, and he progresses as I think he might, then you could always buy him back. We could then pick up some sell-on dosh from you, and then we could pass some of it back to you as part of the deal we cut when we signed him for you;) Nah, that sounds improbable to me, almost as improbably as us signing him in the first place. You just never know in football.

If he does join a league club at some point, and he progresses as I think he might, then you could always buy him back. We could then pick up some sell-on dosh from you, and then we could pass some of it back to you as part of the deal we cut when we signed him for you;) Nah, that sounds improbable to me, almost as improbably as us signing him in the first place. You just never know in football.

A fair few on here seem to think its a big step down as he may have got a chance for us with all our injuries, but many many youngsters get to an age where they can no longer wait around for an opportunity, if they can get it elsewhere. He fell in love with your fans and your club and thought that this is the best way for him to get an opportunity, and progress his career.

It sounds from what you are saying, that he was right.

A fair few on here seem to think its a big step down as he may have got a chance for us with all our injuries, but many many youngsters get to an age where they can no longer wait around for an opportunity, if they can get it elsewhere. He fell in love with your fans and your club and thought that this is the best way for him to get an opportunity, and progress his career.

It sounds from what you are saying, that he was right.
Once in a while a football love affair kicks off between a player and the fans. Our last big ones were with Freddy Eastwood when he appeared from non-league and went on to be a Southend Legend and Chrissie Powell who went on to play for England. Now it's the same for Kacper, the crowd love him and he reacts accordingly.

Just back from Barnet after another 3-0 win kick started by Kacper.

View attachment 147010
My dad has season tickets at united and york (he lives nearby) and he went to your game saturday and said you looked a class above. i told him to look out for lopata, which he did and was impressed. he could certainly play at a higher level (league one even) so let's see. how do you rate your chances? i live in barnet and was going to go but then our game was on tv. the barnet fans i know said you were the best team they've seen and you filled the away end too. good luck, hope you and york go up.

My dad has season tickets at united and york (he lives nearby) and he went to your game saturday and said you looked a class above. i told him to look out for lopata, which he did and was impressed. he could certainly play at a higher level (league one even) so let's see. how do you rate your chances? i live in barnet and was going to go but then our game was on tv. the barnet fans i know said you were the best team they've seen and you filled the away end too. good luck, hope you and york go up.
Unbeaten runs breed confidence and we are brimming with it at the moment. Last night was the best I have seen us play and the big Pole is leading our back line in a way that is way beyond his young age. Can we get promoted? I just don't know. Notts County and Wrexham are doing oh so well and, they are well clear of the chasing pack.....but, if we steer clear of too many more injuries and we give Notts County a good shoeing next Tuesday then anything is possible. After seasons of total bollocks and relegation after relegation I'm just enjoying the elation of stuffing teams again. You guys know how that feels. Me and the Missus are in amongst this lot somewhere waving our walking sticks madly.

I personally preferred him over Gordon, more dominant Aerially and seemed better on the floor, but I've a small sample of matches to gauge that opinion. Gordon has started what, 6/7 matches? That might have pissed him off more if he believes he's the better player.

I personally preferred him over Gordon, more dominant Aerially and seemed better on the floor, but I've a small sample of matches to gauge that opinion. Gordon has started what, 6/7 matches? That might have pissed him off more if he believes he's the better player.
Me too. Especially since we seemed to lack defenders who were good in the air. I was quite surprised that a club higher up the pyramid didn't take a punt on him.

Which one is quicker?

Back
Top Bottom