CONFIRMED Kacper Lopata leaves for Southend

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I was very hopeful for him making it at the Lane.

The thing I like about him most is he looks like a f in centre half, he's tall, he's hard and hes got that slightly mental look you want in a centre back ! A bigger version of Morgs ? Long way to go to emulate him but it's not impossible

Glad he's doing good but we're all strictly Wrexham fans now 🤔
They believe they have a God given right and very rich American owners to deserve promotion this season. They escaped with an incredibly lucky draw at our gaff due to some very dubious ref and lino decisions but there you go. I wish you well in your pursuit of your adopted sheep worriers.

I was very hopeful for him making it at the Lane.

The thing I like about him most is he looks like a f in centre half, he's tall, he's hard and hes got that slightly mental look you want in a centre back ! A bigger version of Morgs ? Long way to go to emulate him but it's not impossible
He's absolutely frightening when he goes in for a challenge, on the ground or in the air. Some of the big lumps he has been marking decide they would rather play on the wings rather than down the centre of the pitch after 20 minutes with Kacper. Sadly, the scouts have been packing the Roots Hall freeloaders area on a regular basis and I don't expect his stay with us will last for ever or even the end of the season.

Last edited:
He's absolutely frightening when he goes in for a challenge, on the ground or in the air. Some of the big lumps he has been marking decide they would rather play on the wings rather than down the centre of the pitch after 20 minutes with Kacper. Sadly, the scouts have been packing the Roots Hall freeloaders area on a regular basis and I don't expect his stay with us will last for ever or even the end of the season.
Roots it's unusual someone of his age can hold his own against the older, wily, sly, big, centre forwards you get in non league football. I think we may regret letting him leave

Roots it's unusual someone of his age can hold his own against the older, wily, sly, big, centre forwards you get in non league football. I think we may regret letting him leave
He wanted to leave.
I still get horrific flashbacks of Lundstram's last season.
Unfortunately, I think the sell-on clause was our best option with him and Ayari.

Sometimes shit happens, and it certainly did on Saturday. We're 2-1 up and looking good for 3 points and then Kacper had one of those moments footballers want to forget.........(around 2m 2s on the vid). Also a cracking double tackle from Altrincham on our marque signing (Mooney) at 2m 45s which has probably put him out for the season. Not even a yellow ffs.

Oh dear wtf happened there, looked like he just nonchalantly jogged back into your keeper 😳

Sometimes shit happens, and it certainly did on Saturday. We're 2-1 up and looking good for 3 points and then Kacper had one of those moments footballers want to forget.........(around 2m 2s on the vid). Also a cracking double tackle from Altrincham on our marque signing (Mooney) at 2m 45s which has probably put him out for the season. Not even a yellow ffs.

Maybe his performances have dipped because he believes he should have been in Qatar for the World Cup.

Embarrassing to watch him laying in to the 'keeper after doing that

I wonder whether he's regretting his decision to leave Utd for Southend at all.
He's playing football and done reasonably well at that level, maybe he gets picked up by Wrexham next year.

If he has no money then the logical next step is to front a mysterious Polish consortium and buy t'Blades

Thought Southend were turning a corner.. But looks like turned all to shit again.

Best case it could just be short term cashflow issues. If not, ot could be more serious especially as they've got large overheads for a club at National League level

Admittedly I don't know the full situation (as probably most don't either) so it's difficult to understand this very difficult position'. I suspect it will revolve around unpaid wages.

If indeed it does, I can appreciate that he's probably a young lad who needs money to pay the bills and thinks he can move to another club and get a regular wage coming in. That said I did notice that he was on the bench a bit recently whilst he doesn't come across as the biggest 'were all in this together' types. Very mercenary. Fair enough I suppose. It's his career and he needs money like the rest of us. Be interesting to see where he ends up next whilst I wonder what the Southend fans (who were creaming themselves about him at one point) will make of it all. One to watch.

When Kyron Gordon got a loan move, Lopata tweeted something about freedom.
Apart from a sub's appearance recently in the U21s Gordon has disappeared from the picture.

Apart from a sub's appearance recently in the U21s Gordon has disappeared from the picture.

Was Lapota watching a video of George Michael's 'Freedom' from back in the 90s at the time? Or did he have blue woad all over his face whilst dressed up as Mel Gibson's 'William Wallace'?

Gordon and Lopata probably have the same agent? Is it Mark Rankine who gave bad advice to Jordan Slew?

Gordon and Lopata probably have the same agent? Is it Mark Rankine who gave bad advice to Jordan Slew?

Had a quick look on his Instagram and he is (or at least was) the agent of Antwoine Hackford, Theo Williams and Andre Brooks from our academy so it wouldn't be surprising.

He'll walk into another conference club but I suspect they won't match his wages. Although Wrexham have a plodding defence.

Back
Top Bottom