Outgoing? Jebbison

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hall vs Nixon this then.
Last week Nixon said Jebbo and McBurnie were off.

Interesting:

"Jebbo will hopefully be ready in two or three weeks," Wilder said before last weekend's trip to Bournemouth. "So that will encompass the international break and he'll be ready to be back in the group as well."

FYI he has said that once already around January.

They're obviously new then

Wilder seems confident about certain things such as this, so I'd be surprised if his confidence is misplaced regarding Jebbo.

One thing we know with Wilder is he tends to be good at convincing players to be here.

Bosman ruling applies to players 23 and above. He’ll be below that thread hold so provide we’ve offered a contract to him I.e. shown an intent to keep him, then they need to stump up the readies.
We will get a minimal compensation fee, a lot less than a transfer fee. It will be around the 750k mark

Is it possible that if Jebbo did indeed have a blood clot, then he's not been allowed to play due to being on blood thinners for a number of months?

We will get a minimal compensation fee, a lot less than a transfer fee. It will be around the 750k mark
It would go to a tribunal and given we’re happy to give the impression we’ve been knocking back bids of 5m for the lad (if true), I’d be amazed if we ended up with so little.

But then again, nothing should surprise me in football.

We got over a million for Will Lankshear so 750k would be derisive.

It would go to a tribunal and given we’re happy to give the impression we’ve been knocking back bids of 5m for the lad (if true), I’d be amazed if we ended up with so little.

But then again, nothing should surprise me in football.

We got over a million for Will Lankshear so 750k would be derisive.
750k is the initial fee but they always mostly include bonuses with compensation fees, Harvey Elliot for example was £1.5m fee plus £3m in bonuses.

It will probably be 750k up front and £1.5m in bonuses.

These are the nine parameters the Professional Football Compensation Committee consider when assessing compensation for players leaving a club under the age of 24. Market value is not considered but number of times playing for the first team and International caps have been included in previous PFCC decisions.
  • Any cost incurred by either Club in operating a Football Academy or Centre of Excellence including (without limitation) the cost of providing for players attending thereat:
  • Living accommodation;
  • Training and playing facilities;
  • Scouting, coaching, administrative and other staff;
  • Education and welfare requirements;
  • Playing and training strip and other clothing;
  • Medical and first aid facilities;
  • Friendly and competitive matches and overseas tours;
  • Any other cost incurred by either Club directly or indirectly attributable to the training and development of players including any fee referred to in Regulation.
There is no set scale for awarding compensation or comparables with previous awards but any club involved in a PFCC process would be foolish not to make reference to them in their submissions. So it is incorrect to assume there is a benchmark starting figure that is awarded such as £750k.

Harvey Elliott had only been with Fulham's academy for 12 months before he moved to Liverpool. Daniel Jebbison has 6 years at SUFC. It follows the cost to SUFC in developing Jebbison over 6 years is considerably higher than Fulhams 1 year cost for Elliott. Elliott had made 2 first team appearances both in the EPL. Jebbison currently has 28 in total 4 at EPL and 24 at Championship with possibly a few more to add to the end of the season. Both players represented England at Junior level neither has a senior cap but DJ has more up to U20 level than the few U17 appearances that Elliott made at Fulham.

If DJ is not intending to renew his contract then its in the best interests of SUFC to get him in the shop window between now and the end of the season increasing his EPL appearances. That may reignite interest from the likes of Everton and other EPL clubs. Based on the above SUFC have a good case to argue compensation should be set at a much higher level than the Elliott award which also included a 20% sell on clause.

Last edited:
I'm all for a potential play off rival having Jebbison as their main CF

Decent move for him though because they give youth a chance. Not quite Bayern though eh...

Sunderland were interested in taking him
On loan when he went to Burton
Think this story is lazy journalism, unless the forum member knows different.

If we are to push youth then you’re probably looking at Osula and Jebbo being 3 and 4 in a rotational squad.

I’m suggesting by that Brewster is 5, as he’ll be under contract so here, but his fitness is so unreliable unfortunately.

If they are 1 or 2 then it seems to be asking a lot of them, unless one really kicks on.

Ironically playing 3-4-1-2 with say Hamer as 10 behind Archer and McBurnie and I’d be confident we could compete, but then you still get to the next season if you go up, wondering how to approach the PL better.

It seems to have huge question marks against McBurnie too. There aren’t too many like him. Keiffer Moore, Chris Wood. Any others?

Back
Top Bottom