Outgoing? Jebbison

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Think we're waiting till the season ends so Bill can come over from Hull to do the video etc

Did he run over your cat? Having this level of dislike for someone who got us out of league one, did well season one in the championship, promoted and then 9th in the premier league after 6 years in league one is bizarre behaviour
There’s no point in trying to discuss this with some people.

There are plenty of fans who drew their line in the sand and are unwilling to change.

I was in the minority on here for a long time and eventually most have come round to the thinking behind CW being a good fit.

If they don’t see it now then it’s their issue.

There’s no point in trying to discuss this with some people.

There are plenty of fans who drew their line in the sand and are unwilling to change.

I was in the minority on here for a long time and eventually most have come round to the thinking behind CW being a good fit.

If they don’t see it now then it’s their issue.

There's nothing this season that can sway anyone on whether Wilder is a good fit or not.

The proof in the pudding will be next season with Wilder pretty much overseeing the whole rebuild .. it will be very much his neck on the chopping block if it doesn't work out.

There's nothing this season that can sway anyone on whether Wilder is a good fit or not.

The proof in the pudding will be next season with Wilder pretty much overseeing the whole rebuild .. it will be very much his neck on the chopping block if it doesn't work out.
😂 apart from his out performed the previous manager two fold. We actually look like a coherent side that tries to play football.

Agreed he will be judged again next season and rightly so. But doesn’t mean he hasn’t improved us this season since he’s been back.

😂 apart from his out performed the previous manager two fold. We actually look like a coherent side that tries to play football.

Agreed he will be judged again next season and rightly so. But doesn’t mean he hasn’t improved us this season since he’s been back.
He hasn't improved us much if anything at all, his substitutions are still crap.
I have seen nothing from him that fills me with confidence for next season.
He's one lucky bloke who shouldn't be anywhere near a Premiership side..
Next season will be a long season with him in charge.
I am still debating if to renew my season ticket for next season the main reason is Wilder being in charge.

Signing 20 year olds who score over a goala game at their age group, have held their owning L1, shown flashes at higher levels and have fantastic physical traits is a good thing surely?

Or does he still not smile enough? Also, he wasn't brilliant in his stop/start Championship career so he's obviously wank forever 🙄

Did he run over your cat?
Yep as he sped away after leaving by the back door grabbing what compensation he could.

Seriously, I just think it’s a backward move for club but a windfall for him. He did a great job for which I will forever be grateful but his spunking of money, refusal to sign foreign non English speaking players (if true) and his shockingly poor transfer judgement as well as his back door exit expunged all the good stuff.

A footy manager is only as good as his last season.

He hasn't improved us much if anything at all, his substitutions are still crap.
I have seen nothing from him that fills me with confidence for next season.
He's one lucky bloke who shouldn't be anywhere near a Premiership side..
Next season will be a long season with him in charge.
I am still debating if to renew my season ticket for next season the main reason is Wilder being in charge.
I think it’s better you don’t go. So annoying sat near people who have no clue about football.

I think it’s better you don’t go. So annoying sat near people who have no clue about football.
Thanks for you advice but judging by your knowledge on football I'll choose too ignore it if you don't mind.

Next season will basically be wasted in what should be possibly our best chance to get back to the Premiership.
We will be bobbing about around midtable at best with Wilder making excuse after excuse while watching Burnley and Luton making a genuine attempt at promotion back to the Premiership.
Wilder will stick around no legging it out the back door this time because he knows this will be his last job above 1st Division level, he will stay until someone finally wakes up and smells the coffee and fires him..
One thing this season has taught us is the Premiership has moved on and we are getting left behind unfortunately, employing poor managers like Wilder and Heckingbottom is only hindering us even further.

Thanks for you advice but judging by your knowledge on football I'll choose too ignore it if you don't mind.

Next season will basically be wasted in what should be possibly our best chance to get back to the Premiership.
We will be bobbing about around midtable at best with Wilder making excuse after excuse while watching Burnley and Luton making a genuine attempt at promotion back to the Premiership.
Wilder will stick around no legging it out the back door this time because he knows this will be his last job above 1st Division level, he will stay until someone finally wakes up and smells the coffee and fires him..
One thing this season has taught us is the Premiership has moved on and we are getting left behind unfortunately, employing poor managers like Wilder and Heckingbottom is only hindering us even further.
I respectfully disagree with you. I think we'll have a good season next year and will finish in the top 6. If we don't go up over the next 2 seasons then I fear we could drop down again as it's sometimes the case when the squad usually drastically changes to meet financial requirements. I think that Wilder is the best fit until we get a new owner with serious wonga.

The quality and depth of the squads in the Championship and Premier League are light years apart so we should be just fine.... in the short term anyway.

UTMB

I respectfully disagree with you. I think we'll have a good season next year and will finish in the top 6. If we don't go up over the next 2 seasons then I fear we could drop down again as it's sometimes the case when the squad usually drastically changes to meet financial requirements. I think that Wilder is the best fit until we get a new owner with serious wonga.

The quality and depth of the squads in the Championship and Premier League are light years apart so we should be just fine.... in the short term anyway.

UTMB
spot on with that post with the right signings i see no reason we shouldnt be pushing for a top 6 spot if not better as you say the gap between premier league squads and championship squads is massive jebbison and osula could be big players for us next season with the addition of a new striker a couple of physical athletic midfielders 2 more defenders and new keeper i can see us being right up there in the mix utb fto

I’m not reading all of that.

I read your first post and it was nonsense.

So you are going to renew then?
Hardly worth the original flounce really.

I now worry that the presence of both Osula and Jebbison will lead to us not adequately strengthening up front. We need 2 good CFs. Neither can be considered as such. If McBurnie leaves we'll need to sign 2 but I can't see more than 1 if Jebbison stays

I now worry that the presence of both Osula and Jebbison will lead to us not adequately strengthening up front. We need 2 good CFs. Neither can be considered as such. If McBurnie leaves we'll need to sign 2 but I can't see more than 1 if Jebbison stays
still think theres an outside chance of archer coming back especially if we sell anel and souza which i think we will wouldnt bother me if mcburnie went never been a big fan of his and dont forget osula and jebbison wont be coming up against international centre backs in the championship unlike the premier league think both are capable of at least 15 goals each in the championship big drop in quality

People seem to be assuming that Jebbo will be fit and ready by the start of next season. I hope that is the case, of course, but the lad has had a lengthy layoff and looks like he has lost weight/muscle mass.

A bit like people saying we need to build a team around Arblaster. He is a great youngster, but still early days in his career and doesn't need any additional pressure.

To me, what we need to do (and what we needed to do when we were promoted last season) is to buy four experienced players, to create the spine of the team, to build around. One up front, one in the middle, to dictate the game, one commanding the defence and a keeper. Four players who had been there, seen it, done it.

I know that finding four great players, in each position, is not easy, but that is the task of the manager/recruitment team and owner.

It may be that McBurnie is the player up front, and Egan is the player at the back, who knows.

Anyway, just my two pennorth.

UTMB
That's fine we all have opinions.

Jebbo, Osula, Brewster and Benie Traroe as a out going hopefully and Marsh probably a loan out. Mcburnie night be here but if not I think we need two older strikers who are slightly more dependable

Back
Top Bottom