Incoming? James McArthur

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not too sure what people are expecting re signings but a reality check is needed by some I think ! Decent experienced premier league midfielder, on a free , not massive wages , we need bodies as we have nowhere near a 25 man squad! This could be a shrewd acquisition,!
In Hecky I trust !
As ever UTB !

Not too sure what people are expecting re signings but a reality check is needed by some I think ! Decent experienced premier league midfielder, on a free , not massive wages , we need bodies as we have nowhere near a 25 man squad! This could be a shrewd acquisition,!
In Hecky I trust !
As ever UTB !

35 year old who played a total of 4 games, (yes FOUR! and not full games either) last season.

Not a signing that fits the profile of players the prince wanted to bring in and not a signing which has any indication of looking at the future of the club.

Hopefully this is an agent driven rumour as does not indicate any future proofing whatsoever.

I hope not too old hardly played recently and doesn’t give us any kind of medium term security in a summer where we effectively need to recruit a new spine of the team for the future.

Did he not play through injury? Or did he not get game time because Palace are fairly decent?

Put it this way, i’d rather Ciaran Clark and thats saying something

Cart this bloke off to SPL

But if we're willing to offer Fleck a contract..... it's hardly difficult to believe this is it

I know we need bodies in midfield, but we don't need corpses in midfield

But if we're willing to offer Fleck a contract..... it's hardly difficult to believe this is it

I know we need bodies in midfield, but we don't need corpses in midfield
Not saying I don't believe it (despite saying it has to be bollocks) just saying I don't want it 😄

I get everything is paper talk really up to now but are we seriously going to have a worse team than we did last season?

Several older heads have left (with others likely to follow) and with them a lot of experience.
As a result, the squad currently looks young and inexperienced so I won't be at all surprised to see some signings that are outside the previously stated profile for targets i.e. young, able to improve and increase in value. Coady would be a prime example.
McArthur would be a surprise and obviously won't be an auto starter (unless he proves he's worthy) but decent cover for the squad in an area the squad is short.

In Hecky I trust !
As ever UTB !

We do not NEED a 25 man squad

Get this old man a zimmer frame..............Ah fu** were the same age

We might all enjoy a good burger or kfc or a nice 6 inches to fill us from subway but sometimes you might only have a quid and resort to a Greggs sausage roll because it’s all you have

Is what it is
Aye
But..
Are you really differentiating between KFC / Subway and Gregg’s as evidence of differing quality ?!?
Given your cited menus I’m (moderately) intrigued as to what you deem “ a good burger”

Meh, permanent signings need to be ones with upward value. Anel, NDiaye, Berge (bad example) but players who are young and can develop with us. We have enough experience already imo

Back
Top Bottom