Outgoing? Jebbison

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The fact that everyone within the club is desperate for him to sign a new deal tells you all you need to know in terms of how highly he's rated and regarded. That's by people with actual football knowledge and not some no-marks on the internet making snap judgements on a few sub appearances.

Sadly some fans can't see beyond their noses, nor have the patience to allow a young player to find his way - even if that takes that little bit longer.

The lad has everything needed to make a real go of it. Maybe just afford him a bit of time, he's 20 year old trying to get into a side that's either been pushing for promotion or in the PL.
Spot on!!

The fact that everyone within the club is desperate for him to sign a new deal tells you all you need to know in terms of how highly he's rated and regarded. That's by people with actual football knowledge and not some no-marks on the internet making snap judgements on a few sub appearances.

Sadly some fans can't see beyond their noses, nor have the patience to allow a young player to find his way - even if that takes that little bit longer.

The lad has everything needed to make a real go of it. Maybe just afford him a bit of time, he's 20 year old trying to get into a side that's either been pushing for promotion or in the PL.
The same club whose staff signed Brewster and the rest of the crap we’ve got. Their judgment is a pretty low bar.

£400k seems a lot of money for a player with only half a season in League 1 where he’s shown consistency, either side of that he’s struggled with any level of form and fitness.

Not sure what we’ve tried to achieve with Jebbo. I appreciate potential and he’s shown some remnants of ability at Championship in cameos, but a couple of games aside Osula has shown he reads the game better and is smarter in his movement than Jebbo.

I think we really should’ve kept Jebbison at Burton or in league one to really learn his game
You say that, but how often do Peterborough sell players for millions who have never done anything above League One?

The same club whose staff signed Brewster and the rest of the crap we’ve got. Their judgment is a pretty low bar.
Or to flip it another way, who signed; Ndiaye, JOC, Fleck, Norwood, McGoldrick, Enda etc. etc.

It’s easy to pick sole cases to make a point. Besides, did anyone foresee Brewster turning out like this? He’d had a very good loan spell at Swansea and was in the Liverpool squad before we signed him.

Some big name signings haven’t worked out at all, some have. Some players we didn’t bat much of an eyelid at signing have turned out excellent, some haven’t. This is the beauty of following football isn’t it?

Jebbison has been attracting interest from top European sides for a few years now, with the added earlier point about the club being desperate to keep him, leads me to sway on the side that he might actually turn out better than some people believe.

Last edited:

Brutal. But very true.

Or to flip it another way, who signed; Ndiaye, JOC, Fleck, Norwood, McGoldrick, Enda etc. etc.

It’s easy to pick sole cases to make a point. Besides, did anyone foresee Brewster turning out like this? He’d had a very good loan spell at Swansea and was in the Liverpool squad before we signed him.

Some big name signings haven’t worked out at all, some have. Some players we didn’t bat much of an eyelid at signing have turned out excellent, some haven’t. This is the beauty of following football isn’t it?

Jebbison has been attracting interest from top European sides for a few years now, with the added earlier point about the club being desperate to keep him, leads me to sway on the side that he might actually turn out better than some people believe.

The Blade “Jilted Lover Syndrome” is never in greater effect than when a Academy player moves on.

Jebbo would be foolish to move on at this stage.
He has all the basic ingredients to become a top player!.Still someway short though and needs to work on his weaknesses. He could disappear in a Blackhole and be forgotten
If he goes move on! all clubs don't lok after there young players like we do.

Jebbo would be foolish to move on at this stage.
He has all the basic ingredients to become a top player!.Still someway short though and needs to work on his weaknesses. He could disappear in a Blackhole and be forgotten
If he goes move on! all clubs don't lok after there young players like we do.

I think given what’s reportedly happened, I imagine Jebbo doesn’t feel like the club have looked after him and it’s one of the reasons he may move on.

If we are relegated and can tie down McBurnie and Jebbo our strike force would look like;

Mcburnie
Osula
Jebbo
Archer Replacement

I’d be more than happy with that if we can get in an experienced player to replace Archer. I’m not going to list Brewster as I think he’s finished.

If we are relegated and can tie down McBurnie and Jebbo our strike force would look like;

Mcburnie
Osula
Jebbo
Archer Replacement

I’d be more than happy with that if we can get in an experienced player to replace Archer. I’m not going to list Brewster as I think he’s finished.
Plus Brewster?

Broke his arm didn't he?
Peck has done his knee.
Marsh broke his arm which he recovered from but has since apparently torn his ACL in training, nothing been confirmed just a rumour from social media.

Peck recovered from one knee problem and has since had an operation on the other.

Marsh broke his arm which he recovered from but has since apparently torn his ACL in training, nothing been confirmed just a rumour from social media.

Peck recovered from one knee problem and has since had an operation on the other.
yes marsh has done his acl could be out for up to 12 months ☹

These young lads not getting much luck are they!!
As soon as someone looks like they are going to be a big player it’s a knock back with an ACL
Hackford
Peck (x2)
Marsh

Have to wonder if they’ve had injuries like that at such a young age whether their bodies will be able to manage the rigours of pro football, at such a crucial part of their development both technically but most importantly physically.

Just confirms how hard it is to actually make it. Technical ability counts for nothing at the top of the game if you lack the physical attributes. Brunt looked great at youth level and stood out, but as soon as I saw him against men it was obvious he lacked pace and influence with his stature to be big in the game. Don’t get me wrong, may well have a decent career but premier league and top champ contender I doubt.

Still don't know what to make of Jebbison. He's got the height, pace and athleticism and has shown flashes of quality. However, he has barely played since his loan spell at Burton 2 seasons ago. He needs to be playing regularly now if he's going to make it either here or somewhere else. He's been in and around England U18, U19 and now U20 squads, but never a starter. He's behind Dane Scarlett in U20, who has made very little impact in his two loan spells at Portsmouth and Ipswich over the last 12 months.

I bet all the people saying he's shit are frothing at the mouth to slag Arblaster off. After all, he's had one decent half season at L1 which, based on the stuff posted on this thread makes you absolutely useless.

A list of some recent English CF's who've scored 10+ in PL seasons and what they'd done by their age 20 season

Harry Kane - 12 goals. 0 goals in the top division
Darren Bent - 20. 1 in the top division
Marlon Harewood - 5. 1 in the top division
Kevin Davies - 23, all in the bottom 2 divisions
Jermain Defoe - 10, all in the top division
Grant Holt - Hadn't played a league game
Rickie Lambert - 10, no higher than L1
Charlie Austin - Hadn't played a league game
Troy Deeney - 1, in L2
Jamie Vardy - Hadn't played a league game
Glenn Murray - Hadn't played a league game
Callum Wilson - 1, L1
Danny Ings - 7, L1
Patrick Bamford - 4, L1
Ollie Watkins - 4, L2
DCL - 10, 5 in the PL
Ivan Toney, 11, all in L2

The outliers are the likes of Rooney and Rashford

So, yeah. Giving up on 20 year old CF's with decent potential isn't smart

Players usually peak at 25-27. Experience is a part. Hardly the finished article at 21. There are exceptions but they are just that.

He's on their radar because he is a rare athlete. Once he puts on muscle he is going to be so hard to defend. Think Didier Drogba. He has such a high upside.

Drogba was already much more muscular than Jebbison at his age to be fair. In googling that though, I found out that Drogba hadn't even broken in to the Le Mans team in the French second division at that age, so it's actually a good example.

I also learned that we could have signed him a couple of years later for £100k, but Warnock (and presumably the club) thought that was too expensive. Don't know how that one passed me by, but it's great to know.

Back
Top Bottom