Jebbison Mystery

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I knew a house share with Brewster was a bad idea!

I refer my honourable forumers to the comments I previously made about George Long and the pelters I received thereafter.
You got one correct a decade ago, what about all the ones you've got wrong?
I have no idea about this by the way! Just that people who are given to sweepeing generalisaitions about young players get more wrong than right.

Completely disagree with that.

He is a terrific, young, quick and athletic prospect who only needs experience via game-time and will ultimately then develop into a similar striker to DCL.

Will get snapped up by a PL club for peanuts if we don't get his contract sorted.
He wont be getting no move if he doesn't show he can play more than 20 games a season. (See Brewster)

I'm guessing it was initially his 'illness' keeping him out, and now maybe he's not returning to the first team until the contract situation is sorted. But it's only a guess. It's a weird situation.
His illness was serious a mis diagnosed blood clot (not by the club) I hear from the inside

I wonder why everything at the club seems secretive,in a way?
No reason really why we don't get an update on Jebbo ,I have mentioned this before not wanting personal details just an update on where he's at!
Surprising at interviews no reporter asks about him.
Same applies with young Marshi ! Has he done his ACL or not, he was back after his broken arm and then Dony manager said he had done his knee.
Information really we are entitled to as fans.As I said don't want personal details just there prospects of playing for us In the near future.Hopefully they are both progressing well and us see them progressing there career with the Blades!
Bit long winded this I know! Just someone who keeps a strong interest in the young players ,been doing that right back to the Badger Woody, Mick Jones era! etc. My era as a fan!.

He wont be getting no move if he doesn't show he can play more than 20 games a season. (See Brewster)
Is that a triple negative?

He won’t get no move (ergo he will get a move)
If he doesnt show …… that 3….. Numberwang

Last season he looked like he had great promise but his injuries stopped him from taking things up a level. I always felt that us being in the prem this season might have been a stretch for him at this stage of his career which could have dented his confidence.

If Wilder thinks he's worth persevering with then that's good enough for me. If he comes back successfully he might be better than Osula.

Tin hat on but he's not good enough. I know he's 'one of our own' etc and that holds sway with a lot of folk on here, but sadly he'll never make it above League One level. Osula is head and shoulders above him in terms of being a half decent striker and he's nowhere near being the player some people imagine him to be.

One of our own, directly from Canada.

I’m starting to think that Jebbison is the equivalent of the emperor’s new clothes. He’s shown some promise but not actually delivered in the way I would expect, given the way people rave about him.
Obviously we don’t get to see him every day and I’d love for the things people way about him to be true, but I haven’t seen sufficient evidence to back it up so far.

You got one correct a decade ago, what about all the ones you've got wrong?
I have no idea about this by the way! Just that people who are given to sweepeing generalisaitions about young players get more wrong than right.
To be honest, I can't recall me having a negative opinion on any of our other starlets apart from Long and Jebbo but do a search if you want and tell me. That's what the search function is there for, be my guest. And it's not a sweeping generalisation, as you put it, it's an opinion garnered from watching him play.

I’m starting to think that Jebbison is the equivalent of the emperor’s new clothes. He’s shown some promise but not actually delivered in the way I would expect, given the way people rave about him.
Obviously we don’t get to see him every day and I’d love for the things people way about him to be true, but I haven’t seen sufficient evidence to back it up so far.
How old is he 20? FFS

Tin hat on but he's not good enough. I know he's 'one of our own' etc and that holds sway with a lot of folk on here, but sadly he'll never make it above League One level. Osula is head and shoulders above him in terms of being a half decent striker and he's nowhere near being the player some people imagine him to be.
Not sure I'd go the full 'not good enough' line, but certainly, if you take that goal v Everton out, his body of work is pretty flimsy.

As raw and out of his depth as Osula looks, he's getting valuable minutes and experience under his belt. Next season in the Championship the game will be so much slower to him as a result of not getting a kick at PL level for half a season as Jebbison is sat watching ...

To be honest, I can't recall me having a negative opinion on any of our other starlets apart from Long and Jebbo but do a search if you want and tell me. That's what the search function is there for, be my guest. And it's not a sweeping generalisation, as you put it, it's an opinion garnered from watching him play.
I'm not going to search your post history for fucks sake Jon. Like I said I have no idea what you have predicted in the past.
I just wish folk would have more patience with young people, in all walks of life.

Still an odd situation especially when Wilder seemed quite positive regarding new deals for him and Arblaster the other week.

There is potential in Jebbo without a doubt although maybe I cloud my judgement a bit in thinking that he has similar attributes to a young Brian Deane when he first joined us at a similar age to what Jebbo is now.

Whether he is fit to return this season, I don’t see or expect much contribution from him in what little games we will have remaining and whether or not he has premier league potential, he certainly isn’t at that level just yet.

Hopefully he signs a new contract and has a big season in front of him in the championship next season. We have only seen glimpses but the swatting off of the Preston defender and ball across for Ndaye to score last season gives an idea of the capability within him.

That consistency just needs improving so that he is doing that week in week out.

I want to a right old battle to develop between him and Osula for a starting shirt

I'm at the stage now that if they're never fit and playing then I won't miss them..

What good is potential if its always not fit for selection, go to your boss and say, I'm unwell, I dont know what's wrong with me but I can't work this year, but can I please be paid? Oh and I'm leaving to work for somebody else when this contract is over.

Mcburnie. Brewster, Jebbeson I won't miss any of them, they're holding us back in my opinion..let's get players who want to play...

Edit : I doo feel sorry for RND ..that was clear he gave a shit when he left, he looked devastated, that's the difference when you care..

Last edited:
The difficulty is his lack of game time since his return from Burton. What ever the issue is he needs to get back on the pitch and get some games into him. His development has stalled but he is young enough to start improving again. As fans we haven't seen enough of him to decide if he will make it with us. Young players develop at different rates and at different times. What we do know is that he is raw like Osula and we don't really know what his ceiling is. The championship next season will tell us all we need to know about him and Osula. Let's just hope that these two and Brooks become regulars. We could do with a bit of luck after our endeavours in the transfer market.

Are you seriously suggesting they don't want to play?

In brewsters case on his return the first thing he did was get a red and 3 more games off, jebbo seems incredibly happy being nowhere near the pitch or the first team (anybody know why?) mcburnie is a free agent in the summertime so he will limit game time to protect himself in order to be available to other clubs, dont hold your breath that suddenly these constantly injured players will miraculously come good and storm the division...way too much water has passed under the bridge with these 3 and 2 of them will leave this summer on frees, so loyalty isn't something they have to the club, they want money we won't \ can't pay.

Im cynical i know, but i predict brewster to be injured again shortly, Oh, and remember this is my opinion, you might have a different one..its not a problem..

I think Jebbo is a better all round striker than Osula, who seems to float about without actually doing much a lot of the time.
Jebbo puts himself about a lot more, and although he needs to up his game, I'm sure he will end up the most like DCL in the future.

Back
Top Bottom