Jebbison Mystery

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Neither are good enough and will not be top championship strikers in the next 5 hrs!

I think Osula is a step ahead of Jebbo right now, but I would love these 2 to rip it next season. If both are fit and heathy I can see them forming a partnership reminiscent to Deane/Agana.
What about Jones & Birchenall for old timers like me.Both had career's in the top division Mick playing for England as well.

Completely disagree with that.

He is a terrific, young, quick and athletic prospect who only needs experience via game-time and will ultimately then develop into a similar striker to DCL.

Will get snapped up by a PL club for peanuts if we don't get his contract sorted.
The DCL comparison is a fair one. He played a lot of games for Everton before he clicked and went on to play for England. I never saw that potential in him. As mentioned before, he had a lot of physical attributes and Everton took their time and coached him accordingly and forged a very good player. I remember around Theo Walcott’s breakthrough and a lot was said then that a lot of it was basically coaching someone who was a very proficient sprinter. Jags was always our best athlete and was our best asset. Walker the same. Even when we lined up opening day v palace the difference in size and athleticism was frightening and it is something we’ve never really cottoned on to.

No appearances in 23/24 season so far
If the rumours of a blood clot are true, he could potentially have lost a leg as a worst case scenario if it had been undiagnosed. Like most of us on here, you are completely clueless about what he might have been going through. The vast majority have chosen to give him the benefit of the doubt. Some haven’t. It says quite a lot about them.

If the rumours of a blood clot are true, he could potentially have lost a leg as a worst case scenario if it had been undiagnosed. Like most of us on here, you are completely clueless about what he might have been going through. The vast majority have chosen to give him the benefit of the doubt. Some haven’t. It says quite a lot about them.

OK, I now feel sorry for him so I need to be bracketed into the group that care from now on.

However what's concerning me now is he's prepared to let a professional football contract expire rather than renew it on improved wages whilst having a medical condition that means he may not be able to play again..

If he has a serious medical condition then why wouldn't he sign a new deal thus securing he has a financial income, insurance and professional medical care for the immediate future, from where I'm stood it'd be complete common sense..

Then If it turns out he can't play then he's got 3 years wages to fall back on, it's a no brainer for me, I'm actually wondering who's offering these deals at the club as it seems a bit of a risk to me.

if he does leave, who's gonna gamble on this situation...

OK, I now feel sorry for him so I need to be bracketed into the group that care from now on.

However what's concerning me now is he's prepared to let a professional football contract expire rather than renew it on improved wages whilst having a medical condition that means he may not be able to play again..

If he has a serious medical condition then why wouldn't he sign a new deal thus securing he has a financial income, insurance and professional medical care for the immediate future, from where I'm stood it'd be complete common sense..

Then If it turns out he can't play then he's got 3 years wages to fall back on, it's a no brainer for me, I'm actually wondering who's offering these deals at the club as it seems a bit of a risk to me.

It might not be renewed on better terms, which might be his sticking point.

Well I guess it depends on the prognosis
and the treatment he’s receiving doesn’t it. Perhaps he is on the road to making a full recovery but it takes time. We don’t know, do we. The sensible approach is probably to wait & see what plays out.

Alternatively, we could make things up based on what we think we know & end up looking stupid.

I'm in the dark, but he'd be offered a senior professional deal, his age and saleability are a factor, he'd be on the same goal bonus as mcburnie..

He's gonna be put on 20-25k a week, but I think his agent has a better offer on the table already, I'm anxious though cause nick seems to think he's genuine, and I'm concerned I'm doing the lad a disservice.

I had big hopes for him 2 / 3 years ago like most, I had imagined him and brewster running riot...

There is a trend forming that players know they can leave on a free and double thier wages, the prince reassured us that no player entering the last year was omitted from contracts discussed or offered, some won't be offered but all were considered going into the final year, the ones that haven't signed, aren't signing for a reason..

Well I guess it depends on the prognosis
and the treatment he’s receiving doesn’t it. Perhaps he is on the road to making a full recovery but it takes time. We don’t know, do we. The sensible approach is probably to wait & see what plays out.

Alternatively, we could make things up based on what we think we know & end up looking stupid.

Fair point, I had high hopes from brewser and jebbo, hasn't happened now I'll focus on Osula, Arblaster and Brooks etc..

probs I'd feel bad if he retired through Ill health and says he didn't want to burden the club further..

I think Jebbo is a better all round striker than Osula, who seems to float about without actually doing much a lot of the time.
Jebbo puts himself about a lot more, and although he needs to up his game, I'm sure he will end up the most like DCL in the future.
That’s an interesting take, the latter one.

I always felt that Osula was the more physically aggressive and put himself about more.

Perhaps chasing shadows for a season has somewhat diminished that opinion!

For the romantics amongst us, it would be great to see a healthy batch of youth graduates emerge, not so much for the obvious saving of money perspective, but the enthusiasm it generates.

With Osula, Jebbison, March and Hackford on the books, there must be a chance of a couple of graduates in the next few years lining up as strike partners. Likewise, Brooks and Arblaster coming through is promising.

We may be able to enjoy them next year. The awkward fact lurking in the background is that if/when they do well, and if the club don’t go up, you just know teams will come knocking. Hopefully not before we get to enjoy them.

I do hope Rhys can recover. I think he’s reached a stage of maturity and experience where he could be an excellent player for us next year in the Championship IF fit. It would be great to see some of the other fullbacks emerge as well after we’ve put faith in them.

I guess this is where you derive your enjoyment when you don’t really have the finances to win anything!

That’s an interesting take, the latter one.

I always felt that Osula was the more physically aggressive and put himself about more.

Perhaps chasing shadows for a season has somewhat diminished that opinion!

For the romantics amongst us, it would be great to see a healthy batch of youth graduates emerge, not so much for the obvious saving of money perspective, but the enthusiasm it generates.

With Osula, Jebbison, March and Hackford on the books, there must be a chance of a couple of graduates in the next few years lining up as strike partners. Likewise, Brooks and Arblaster coming through is promising.

We may be able to enjoy them next year. The awkward fact lurking in the background is that if/when they do well, and if the club don’t go up, you just know teams will come knocking. Hopefully not before we get to enjoy them.

I do hope Rhys can recover. I think he’s reached a stage of maturity and experience where he could be an excellent player for us next year in the Championship IF fit. It would be great to see some of the other fullbacks emerge as well after we’ve put faith in them.

I guess this is where you derive your enjoyment when you don’t really have the finances to win anything!
Don't forget Òne!, I expect we will see him soon too.

I don't know what it is with Osula, he was great v Gillingham, but whenever I see him v a prem side, he seems scared to tackle, his shots lack any bite and are mostly wayward, as if he wants to get rid of the ball as soon as he gets it, and compared to our other forwards, he just doesn't put himself about as much?
It might to be our view around our seats, but the word lazy gets used a bit?

I think Hamer will be better next season too, as Mcatee and BBD will obviously be gone, which should allow him to play more in his favoured areas?

Or, for that matter, it might be on better terms, but nowhere near as good as he could get elsewhere. United trying to get someone to renew going from severely pisspoor wages to pisspoor wages would not be unprecedented, see our friend in Marseille for the perfect example

Or, for that matter, it might be on better terms, but nowhere near as good as he could get elsewhere. United trying to get someone to renew going from severely pisspoor wages to pisspoor wages would not be unprecedented, see our friend in Marseille for the perfect example
Our friend in Marseille was offered the highest wagesever from SUFC which were by all accounts on a par with the club he went t.
he chose to go their as it was his wish to play for that club and it was not influenced by money.
this has been quoted in a number of articles

Don't forget Òne!, I expect we will see him soon too.

I don't know what it is with Osula, he was great v Gillingham, but whenever I see him v a prem side, he seems scared to tackle, his shots lack any bite and are mostly wayward, as if he wants to get rid of the ball as soon as he gets it, and compared to our other forwards, he just doesn't put himself about as much?
It might to be our view around our seats, but the word lazy gets used a bit?

I think Hamer will be better next season too, as Mcatee and BBD will obviously be gone, which should allow him to play more in his favoured areas?
I didn’t put Oné as I thought it would open the door to saying he’s not a youth graduate, but yes he seems to be physically ahead of the game so hope he can add to the mix!

Having seen One on a few occasions, whilst he is ahead of the game physically, he still has a v long way to go before being ready for first team football and needs a season in div 2 or possibly non league

Having seen One on a few occasions, whilst he is ahead of the game physically, he still has a v long way to go before being ready for first team football and needs a season in div 2 or possibly non league
He was playing regularly in Scotland for a league team.... non league is to low surely.

Looks a unit, but I’ve watched 2 development games on YouTube (granted not the best way to judge a player) & he was one of the better players, but wasn’t ridiculously ahead of the pack.

I remember seeing NDiaye, Jebbison, Osula, Brooks, Arblaster for the U23s and thinking these boys looks a level above. Out of that bunch excluding NDiaye I always though Osula was a cut above the rest

I'm at the stage now that if they're never fit and playing then I won't miss them..

What good is potential if its always not fit for selection, go to your boss and say, I'm unwell, I dont know what's wrong with me but I can't work this year, but can I please be paid? Oh and I'm leaving to work for somebody else when this contract is over.

Mcburnie. Brewster, Jebbeson I won't miss any of them, they're holding us back in my opinion..let's get players who want to play...

Edit : I doo feel sorry for RND ..that was clear he gave a shit when he left, he looked devastated, that's the difference when you care..
I'm pretty sure with all the medical analysis and equipment available our medical staff know exactly what is wrong with players and if / when they are available to play.

It's not in the players interest to not play if they want a new contract or to be signed by another club. Not many clubs will sign a player who is always injured, they wouldn't pass the medical for one thing, and if they did would probably get a much reduced wage or based on appearances.

You seem to be giving RND a free pass because he cares. I also remember Brewster looking pretty devistated when he did his hamstring the second time as well.

Our friend in Marseille was offered the highest wagesever from SUFC which were by all accounts on a par with the club he went t.
he chose to go their as it was his wish to play for that club and it was not influenced by money.
this has been quoted in a number of articles

He may well have not been influenced by money. We might have been able to influence him with money if we had offered what he was worth - the highest wages in SUFC history would likely be less than the median Premier League wage, and still definitely qualify as pisspoor in the situation

No reason really why we don't get an update on Jebbo ,I have mentioned this before not wanting personal details just an update on where he's at!
Surprising at interviews no reporter asks about him.
Same applies with young Marshi ! Has he done his ACL or not, he was back after his broken arm and then Dony manager said he had done his knee.
Information really we are entitled to as fans.As I said don't want personal details just there prospects of playing for us In the near future.Hopefully they are both progressing well and us see them progressing there career with the Blades!
Bit long winded this I know! Just someone who keeps a strong interest in the young players ,been doing that right back to the Badger Woody, Mick Jones era! etc. My era as a fan!.
"Entitled", the scourge of modern society.

He may well have not been influenced by money. We might have been able to influence him with money if we had offered what he was worth - the highest wages in SUFC history would likely be less than the median Premier League wage, and still definitely qualify as pisspoor in the situation
Yet quite sufficient to entice him to play for his chosen destination.
interested if you would have been moaning if we had doubled the offer which you claim would have enticed him to sign and he then performed for us as he has performed for them. But it’s ok let’s just use any excuse to moan at the club even if this is wide of left field.

HE DID NOT WANT TO SIGN

interested if you would have been moaning if we had doubled the offer which you claim would have enticed him to sign and he then performed for us as he has performed for them

I would not moan about what would have been the correct decision at the time, no, as I'm not a results-oriented lunatic

I would not moan about what would have been the correct decision at the time, no, as I'm not a results-oriented lunatic

He was offered multiple deals since he signed his previous one. Ndiaye isn't a good example.

You are better off asking why we let the likes of Brooks, Jebbo and Osula get to the final year of their deals.

He was offered multiple deals since he signed his previous one. Ndiaye isn't a good example.

If someone's declining multiple new contract offers, some of which were presumably before the Marseille interest appeared, then it's a pretty good example of United offering pisspoor terms and the player saying no, surely?

He was playing regularly in Scotland for a league team.... non league is to low surely.
He’s very raw at the minute Bed. I dunno if maybe we keep him in house for a bit longer rather than loan him out he’s still young.

Back
Top Bottom