Jebbison Mystery

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blades78

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the actual issue is? Something not right and I'm starting to wonder if this is a scenario similar to Ndiaye and Ayari when neither were allowed to be involved unless they signed a new contract.

Does anyone know what the actual issue is? Something not right and I'm starting to wonder if this is a scenario similar to Ndiaye and Ayari when neither were allowed to be involved unless they signed a new contract.
Don't wonder, it seems it could be dangerous.

I have been told:

1. It is genuinely an illness. Nothing to do with his contract situation.

2. It is not, as some have speculated, glandular fever.

3. The recovery time is uncertain but it seems unlikely he will return before January 2024.

Surely a good young English striker is worth a punt on a decent contract?
Archer will be going back end of season when we go down so thats our money back and him off the wage bill, use that dolla.

Surely a good young English striker is worth a punt on a decent contract?
Archer will be going back end of season when we go down so thats our money back and him off the wage bill, use that dolla.
I'll be honest, I wanted to cash in.
Selling Jebbo could have paid for Doyle, but with how bare we are up top I think we have to fight to keep him (I don't think he wants to stay).
I put him behind Osula and even Brewster, but once we lose Archer we still dont have enough even in the Championship.
I'm holding out hope for Marsh, I'm just a bit worried about his build, and let's be honest Jebbo is built like a prime race horse.

Selling Jebbo could have paid for Doyle

If we actually could have got enough for Jebbison that we could have afforded the ACTUAL amount that City would have wanted for Doyle (and not the artificially low figure which Wolves "paid" on account of someone going in the opposite direction), then yeah, I agree with you, but that was never happening in reality

If we actually could have got enough for Jebbison that we could have afforded the ACTUAL amount that City would have wanted for Doyle (and not the artificially low figure which Wolves "paid" on account of someone going in the opposite direction), then yeah, I agree with you, but that was never happening in reality
I think the Souza figure would have got him to be honest. That figure AND some Jebbo money definitely would have.
Hey, 2 years time and Jebbison could be worth more than both of them added together, who knows? I just don't see it personally.

Selling Jebbo could have paid for Doyle, but with how bare we are up top I think we have to fight to keep him (I don't think he wants to stay).
I put him behind Osula and even Brewster, but once we lose Archer we still dont have enough even in the Championship.
I'm holding out hope for Marsh, I'm just a bit worried about his build, and let's be honest Jebbo is built like a prime race horse.
One argument for continuing with the 3-5-2 formation is the amount and quality of young strikers coming through:

Osula
Jebbison
One
Brewster
Traore
Marsh

Not sure many of them would adapt to a wide/attacking midfield role. If we did switch to a formation that plays just one centre forward it seems we'd be wasting a lot of the talent we have.

The trend is that fewer teams are playing two up front, and we have to look at teams who have succeeded with it at top level for inspiration. Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid and Leipzig are examples of teams abroad who seem to stick with two strikers.

Some numbers from PL last season:

1697713579073.png

First of all I hope he makes a full recovery, which should go without saying but this is the internet.

But. Even if he's back in the squad by January I think we can forget about selling him to be honest - I don't see who's going to take a punt on a player who's just come back from a mystery illness, especially when they can monitor his progress for the rest of the season and then sign him on a free.

One argument for continuing with the 3-5-2 formation is the amount and quality of young strikers coming through:

Osula
Jebbison
One
Brewster
Traore
Marsh

Not sure many of them would adapt to a wide/attacking midfield role. If we did switch to a formation that plays just one centre forward it seems we'd be wasting a lot of the talent we have.

The trend is that fewer teams are playing two up front, and we have to look at teams who have succeeded with it at top level for inspiration. Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid and Leipzig are examples of teams abroad who seem to stick with two strikers.

View attachment 173154
It is an argument I suppose to persevere (and that's what it currently is) with a 352, but it's very long term thinking. Which is usually great but we could do with some short term success. Not only are none of those players ready to start in the Premier League but we don't have the players for the 3, or the quality for the 5 part either.
It's a bit lazy to push misfiring strikers out wide, we've tried it with Brewster, but I do think Traore might be able to play a little buit wider. He doesn't have the strength yet to be a winger and apparently his finishing is too good to waste being too wide, but I reckon he'd be our best bet.

That said I want to see Larouci and Bogle as wingers in a 451 after you mentioned it a few weeks back first.

Is it just me or is the club currently doing a terrible job of keeping us informed about the squad?
Why don’t we know what the illness is? Why can’t we ever believe what our manager says about players proximity to a return? Despite the fact that we could all see it, I’m sure the club haven’t officially said what Bash has done to his leg.
I could be wrong on all this of course but it all seems cloak and dagger.

Osula
Jebbison
One
Brewster
Traore
Marsh

View attachment 173154
Macedo too. Brewster more of a senior pro now.

Is it just me or is the club currently doing a terrible job of keeping us informed about the squad?
Why don’t we know what the illness is? Why can’t we ever believe what our manager says about players proximity to a return? Despite the fact that we could all see it, I’m sure the club haven’t officially said what Bash has done to his leg.
I could be wrong on all this of course but it all seems cloak and dagger.
I’d agree that Hecky is a bit nebulous when talking about likely return dates for players that are close to return ( eg Baldock) but I understand and appreciate the need to keep the opposition in the dark as much as possible ( not that I imagine that many are having sleepless nights about us...).
In terms of Jebbo, I don’t understand why you think you’re entitled to know what’s wrong with him. Data protection law aside, it’s his private business.
As for Bash, I don’t think we need a club statement to know that he’s out for the season. We don’t need the know the details of the specific injury - that’s his private business, and makes no difference to us.

I don't mind being kept in the dark assuming we are doing the right things behind the scenes.

As regards contracts, the Prince saying that we were deliberately letting contracts run into their final year on (I think a faulty) assumption it would make them play better put a bit of a dent in that.

I assume they are now revising this policy because we are not in the NFL.

But he is completely worth keeping and on fairly decent wages too.

He's got a rare tropical disease called lazyitis caught it off Souza, Brewster has also had it for 3 years or so

I’d agree that Hecky is a bit nebulous when talking about likely return dates for players that are close to return ( eg Baldock) but I understand and appreciate the need to keep the opposition in the dark as much as possible ( not that I imagine that many are having sleepless nights about us...).
In terms of Jebbo, I don’t understand why you think you’re entitled to know what’s wrong with him. Data protection law aside, it’s his private business.
As for Bash, I don’t think we need a club statement to know that he’s out for the season. We don’t need the know the details of the specific injury - that’s his private business, and makes no difference to us.
So it is just me then. There was me thinking people would be wondering why our players aren’t playing, when in fact I am clearly a weirdo with poor grasp of GDPR.

So it is just me then. There was me thinking people would be wondering why our players aren’t playing, when in fact I am clearly a weirdo with poor grasp of GDPR.
I don’t think I said any of that. Jebbo isn’t playing because he is ill. Bash isn’t playing because he has mashed his ankle. Clear enough, isn’t it?

Jebbo has been here for a while now and not improved a great deal, if he was any other nationality I'd say let him go but with the price of English talent especially strikers it's totally different IMO.

You mean he could just never play for us again and that would be that? None of our business?
It's worse with RND who just seems to have disappeared completely.
Given we fund the club and there wouldn't be much of a club without us I do think we are owed a bit more information as to what's going on.

You mean he could just never play for us again and that would be that? None of our business?
It's worse with RND who just seems to have disappeared completely.
Given we fund the club and there wouldn't be much of a club without us I do think we are owed a bit more information as to what's going on.
No, I don’t mean that “he could just never play for us again and that would be that”, and I didn’t say anything like that. We deserve to be informed that players are out injured, together with a general description of the reason, and an indication of timescale for recovery to the extent that the prognosis allows this.That is what has happened. We are not entitled to receive detailed medical reports for other people, and even if we were they would be of no use to us.

Do we fund the club? Should I therefore be blaming us for the fact that we are cash-strapped? I agree that the club wouldn’t be much without us, but to state, as a given, that we fund the club is a bit daft, isn’t it. Ticket sales are only a small component of our income stream.

Just like with JoC they won't come out and say it straight for reasons that will will never be gold directly. Jack didn't even announce his retirement until well after he left us when it was very obviously coming for years!

Back
Top Bottom