Jebbison Mystery

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It was said by a number of people on here at the time that United would not let Ndiaye play for the first team until he signed a new contract. I was told by someone ITK that this was correct.
Other clubs do the same. What is the point of having an Academy if the players refuse to sign the new contract and is allowed to leave the club for just "the u24 compensation fee".

he did not release any information as he, his agent and his family did not want him to. Subsequently he “did his job”

why do so many “supporters” always look for the negative
Bit harsh, you can come out and say Jebbo isn't involved because he's suffering with a long term injury currently. Saying that doesn't harm anyone and gives the fans a clear indication of what to expect.

I don't remember the club every really giving any clear update at all until wilder said he spoke to his mum about a contract.... absence of information will always lead to speculation just human nature.

Don't blame Jebbo if he wants to move on, he needs to kick start his career and it's been very start and stop here for us.

Other clubs do the same. What is the point of having an Academy if the players refuse to sign the new contract and is allowed to leave the club for just "the u24 compensation fee".
That is basically why Brentford closed their academy. Benham got fed up of losing the academy's best players to Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs etc for peanuts

That is basically why Brentford closed their academy. Benham got fed up of losing the academy's best players to Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs etc for peanuts
They have reopened the academy now they did it the other year

Saw him coming out of Meadowhall on Monday afternoon.

"Oreyt, Jebbo" I said.

"Hey man" he replied.

Not sure what that means in terms of a new contract mind.
Hmm. “Hey man”. Or was it “Hay, man”, meaning, “I’m making hay whilst the sun shines, eying up a big money move to Everton in the summer”?
No one knows, and that’s the beauty of the English language, and the enigmatic way that Jebbo chooses to use it. He is one step ahead of the rest of us at all times.

That's only due to PL requirements to have one. If they weren't forced to have one, they wouldn't have reopened one at all
Granted they don’t take it very seriously until the 18’s. I don’t mind Brentford’s approach of having a B team rather than 21’s which you arrange your own fixtures for it’d be a potential solution for our 21’s needing a higher level of competition without the massive outlay for a top level academy

So hang on

Jebbo/his family/GDPR means the club can't reveal what's been up with jebbo all season leaving fans to guess or spread untrue rumours.

Then some bloke who works at the club can go on the wireless to "reveal all"

Only in S2

So hang on

Jebbo/his family/GDPR means the club can't reveal what's been up with jebbo all season leaving fans to guess or spread untrue rumours.

Then some bloke who works at the club can go on the wireless to "reveal all"

Only in S2
He says Jebbo is happy for him to share it. Consent is the first lawful basis for sharing personal info under GDPR.

Do agree it's a bit odd to hide it for so long though and then reveal it this late on.

He says Jebbo is happy for him to share it. Consent is the first lawful basis for sharing personal info under GDPR.

Do agree it's a bit odd to hide it for so long though and then reveal it this late on.

Exactly, "jebbo is injured and will be out for x months" would have been sufficient

They have reopened the academy now they did it the other year
They only did it because PL rules insist clubs have academies. Its not really an academy as its Cat 4 and they aren't 'taking it seriously.'They play clubs like Newport, Forest Green, Exeter and Gillingham. Basically its a box ticking exercise

I see it as a possible positive. Bettis along with Wilder seem to be highlighting Jebbison as a key player that they want to tie down to a new deal and seem to be putting a lot of effort into getting a deal done. If Jebbo is happy for information to now be shared and the club feel like progress is being made with his contract then it all seems positive.

Yeah, can tell he's been ill. Great to see him back though and sure he'll bulk up again now he's got the all-clear to train.
I wouldnt be rushing him back this season, get him back healthy & fit in the pre-season and ready to fulfil his potential. I think its likely you'll see Osula & Jebbo as our front 2 for the first game next season. I'm not sure if that guarantees goals personally. Definitely an area we'll need to strengthen (along with the rest!)

I wouldnt be rushing him back this season, get him back healthy & fit in the pre-season and ready to fulfil his potential. I think its likely you'll see Osula & Jebbo as our front 2 for the first game next season. I'm not sure if that guarantees goals personally. Definitely an area we'll need to strengthen (along with the rest!)
Hoping the rumours of him being ready to sign a new deal are true. I still hold out hope that Jebbo + Osula become the mid-term dream partnership upfront but neither is anywhere near the finished article so hope we're not relying on them too much in the first half of the season.

Hoping the rumours of him being ready to sign a new deal are true. I still hold out hope that Jebbo + Osula become the mid-term dream partnership upfront but neither is anywhere near the finished article so hope we're not relying on them too much in the first half of the season.
If we have to start with those two up front then we're in big trouble.

If we have to start with those two up front then we're in big trouble.

They are going to get a massive amount of chances if we do given the level of creativity and quality I would expect us to have in midfield. Unless you literally think their finishing abilities are such that we can label them Conor Sammon 2.0 and 3.0 respectively, you're being ridiculous.

They are going to get a massive amount of chances if we do given the level of creativity and quality I would expect us to have in midfield. Unless you literally think their finishing abilities are such that we can label them Conor Sammon 2.0 and 3.0 respectively, you're being ridiculous.
All about opinions and for me they want farming out to someone in league 1, their scoring records in the first team is poor even taking in the poor quality around them.

All about opinions and for me they want farming out to someone in league 1, their scoring records in the first team is poor even taking in the poor quality around them.

Why the fuck would we want to loan them out to league one when we have done that with both of them already? If you don't think they'll ever be good enough, fine, sell them rather than further hinder their careers by thinking they're tradesmen than need to do an apprenticeship before they get set on the actual job we want them to do.

It was said by a number of people on here at the time that United would not let Ndiaye play for the first team until he signed a new contract. I was told by someone ITK that this was correct.

United also put other conditions on Ndiaye being able to play as well as the contract. I was told that he managed to resist these, although other academy players have fallen into line.
At the time this was very widely known everyone just seems to forget. Wilder was close to getting him to sign a new deal.

Same with Andre Brooks although he did play then contract announced very shortly after. So one would assume it was already sorted.

Same happened with Arblaster in the last few weeks.

Same will happen with Jebbo.

It seems to be Wilder’s way, it protects the club for sure. In the position we are in now we need to protect everything we can as Hecky with no planning has sent us down a river without a paddle.

Back
Top Bottom