Player Suggestion Jayden Philogene-Bidace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rebster72

Reaction score
Tall, strong and the right age. Played well against us for Cardiff. He played out wide for them but can plays as an attacking midfielder as well. I really liked the look of him but not sure if Villa would be open to offers.

Tall, strong and the right age. Played well against us for Cardiff. He played out wide for them but can plays as an attacking midfielder as well. I really liked the look of him but not sure if Villa would be open to offers.
He’s apparently available this summer and has been linked with clubs in Belgium for as little as 2 million and there’s now apparently interest from Stoke. Seems like a no brainer at that sort of price.

Nah I'm not paying for that name on a shirt 😉

He's a winger and 5,9 so not so sure he's that tall Rebster72 but he looks a good player. Maybe good as a back up for Ndiaye but he didn't score many for Cardiff, but he did play as a winger for them as you say. Would prefer Archer but much less likely on Archer.

Our record of signing wingers in a 3-5-2 recently would lead me to think that this would be a bad idea

It would be a good idea to pre-emptively replace Ndiaye with more 'championship' versions of him

The likes of Philogene and Ilias Chair being examples

He's a winger and 5,9 so not so sure he's that tall Rebster72 but he looks a good player. Maybe good as a back up for Ndiaye but he didn't score many for Cardiff, but he did play as a winger for them as you say. Would prefer Archer but much less likely on Archer.
On Fotmob they have him at 6.3. 5.9 sounds more likely👍

It would be a good idea to pre-emptively replace Ndiaye with more 'championship' versions of him

The likes of Philogene and Ilias Chair being examples
Chair is more of a number 10 from what I've seen, Philogene looked to be a winger in a 4-4-2.

As long as they can play in that area behind the striker. In a 3-4-2-1 I'd say 9 out of 10 wingers/attacking mids could cope

Its probably a case of sign the best quality you can and adapt around it

I think Chair may be the most obvious Ndiaye replacement for the championship. Similar skill and creativity

Such signings are some way down the priority list though currently. Need to build CM first

I actually thought he was shit and would do OK for a Luton type team as his physicality and athleticism far outweigh his ability

Think that might be out of date a bit Booker he was fucking massive when he played against us easily over 6’2 and Cardiff seemed to play him in the middle caused us problems with his direct running very reminiscent of Sander when he’s marauding only he’d get 25 yards out and hit it

Think that might be out of date a bit Booker he was fucking massive when he played against us easily over 6’2 and Cardiff seemed to play him in the middle caused us problems with his direct running very reminiscent of Sander when he’s marauding only he’d get 25 yards out and hit it
I missed the Cardiff game but I liked the look of him when he played for Villa in a cup match at the beginning of the 2021-22 season. I remember he was really direct and fast then.

Maybe this is the cycle, after Villa signed all our first choice transfer targets in the Prem, we get all their academy products that have been frozen out as a result....Archer, Davis, Philogene-Bidace...even Chukwuemeka :)

Maybe this is the cycle, after Villa signed all our first choice transfer targets in the Prem, we get all their academy products that have been frozen out as a result....Archer, Davis, Philogene-Bidace...even Chukwuemeka :)
Villa must have a top academy with all these teenagers coming through.
They seem to be awash in the championship.

Villa must have a top academy with all these teenagers coming through.
They seem to be awash in the championship.
They do they’ve spent a lot of money on it not only on the facilities and coaching etc but they also spend a decent amount actively poaching youngsters from elsewhere.

This guy cost similar to Bernie Traore, quality player can’t believe we weren’t in for him in the summer, serious questions need to be asked about our recruitment
the worrying thing is that you really don’t need much footballing knowledge to see that he’s a better player. A quick glance at the youtube reels and with context of the leagues they played in is enough.

Our recruitment team is absolutely woeful!

the worrying thing is that you really don’t need much footballing knowledge to see that he’s a better player. A quick glance at the youtube reels and with context of the leagues they played in is enough.

JPB and Jobe Bellingham. 2 young lads we could have brought in for around 5m total.

Disgusting at the time that we weren't involved.... even more disgusting looking back 4 months on.

EDIT: Hardly a surprise, they're both physical athletes, we seem to avoid these types.

We should have signed at least one permanent number 10 type and he was always a prime candidate, so naturally we were nowhere to be seen

Chiedozie Ogbene Is another - went on a free to Luton from Rotherham.

Full of pace and doing well at Luton.

Seemed like an obvious signing to me (as a squad player if nothing else), but we wouldn’t want too much pace and physicality on the side would we? 🙄

For some reason we became obsessed with foreign signings, always very risky

Back
Top Bottom