Player Suggestion Jayden Philogene-Bidace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

For some reason we became obsessed with foreign signings, always very risky
Lots of very good overseas players to be had. The prem is the best case study for that. We are just shit at unearthing them.

No excuse for signing someone like Slimane though. The Brondby fans said he struggled to cope athletically in the Danish league.
Likewise Traore. We could all see instantly that he was miles off PL level when he was doing a few kick ups in his signing on video.

The above cost £7/8m of a very limited budget. Pissed it away.

It's almost like we had little money and were buying from the market that has offered better value for decades
That well known hotbed of talent ready for England, Africans in Scandinavia

UW trying to show how clever they are again. Also, Bellingham and JPB cost the same as Traore and Slimane. So there's no real "value" conversation to be had

That well known hotbed of talent ready for England, Africans in Scandinavia

UW trying to show how clever they are again. Also, Bellingham and JPB cost the same as Traore and Slimane. So there's no real "value" conversation to be had

I have no idea where to start with how off target this post is

I have no idea where to start with how off target this post is
Have a go. Because you said we went overseas for "value" when the players being discussed cost the same amount

Have a go. Because you said we went overseas for "value" when the players being discussed cost the same amount

I'm talking in a general sense, not in a "cherry pick a sample size of three and completely exaggerate the expectation of two of those three to suit my argument in an extreme results oriented style" sense. Your saying that Traore and Slimane have flopped (against what expectation?) while JPB is probably running hotter than the sun is just as ridiculous as me saying the lottery is a good investment as I won a tenner earlier

I'm talking in a general sense, not in a "cherry pick a sample size of three and completely exaggerate the expectation of two of those three to suit my argument in an extreme results oriented style" sense. Your saying that Traore and Slimane have flopped (against what expectation?) while JPB is probably running hotter than the sun is just as ridiculous as me saying the lottery is a good investment as I won a tenner earlier
You're saying that full seasons of Championship football are worthless as indicators of future success or potential then?

Also, are you saying "buy foreign because it's worked for other teams" is a workable plan? Because, again, "inexperienced Africans in 2nd tier leagues" is not a fruitful market

You're saying that full seasons of Championship football are worthless as indicators of future success or potential then?

Also, are you saying "buy foreign because it's worked for other teams" is a workable plan? Because, again, "inexperienced Africans in 2nd tier leagues" is not a fruitful market

I'm saying the term "English premium" is not a myth. Rice never goes for anywhere near nine figures if he was playing for Roma and not another London club. This is true at all levels of the transfer market and you having a stuffy over this player, a hatred for Traore or an unrealistic expectation of how quickly Traore would adapt to English football doesn't change that

I'm saying the term "English premium" is not a myth. Rice never goes for anywhere near nine figures if he was playing for Roma and not another London club. This is true at all levels of the transfer market and you having a stuffy over this player, a hatred for Traore or an unrealistic expectation of how quickly Traore would adapt to English football doesn't change that
I hate Traore? Where'd you get that from?

I hate Traore? Where'd you get that from?

Well I can only assume you using him as a example to debunk my suggestion that domestic transfers are overpriced compared to JPB is for one of those three reasons. I guess it was one of the other two shrugemoji

Well I can only assume you using him as a example to debunk my suggestion that domestic transfers are overpriced compared to JPB is for one of those three reasons. I guess it was one of the other two shrugemoji
You're using generalisations to excuse United signing players who look massively out of their depth over ones who were available for the same price. I'm not sure why you think I 'hate' Traore, I've never met him. But your reasoning makes no sense on either point

You're using generalisations to excuse United signing players who look massively out of their depth over ones who were available for the same price. I'm not sure why you think I 'hate' Traore, I've never met him. But your reasoning makes no sense on either point

And when JPB plays for someone who is actually playing in the PL, as opposed for Hull, we can compare like for like as to whether someone would be out of their depth. United have never signed forwards who have performed in the Championship and then completely shit the bed at a higher level so I'm sure you will be proved correct in due course

And when JPB plays for someone who is actually playing in the PL, as opposed for Hull, we can compare like for like as to whether someone would be out of their depth. United have never signed forwards who have performed in the Championship and then completely shit the bed at a higher level so I'm sure you will be proved correct in due course
Which forwards are we talking about. He played CM for Cardiff and as an AM this season. Lad literally played for Villa in the PL this season and they stuck a hefty sell on in the deal.

At least look into the comparison properly before you try and get snarky

Which forwards are we talking about. He played CM for Cardiff and as an AM this season. Lad literally played for Villa in the PL this season and they stuck a hefty sell on in the deal.

At least look into the comparison properly before you try and get snarky

He played 3 minutes for Villa this season.

What was the sell on?

I tried to but couldn’t find anything on it. Wouldn’t it not just be easier for you to tell me?
Yep. But I find you intensely irritating when you start demanding stuff so I'm cool with you doing it, or not 😂🤷‍♂️

Yep. But I find you intensely irritating when you start demanding stuff so I'm cool with you doing it, or not 😂🤷‍♂️

What?

I’m not demanding anything. I was trying to find out what the sell on was, after you’d mentioned it, but couldn’t do so, which is why I asked.

What?

I’m not demanding anything. I was trying to find out what the sell on was, after you’d mentioned it, but couldn’t do so, which is why I asked.
Fair point. Apologies

Just back from Injury and scored a bit of a worldy yesterday.

This is the type of player we should be looking at. Technical, creative, bags of ability, huge resale value, Ndiaye replacement. We have missed our chance with him though but why haven’t we been looking for this type of player considering we lost Ndiaye? Absolutely baffling.

Joe iroegbunam is another one to keep tabs on, mentioned on here already by others but another villa player that has good ability.

Just back from Injury and scored a bit of a worldy yesterday.

This is the type of player we should be looking at. Technical, creative, bags of ability, huge resale value, Ndiaye replacement. We have missed our chance with him though but why haven’t we been looking for this type of player considering we lost Ndiaye? Absolutely baffling.

Joe iroegbunam is another one to keep tabs on, mentioned on here already by others but another villa player that has good ability.
You gonna do this every time someone scores a good goal in the division below?
My take from that is thank fuck we didn't sign Johanson

All those clips of the goal last night are using clever editing to disguise the fact that it was an Own Goal by the Rotherham lad.

This. It was a cross and then took a beefy deflection and looped into the net.

Nice skills though and thought he stood out when we played Cardiff last season.

Why is everyone creaming themselves over this goal? It wasn't going in until the Rotherham defender got his head to it. As for slating Johansson...he has no chance. He came out for the cross and would have got it until the deflection. Nothing he could have done about it.

That said I still wouldn't mind seeing him in a blades shirt.

It’s a n own goal but doesn’t take away from the fact he’s a cracking player- we should’ve been all over this in summer.

Why is everyone creaming themselves over this goal? It wasn't going in until the Rotherham defender got his head to it. As for slating Johansson...he has no chance. He came out for the cross and would have got it until the deflection. Nothing he could have done about it.

That said I still wouldn't mind seeing him in a blades shirt.
He looked about 12

Having (re?) read this thread (& many others) I find it intriguing that there is an assumption that that we weren’t ‘interested’ in Philogene (Bellingham, Ogbene & even Johansson)
Perhaps, they didn’t want to come, wanted too much brass, weren’t deemed of the ‘right’ attitude/ character, injury record/ medical history/fitness, ‘fit’ with the ‘style’ of play / role/ position ?
There must be a myriad of reasons why transfers don’t proceed (succeed) , or even begin, that fans never get to hear about.
Guess that undermines agendas that fling pelters at all the (‘failed’) signings we made & “should have been all over him” signings we didn’t.
Note subscribers to everybody’s favourite 2nd team Luton (Barkley; Townsend, Ogbene; Giles; Andersen et al) love in agenda have been a tad more circumspect this week ?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom