Chelsea LWBs - Maatsen/Hall

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bongleblade

Reaction score
Just been reading that championship TOTS LWB Maatsen bagged 2x goals for Chelsea yesterday, but seemingly they’re very well endowed in that position with Chilwell, Cucurella, Hall and Maatsen as LWB - wondering if we should look towards one of Hall/Maatsen as a loan to strengthen our left side?

Hall also plays Central Midfielder which could be particularly handy

We just signed a LWB. We already have Lowe, RND and Osborn. I think we should prioritise other positions.
RND i’d say is better at LCB and seems like he’s out injured long-term anyway

Lowe + Osborn i’m afraid won’t cut it in PL- not bad for championship but the left side is scary atm and a glaring weakness alongside midfield. Larouci hopefully helps but he’s a complete unknown/future prospect.

A clever loan signing like Hall fills both LWB and CM

Just been reading that championship TOTS LWB Maatsen bagged 2x goals for Chelsea yesterday, but seemingly they’re very well endowed in that position with Chilwell, Cucurella, Hall and Maatsen as LWB - wondering if we should look towards one of Hall/Maatsen as a loan to strengthen our left side?

Hall also plays Central Midfielder which could be particularly handy
Just to confirm are you saying that Chilwell is very well endowed ,in that er area

No wonder Chelsea don’t care about FFP when they can sell youngsters for £31m after hardly kicking a ball for them!

Burnley’s Budget for just 1 player was 3 times what ours was in total before the sales.

Just Shows what we are up against, as he will be on proper PL wages too.

Defensively Burnley looked extremely weak against Villa, especially in their full back positions. Signing Maatsen who is more an attacking player won’t solve that. Despite their spending like there is no tomorrow they look unbalanced and struggle in both boxes.

Defensively Burnley looked extremely weak against Villa, especially in their full back positions. Signing Maatsen who is more an attacking player won’t solve that. Despite their spending like there is no tomorrow they look unbalanced and struggle in both boxes.
Also, Maatson is what is technically what we call a shortarse.

I mentioned before we played them that targeting their left side aerially was a definite weakness.

Not long after we thumped them 5-2. I look forward to more of the same. That spending of theirs is just ludicrous.

Chelsea are rumoured to want £50 million for Gallagher and Chalobah. Each.

Because nobody is ever allowed to sell players when they get relegated, right?

They are.

But teams usually struggle to offload players, unless they have a really good season and for relegated clubs, having a good season is quite hard.

Riccardo Scimeca always seemed to be one of those players who kept getting relegated and bought by a newly promoted team. Whenever I saw him he was bobbar!

Back
Top Bottom