January Transfer Window

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Looks like your info is wrong Wilder made a comment that Jebbo close to a return to the squad.
This is not like the Ndiah situation way back 3 years ago.
Ndiah was an unknown where as Jebbo seems to have suitors.
Freezing him out would just drive him out,naybe Wilder can help to tye him down.
Its a strange one with Jebbo, size wise he his decent, but not always necessary unless you are playing hoofball and using strikers as defenders. Age 20 he could go one of 2 ways very quickly. If we sold him to Everton (as the rumours were), he would likely be out on loan now as I personally wouldn't say he has shown enough yet to be a week in, week out PL striker. He did well in League 1 which is where the problem comes. Say we give him a 3 year deal and we did get relegated would we want to be relying/taking the gamble on him as a upper end Championship striker, could we comfortably say he has done enough so far to justify that. He and we have to be realistic, he needs game time for a starters. If there is any contract negotiations it is on similar terms that happened with Louie Marsh that we are signing you for x years however the rest of the season and maybe next depending on circumstances you will be out on loan.

There is potential for a decent player in him, with the big if that he stays fit and well at the moment his level isn't there because of fitness concerns. He also hasn't been helped by Ryan One and Will Osula developing and Brooks now looking at taking a first team shirt. Is he competing with the ever unreliable/unavailable McBurnie for a team place/contract, time will tell I guess.

The Prince has proven to be a gambler in the past. He's cleared the debt and has 18 players out of contract, some on big wages, that he can release in the summer and clear a massive chunk off the wage bill. If we stay up that's a minimum of another 150m quid. Does he spend 15-30m to try and secure that but not leave us in a perilous position if we go down? I think he might with Wilder here and performances picking up.

Whichever division we are in next season we have the nucleus of a young squad and some experience in Anel, Trusty, Bogle, Souza, Brooks, Arblaster, Hamer, Slimane, Archer, Seriki, Jebbo ( possibly) If you then add MvBurnie, Robinson, RND (hopefully) plus players I would personally get rid of but may be needed Egan, Osbourn and Lowe.

Three or four new players added to those above might help us stay up but if not would add to the core of the team tjst aims to come back up
Add Will Osula Plus Ryan One, , Louie Marsh and Harry Boyes who are all developing nicely

It would be great if Chris could get rid of

Laroucci
Fleck
Norwood
Mcburnie
Thomas
Traore

And bring in:

A quality LB
An athletic CM
A CF of a good standard

And pack the bench with youngsters - blood them.

Traore was a waste of £5 million

Fleck was a waste of salary budget

Thomas and Laroucci were a waste of two loan spots

And Mcburnie just isn’t up to it for me.

Think CW may have to cancel some loans in order to bring some faces in , Larouci & Thomas spring to mind . He’s got Trusty & Lowe to cover the left side
Fleck & Coulibaly would prob be getting released at end of the season so may take up options if word out , Norwood I would fave thought would be on some clubs radar & not sure if Jebbo’s situation?
Traore’s nowhere near this level but I can’t see us recouping owt on him
Probably need 1/2 in in midfield ( cover ) , 1 centre back , some physical presence up top .. maybe the likes Keenan Davis who’s now at Udinese , Keifer Moore . With injuries like they have been with us we’re certainly gonna need to bring some in all over , but it maybe we’re have to blood a few for of the young uns in … please no more midgets ⚔️

Heard this too

I heard he’s not injured or ill but frozen out due to these contract issues. I don’t know if it’s true or would even make sense to do that from the clubs point of view but that’s what I’ve heard.
Get him sold in January then, player like him having done basically nothing shouldn't be messing the club around like he has

Would imagine it will be wheeling and dealing with championship in mind, can't see us spending big on loans.

Laroucci needs to go back, Traore just needs to go, Fleck is done, Norwood should be, and we really need to strengthen in all departments.
In fairness. I'd get Traore out on loan somewhere just to get some experience in English football, he's only 20 remember. I'd keep Norwood until at least the summer as well. Agree on Fleck and Larouci and would send Thomas back as well.

Heard this too

I heard he’s not injured or ill but frozen out due to these contract issues. I don’t know if it’s true or would even make sense to do that from the clubs point of view but that’s what I’ve heard.

There's one simple way to resolve that sort of thing from the club's point of view

Ending the Thomas loan seems like a no brainer. He was one of 3 LWBs on the bench the last two games and he wasn't even the first choice when Trusty was subbed off.
Trusty is a better defender, Lowe and Larouci are better attackers, Osborn brings more energy. They all bring more to the table than Thomas.

And then there's RND as well, who might return at some point.

.Traore was a waste of £5 million

Throwing a 20 yr old straight into a relegation fight, we didn’t do right by the lad imo -

Hojlund is same age, cost £65m and hasn’t scored yet, despite having Fernandes, Erickson, Casemiro etc playing with him

I’d get him out on loan to a championship team (in prep for next season tbh)

Get him bulked up a bit, he’s 5’8” and 11stone

Don’t think he write off material till this time next year

Throwing a 20 yr old straight into a relegation fight, we didn’t do right by the lad imo -

Hojlund is same age, cost £65m and hasn’t scored yet, despite having Fernandes, Erickson, Casemiro etc playing with him

Agreed, we would kick ourselves if we got rid of him without giving him time to adapt to the English game and then rips it up.

Wissa at Brentford gives me images of what Traore could become, he may end up reverting to a wide forward/winger rather than an out and out striker however.

Having said the above if we make any moves in Jan, it can't be for anymore potential young prospects.

Nor can it be for Wilders championship picks in the likes of Callum Robinson, Luke Freeman, Oli Burke etc etc.

It needs to be for players at premier league teams who either aren't getting as much game time as they would like or are in premier league youth teams close to breaking through to the senior squad.

No one with eyes is taking Traore at championship level mate

You seriously think Rotherham or Huddersfield wouldn’t take a punt loan a lad who scored 12 in 14 in an attempt to preserve their championship status?

I don’t think he’s prem level, but a low end championship team, with the opportunity to get in on loan a £5m EPL striker with a point to prove is worth a gamble imo

Odds are, there's no money available.

With few (or no) saleable assets we're looking at the loan market. The domestic loan market is shutdown to us whilever Luke Thomas is here stinking the place out, so we're left looking at foreign loans.
I don't think Wilder knows the foreign markets well and I don't trust that the club does either.
Can't see January bringing much.

Re: Jebbison. It wouldn't surprise me if he's being frozen out due to not signing a new deal. It's not like our owners don't have previous on it.
Ee threatened Berge with it this Summer and we know Ndiaye was frozen out for the same.
It's shit form from a shit owner.

Odds are, there's no money available.

With few (or no) saleable assets we're looking at the loan market. The domestic loan market is shutdown to us whilever Luke Thomas is here stinking the place out, so we're left looking at foreign loans.
I don't think Wilder knows the foreign markets well and I don't trust that the club does either.
Can't see January bringing much.

Re: Jebbison. It wouldn't surprise me if he's being frozen out due to not signing a new deal. It's not like our owners don't have previous on it.
Ee threatened Berge with it this Summer and we know Ndiaye was frozen out for the same.
It's shit form from a shit owner.
We can still loan another domestic players they just can’t be in the squad. A bit shit on Thomas but he’s hardly held up his end of the deal.

Yet he sits as one of the highest in our squads for progressive carries per 90 and xT (expected threat) despite his limited game time.

Yes he's raw and needs to bulk up but we would be fools to write him off so early

A loan could be just what he needs tbh.

In fairness. I'd get Traore out on loan somewhere just to get some experience in English football, he's only 20 remember. I'd keep Norwood until at least the summer as well. Agree on Fleck and Larouci and would send Thomas back as well.
I understand your view on Traore, but we already have, Osula, Jebbo(for now), Onè, Hackford, Brewster, Mcburnie, Archer...... fair enough, send him on loan, but I don't see where he fits into english football?
Hes way to small to be an effective striker in our formation or style of play, I just don't understand why we paid millions for him, when the money couldve been used effectively elsewhere??

Yet he sits as one of the highest in our squads for progressive carries per 90 and xT (expected threat) despite his limited game time.

Yes he's raw and needs to bulk up but we would be fools to write him off so early

A loan could be just what he needs tbh.
Agree a loan is what he needs. Unfortunately anyone with eyes will say he hasn’t show anything apart from progressive carries.

I understand we want our big investment in him to pay off but unfortunately someone like Osula has kicked him out of his place and Osula had a disappointing LG1 loan.

Unfortunately he’s league 2/1 level at the moment. But for his big wages I wouldn’t expect them to be able to afford him. Best bet will be to see if someone in Europe will gamble like we did.

Agreed, we would kick ourselves if we got rid of him without giving him time to adapt to the English game and then rips it up.

Wissa at Brentford gives me images of what Traore could become, he may end up reverting to a wide forward/winger rather than an out and out striker however.
Wissa the one from Brentford who looked well and truly built like a brick house?

He doesn’t have the frame for that.

Wissa the one from Brentford who looked well and truly built like a brick house?

He doesn’t have the frame for that.
Wissa 5'9
Traore 5'8

Wissa 11 stone
Traore 10 stone

🤷‍♂️

And it was a statement of what Benie could become with a bit of bulking up, a wide forward in the style of Wissa rather than an out and out striker.

And Traore wages will be far from huge. In fact he would have been on lower than championship wages at his previous club and just because he signed for us in the prem doesn't mean we would have massively overinflated it.

Wissa 5'9
Traore 5'8

Wissa 11 stone
Traore 10 stone

🤷‍♂️

And it was a statement of what Benie could become with a bit of bulking up, a wide forward in the style of Wissa rather than an out and out striker.

And Traore wages will be far from huge. In fact he would have been on lower than championship wages at his previous club and just because he signed for us in the prem doesn't mean we would have massively overinflated it.
I’m really impressed you got there weights! That is incredible. Amazing again how there is bang on one stone inbetween them. I would have guessed Trarore be nowhere near that when you look at small skinny boxers they can weight 8/9 stone.

But I’m not going to argue with facts that he’s 10 stone on the nose. As your a family member of his and Wissa or soemthing?

£5m player who’s joined the premier league when his negotiating point would have been high. Will be on some serious money. But you seem to have those facts so all I can do is concede to your points.

Back
Top Bottom