January Transfer Window

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

William Carey

Reaction score
In around 6 weeks the window re-opens. We need to assess the squad and look at which positions lack numbers. Now, do we bring in a centre half on a permanent? Loan? Do we need to sign another target man forward to hold the ball up? That's for Hecky to decide and if the Prince will be willing to give us more money to increase our chances of survival. I think if we beat Bournemouth and get something at Turf Moor in December then hopefully the Prince will think we have a real chance to stay up meaning he will throw some money at the club to bring in some players in January. Also you have to remember that if we go down then ultimately the value of the club decreases, which means the Prince will lose out on more money when he decides to sell the club. There are many factors that will determine what happens in January and I am interested in hearing what you think will happen/what we should do Blades fans? UTB ⚔️

Be a couple of loan players IMO a CB and a CF to cover McBurnie

hopefully the Prince will think we have a real chance to stay up meaning he will throw some money at the club
If he can't sell it as a Premiership club he'll probably have less chance of selling as a championship club.

If he can't sell it as a Premiership club he'll probably have less chance of selling as a championship club.
Exactly my point, he won't want the club to be relegated as he won't be able to sell the club so does this potentially mean he will be willing to throw some money at the club to bring in a quality player in January to help us survive? Let's see

I don't think anything will happen outside of a couple of loans shuffling round the younger players (Arblaster maybe moved somewhere else for example)

Maybe a few going out to build the kitty up, Jebbo, Lowe can go for me, if someone is prepared to take a chance on them

Maybe a few going out to build the kitty up, Jebbo, Lowe can go for me, if someone is prepared to take a chance on them

As if someone is going to take a chance on 1) A player who got injured kicking a sprinkler and is injury prone, 2) A player who has a 'mystery' injury and hasn't kicked a ball for 6 months.

Jebbo? He is one of our better youngsters and has good potential no?
True but unless he agrees a new contract he will leave at the end of the season for minimal compensation. If a decent offer comes in with future sell-on clauses, he will more than likely be off. Prince Abdullah made his position pretty clear on this in the summer.

True but unless he agrees a new contract he will leave at the end of the season for minimal compensation. If a decent offer comes in with future sell-on clauses, he will more than likely be off. Prince Abdullah made his position pretty clear on this in the summer.
So who will replace him? Ryan One? He is nowhere near showing the levels that Jebbo was showing. Maybe that 5M offer we got for Jebbo from Everton I think it was we should of accepted, who knows.

Any of the positions we failed to sign in the Summer.. (obviously not all)

GK
CB
LCM
ST

I'd also try offload a few players like Lowe, Coulibaly and Jebbison etc. (Players out of contract)

Jebbo and Osula need to go out on loan to the championship if fit. We should get a loan/Free Agent in as cover

Yeah I think we will need to, and should look at reducing our squad size, even if it means loaning people out and paying all their wages.

The likes of:

Fleck
Brewster
Jebbo
Lowe
Coulibaly

Can all go permanently for me. Loan out the likes of Seriki, Osula and One.

Use whatever savings we possibly make to get someone in.

I think we simply need more size in the team, an experienced big target man up front to pair with Archer and another experienced centre back.
Simply we are to lightweight and its laughable when we play it direct to our smaller players up front.

Like all sales it depends on the asking price.
How keen he is to sell will also be a determining factor.

I think we simply need more size in the team, an experienced big target man up front to pair with Archer and another experienced centre back.
Simply we are to lightweight and its laughable when we play it direct to our smaller players up front.

Absolutely, remember how many on here sneered when we were linked with Kieffer Moore

Hi Stegosaurus

Get rid of Fleck and Lowe to free up some wages and bring in 75p to the transfer kitty. Sign a GK to replace L1 Wes, a CB and a CF.

How's it got to a point where we are in the Premier league, net spend of 20m and potless? People would think we spent like forest and went down after 1 season not finished 9th in the first and got parachute payments and then go on to sell a youth player for tens of millions.

Wasn't expecting many moves in January, maybe a few loans

Back
Top Bottom