January Transfer Window

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I never expected us to spend money in January. We didn't in the summer so why would we now. In our last relegation season the purse was pulled shut and it made sense. I'm more concerned if any funds will be made available this summer for the Championship.

All I'd like to see in January is Thomas sent back to Leicester, players out of contract who have played no part in the last few seasons and clearly won't be next season, such as Coulibaly, have an early termination agreed and get them off the wage bill now. I also don't want to see any contracts offered to the old guard. Wes could arguably be given a deal as he's not exactly had any support this season and often kept the scores down. He's not a Premier League goalkeeper but he's decent enough in the Championship and I don't want to go back to 3 seasons back to back with a loan goalkeeper.

Thing what gets you is we could very easily finish 4th from bottom this season and still being in with a shout when January window opens up the owner should allow 4 or 5 new players to come in, given the state of our injury list and woeful squad we ended the summer with.

Championship-no money
Premier league- no money

Might aswel stay in the championship, chancing of winning a few games maybe 😄

Norwood & Adam Davies to Rovrum in exchange for Johanson
Baldock +fee to Norwich exchange for Rowe
Jebbison-sell to anyone, likewise Fleck, Coulibaly, Lowe,
Larucci & Thomas returned,
Tom Davies on a fitness course
Arblaster back
for a start

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see if signings continue to come from overseas or if we look at Championship players again.

I can’t there being many notable incomings as Abdullah won’t be funding the types of players we’d all like to see. As long we don’t sign any more in the mould of Traore/Larouci/Thomas then it will be an improvement on the summer.

Tbf some of Wilders best signings (most probably) were made in the cheap. We need to build a squad in the summer anyway so I don't see the harm in signing a few cheaper players this window.

If, somehow, we're within 3 or 4 points of safety come January then maybe, perhaps some funds will be made available. If we're 7 or 8 points off then forget it. Maybe a loan if we're lucky.

We are so light as a squad I can't see anyone leaving unless its guaranteed we get a replacement and I can't see any funds being made available or us selling any players with a decent sale value.

Jebbo maybe but if he is fit and if he is fit, he would be worth having around as he still has potential.

Getting contracts tied down and hope that we can get players back fit is all I ask in January.

Laroucci needs to go back, Traore just needs to go, Fleck is done, Norwood should be, and we really need to strengthen in all departments.

Bit harsh on Traore. I don’t think we’ve seen enough of him but he’s not going to shine at this level.

I’d be keen to develop him in the U23’s and see what he’s all about.

Larouci and Thomas can go back for me.

This talk of sending the loans back needs to be cooled, unless there was prior agreement we could terminate in January it is going to come at a cost to the club (see Reda Khadra). The focus should be on reaching an agreement with Leicester on Luke Thomas as this frees up a vital domestic loan which we could then utilise elsewhere.

Incomings will be international loans, but personally can't see any incomings unless there are outgoings.

I would actually not sign a left back in January, keep Trusty at left back and sign centre-back cover for Robbo and Anel. The only real centre back cover is Baldock. If Trusty gets injured, move Jack to left back and bring in the centre back cover that we need to sign.

Trusty is excelling at left back, keep him there.

Thomas back, Larouci back

Two relatively cheap permanent domestic signings for next season
One domestic loan
One foreign loan

Maybe recall Boyes, depending on who we bring in

Davies -GK- Sell/Free/Loan
Fleck- Loan/Free
Larouchi- Loan/return (Return preferably)
Jebbo- Loan (last chance to earn a career here)
Thomas- Return if we can
Traore- Loan (L1…if he can’t do owt there he’s never gonna be worth keeping)

If we can’t get rid of Thomas then we need to move either Lowe or RND out. Having the number of left backs we have now is a luxury we cannot afford. So maybe RND needs to have a loan to see if he can cut it again ready for us next season.

Ins-
GK
CB
MF
ST

One for each position ideally, with the onus on the outfield players being athletes as well as having some presence with a height of at least 6ft.
Keeper has to be good with his feet, big, and commanding.

Issue of course is where does the money come from. Owner won’t put any in or sanction any future budget. So unless we sell a player with some value that might attract a buyer then it’s loans and frees. We don’t have anyone that would really get us some serious money (like Wilder selling one player to fund the arrival of several) and maybe only Anel could generate us circa £10m plus. Souza…maybe another but not sure another prem club would jump in to that.

Wilder will need to play a blinder to make any difference if that’s the pond we are fishing in.

Give back - Thomas, Larouchi
Loan/free Fleck
Jebbo - sell

Need new GK
Another CB 6ft plus
Agreed as above Trusty has been excellent on the left
Attacker 6ft plus with pace

As per princes interview pre season, loan with high wages (experience in the Prem).
I can't believe Hecky wasted his domestic loan on... Thomas??

As Wilders looking at 4 at the back, do we now need wingers too, seeming as Archer has shown how beneficial a winger can be.

A long shot but akpom isn't pulling up any trees, a cheeky 6 month loan?? 🤔
Decent shout, but he's got 5 goals in 11 in a dreadful Ajax, I imagine the club will want to give him more of a chance unless we offer something substantial.

Wilder talks about the January transfer window here:

He's got a meeting on Wednesday with the Prince to discuss January ins and outs and says there's players here we might have to move on. Some players might have to go if we want to bring new players in (nothing we didn't know already to be fair)

Can't see Mr Wilder coming back without having full control on who stays and a few bob to spend. He's been around the Championship a bit and seen a few players up close along with his partner Alan Knill. I think we are going to see one or two at least ins and out in the dressing room in January.....👍👍👍

Any activity in January needs to also be mindful about our contract situation in the summer.

I’m sure Wilder will be keen to ensure those who we want to stay, get new deals.

Back
Top Bottom