January Transfer Window

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The poster said he’s heard he’s not got an illness and he’s frozen out of the squad due to the contract.

Both aren’t true as he has had an illness.

From what I understand is that prior to getting ill he had told the club he wasn't going to sign a new contract and we were actually in the process of tendering interest for him.

However he got unwell during the window which meant we were unable to complete a sale.

I understand your view on Traore, but we already have, Osula, Jebbo(for now), Onè, Hackford, Brewster, Mcburnie, Archer...... fair enough, send him on loan, but I don't see where he fits into english football?
Hes way to small to be an effective striker in our formation or style of play, I just don't understand why we paid millions for him, when the money couldve been used effectively elsewhere??
Traore is different to the others. Very skilful and nippy. Let's see if the chance arises to put him in a functional team.

I understand your view on Traore, but we already have, Osula, Jebbo(for now), Onè, Hackford, Brewster, Mcburnie, Archer...... fair enough, send him on loan, but I don't see where he fits into english football?
Hes way to small to be an effective striker in our formation or style of play, I just don't understand why we paid millions for him, when the money couldve been used effectively elsewhere??
Thats Louie Marsh out too then

£5m player who’s joined the premier league when his negotiating point would have been high. Will be on some serious money

Your "serious money" is likely bottom 3% PL wage in reality. We're not paying anybody serious money in the grand scheme of things. The only player we could have been paying serious money to this season was Ndiaye, and obviously we aren't

It would be great if Chris could get rid of

Laroucci
Fleck
Norwood
Mcburnie
Thomas
Traore

And bring in:

A quality LB
An athletic CM
A CF of a good standard

And pack the bench with youngsters - blood them.

Traore was a waste of £5 million

Fleck was a waste of salary budget

Thomas and Laroucci were a waste of two loan spots

And Mcburnie just isn’t up to it for me.
Can't disagree with any of that mate ,but maybe traore hasn't had a chance under CW yet

They'll be a bit of wheeling and dealing I reckon in Jan. Especially if we get a few more points before the end of Jan in an attempt to stay up.

Not expecting alot or lots of money spent. I don't see us going and plucking a top performing championship player as this costs too much money (Unless their contract is up in 6 months maybe).
So at a guess, out of favour players on loan/perm from clubs in Prem. Or international loans/transfers. Won't be that Alex Collado fella he's now on loan in Saudi haha!

Jermaine Defoe did oreyt🤔
Rather develop Traore than wait for Brewster to at least get fit,never mind find the onion bag.👍

Yet he sits as one of the highest in our squads for progressive carries per 90 and xT (expected threat) despite his limited game time.

Yes he's raw and needs to bulk up but we would be fools to write him off so early

A loan could be just what he needs tbh.
I’m calling it. I think there’s a player in Traore. He needs more timber but his technique is sound, has pace and gets himself into decent positions. I think he’s starting games soon.

I’m calling it. I think there’s a player in Traore. He needs more timber but his technique is sound, has pace and gets himself into decent positions. I think he’s starting games soon.
Wasn't that long ago we'd written Slimane off as well. Both him and Traore seem to have been brought in as 'ones for the future' to be gradually blooded into the team. Plenty of time for Traore to show us what he's made of ready for next season wherever we are

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but here's Jimmy Ramble's wishlist for January...

Out:
Fleck (sold)
Larouci (loan terminated)
Thomas (loan terminated)
Basham (deregistered)
Amissah (loaned)

In:
Cooper/Johansson (buy)
Worrall (buy)
O'Hare (buy)
Akpom (loan)
Diallo (loan)

Wouldn't mind any of that, altho I'm not overly keen on Worrall (not that Forest would sell to us anyway), so I'd swap Worrall for someone else (maybe Eiran Cashin but then he'd be more one for the future I think rather than someone that could step straight into the first team if needed)

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but here's Jimmy Ramble's wishlist for January...

Out:
Fleck (sold)
Thomas (loan terminated)
Basham (deregistered)
Amissah (loaned)

In:
Cooper/Johansson (buy)
Worrall (buy)
O'Hare (buy)
Akpom (loan)
Diallo (loan)

Wouldn't mind any of that, altho I'm not overly keen on Worrall (not that Forest would sell to us anyway), so I'd swap Worrall for someone else (maybe Eiran Cashin but then he'd be more one for the future I think rather than someone that could step straight into the first team if needed)

Two expensive loans and 3 signings that will cost us around £20-30m with no money coming in. I don't see how The Prince suddenly finds anything like the cash for any of these to happen. Hope to be proven wrong but I imagine it will may be a few foreign loans and a couple of cheap permanents coming to no more than £2-3m

Out:
Fleck (sold)
Thomas (loan terminated)
Basham (deregistered)
Amissah (loaned)

In:
Cooper/Johansson (buy)
Worrall (buy)
O'Hare (buy)
Akpom (loan)
Diallo (loan)

worrals shite

No one's paying a fee for Fleck in January, we'd be lucky to loan him out and a team pay his full wages until the end of the season.

I would spend on one quality striker.
Kasper Dolberg. Danish International playing with Anderlecht. Has played for Ajax. Age is about 25 and has a decent record. He also has a bit of size. It would allow Archer to play with a decent centre forward who could make space for him. Archer is a real finisher with the right balance in the team. Souza Hamer in Midfield McAtee in the Duffy Role. I could see that set up win enough matches to stay up.

Two expensive loans and 3 signings that will cost us around £20-30m with no money coming in. I don't see how The Prince suddenly finds anything like the cash for any of these to happen. Hope to be proven wrong but I imagine it will may be a few foreign loans and a couple of cheap permanents coming to no more than £2-3m
I think O'Hare is unrealistic and Worrall undesirable, but from what I remember of reading Darren off Twitter's posts over the summer, we didn't think £12 million for Akpom was worth it, which suggested to me we have at least that amount to spend if we want. I've no idea about any of the two goalkeepers to be honest (tho they seem a popular recommendation on here), but Jimmy reckons they could go for maybe £5 million a piece. Not sure Derby are in a position to demand a huge fee for Cashin, so if you forget Worrall and O'Hare, bringing in Akpom and Diallo on loan, and buying Cashin and a goalkeeper, might not be too much of a stretch for our finances?

Edit: I'm not actually convinced we need to sign a new keeper, not in January any way

I think O'Hare is unrealistic and Worrall undesirable, but from what I remember of reading Darren off Twitter's posts over the summer, we didn't think £12 million for Akpom was worth it, which suggested to me we have at least that amount to spend if we want. I've no idea about any of the two goalkeepers to be honest (tho they seem a popular recommendation on here), but Jimmy reckons they could go for maybe £5 million a piece. Not sure Derby are in a position to demand a huge fee for Cashin, so if you forget Worrall and O'Hare, bringing in Akpom and Diallo on loan, and buying Cashin and a goalkeeper, might not be too much of a stretch for our finances?

I'm not sure either side sell their first choice goalies in half way through the season. I think the Rotherham lad is the more likely but more likely the summer once they go down.

I presume the Akpom money went elsewhere (possibly Archer) as I think we'd have we would have spent it. Cashin is definitely a possibility and I wouldn't be surprised to see one of those two as loans. I just think Worrall, O Hare and a keeper in January is unrealistic. Not many clubs sell assets in January as most clubs seasons are still alive.

I presume the Akpom money went elsewhere (possibly Archer)

The money spent one Archer is on paper only in reality.

Besides a nominal initial payment. The majority outstanding would be structured to be paid after end of season over several years and only if we miraculously stay up.

The money spent one Archer is on paper only in reality.

Besides a nominal initial payment. The majority outstanding would be structured to be paid after end of season over several years and only if we miraculously stay up.

I still wouldn't imagine we have £12m to play with

Seems likely under the circumstances. Hamer needs to be supported in his CDM role, and maybe deploy Tralee in the Raheem Sterling job?

Pity we don’t use wingers, as it might lift Traore’s value?

I've seen Akpom's name mentioned a few times. I can't imagine he'll be available. He doesn't start every game for Ajax, but he has 5 goals in 11 games regardless. He seems to be one of their few bright spots this year.

Edit: I'm not actually convinced we need to sign a new keeper, not in January any way
I think a new keeper has to be on the wishlist. Wes is OK but needs competition, Davies as back up is nowhere near, I'd move him out in January.

Throwing a 20 yr old straight into a relegation fight, we didn’t do right by the lad imo -

Hojlund is same age, cost £65m and hasn’t scored yet, despite having Fernandes, Erickson, Casemiro etc playing with him

I’d get him out on loan to a championship team (in prep for next season tbh)

Get him bulked up a bit, he’s 5’8” and 11stone

Don’t think he write off material till this time next year
You’re probably right.

I was thinking we could hopefully get a few for him that could be reinvested in Jan if we are within touching distance of salvation.

i think one certainty in january is that we bring another striker in

What a poor window it was. Obviously no signings were going to keep us up but CW said we'd be better once it closes.

Grbic - Been injured and very unknown.
Curtis - One for the future.
Holgate - Suspended and poor anyway.
BBD - Injured for weeks already and barely kicked a ball all season.

Back
Top Bottom