Jagielka

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

brownie4583

1 Chrissy Wilder
Reaction score
I just noticed on sky bet we are 5/1 favourites to sign Jags :)
Stoke 6/1
Sunderland 11/1
WBA 13/1

As said on the other thread that people will kick off about you not posting on... ANY... DAY... OF... THE... WEEK.
X

Doesn't surprise me. I'm sure this is one of the "special" signings McCabe hinted at. The other is Kyle Walker of course.

I can see us going for Jags, but Walker is about as likely as Theresa May admitting she's a complete and utter twat.

Not gonna head to us for a pittance nor would Wilder want him I don't think. I can see him moving to the MLS. He's not going to China but the MLS is a good option for him

Not gonna head to us for a pittance nor would Wilder want him I don't think. I can see him moving to the MLS. He's not going to China but the MLS is a good option for him
I think it boils down to whether he's still chAsing the money.All though he has England caps he's only won one thing in his career ( promotion with us ) maybe he fancies a last chance to win a trophy promotion again with us but this time winning it not coming 2ND.
Footballs not just about money to get us out of championship would be a great finish to his career.
Maybe he feels he owes us something as his handball certainly cost us our place in the premiership,we shall see.

I can see us going for Jags, but Walker is about as likely as Theresa May admitting she's a complete and utter twat.

I know mate - just joking! If we were in the Prem Walker would be coming back, but not yet.

Surely she's done that several times already!!???
Not quite as many times as Corbyn though, obviously!

Unless he's feeling especially guilty about his decision making in that 38th game then no reason he couldn't do a job for a WBA, Stoke, West Ham or any other middling team.

He was a regular starter in the team finishing 7th in the PL after all.

Much as it would be a nice story for him personally, Wilder's value for money approach doesn't lend itself to 15-20k per week 34+ year olds.

He's not the same type as Wright anyway. Individually better, but not sure he would do any better job than Wright in the role he performed.

Imagine Wilder will go for someone 23-28 in age range and with possible resale value.

It's getting annoying now.

1. He won't be coming to the Championship. He's plenty good enough for the PL.

2. We can't afford his wages.

3. Odds are determined by betting patterns. A few Blades have probably put some money down hence the the odds will have shortened as a result.

End.

Totally agree, can't argue of with any of that.

Let's assume our highest paid player is Sharp on £10K a week.

Even if Jags has a pay cut I'm sure he'd still expect at least £30K-£40K a week.
There would be some serious questions that need asking if we start to pay that much on a player whilst still in the Championship, it would be complete madness.

And again....not for me.

Not because I have a problem with him, nor that I think he's not good enough but because he doesn't fit the profile of player we are after and have been successful with.

The cost of signing him wouldn't be justified for me because the expected salary will be very high for the age he is. The only way I would accept him would be if he's on the same salary as everyone else.

But I reckon that will be unlikely given he has been used to a minimum of £2m a year for quite some time.

If the guy just wants to finish his career with us, and will take a massive (under 10k a week) pay cut, then I think every one of us would take him.

Chances are, there will be a few dozen clubs both in England and abroad that would take him and pay him a shit load more.

It makes no sense for him, or us. Unless his Bladeyness is through the roof.

Has he been linked?
Or are we just going by his age, his contract and the fact he's an ex blade?
Genuine question.

I havent seen any genuine link to him reported anywhere.

If anything, this would be a typical headline signing that the club of old would make, KM purring to the media and coming out of the woodwork. Exactly the reason we should be very wary.
We have been successful by adopting a new approach with a new manager and I would rather we followed that strategy.

Back
Top Bottom