Player Suggestion Václav Cerny

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nicolaus_Copernicus

Self imposed break
Reaction score
I watched the Twente v. Sparta Rotterdam play off game today and thought that Václav Cerny stood out for Twente, and probably was the best player on the pitch. He was playing on the right hand side of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1 (which I think might be a useful Plan B next season), but was left footed, nippy & technically strong. I could also imagine him as playing in the hole in a 5-3-1-1.

So i thought, hang on, he'd be bang on for us next season, and I Googles him. Turns out he's a 25 yr old Czech Republic international, who has scored 15 goals and provided 13 assists in 40 appearances this season. So, by this point, i'm thinking cock on, so I Google him a bit more and it sadly turns out he's going to Wolfsburg for a basic fee of between 6 and 7 million euros, with further add ons, which might have been affordable.

I watched the Twente v. Sparta Rotterdam play off game today and thought that Václav Cerny stood out for Twente, and probably was the best player on the pitch. He was playing on the right hand side of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1 (which I think might be a useful Plan B next season), but was left footed, nippy & technically strong. I could also imagine him as playing in the hole in a 5-3-1-1.

So i thought, hang on, he'd be bang on for us next season, and I Googles him. Turns out he's a 25 yr old Czech Republic international, who has scored 15 goals and provided 13 assists in 40 appearances this season. So, by this point, i'm thinking cock on, so I Google him a bit more and it sadly turns out he's going to Wolfsburg for a basic fee of between 6 and 7 million euros, with further add ons, which might have been affordable.
Get with the recruitment rumours, only over 30s on a free need apply !!

Exactly the type of player I'd like to see us buy. We can only assume our recruitment team are aware of these type of players. Right age, Czech international and less than 10m. I'd hope we can bring in a couple of players with this kind of profile i

You get around a bit. Fair play.

Since I've moved oversees and had a family I've become almost exclusively a Sheffield United watcher and nothing else really. I can't recall the last full Premier League game I watched.

The last couple of years I've only really bothered watching full games for United, and then the occasional Chateauroux and Beerschot games and they were both tenuously linked to United!

I suppose that makes me a Sheffield United fan rather than a football fan!

Back to your recommendation, you'd think that sort may interest us and you'd hope we have a few at similar levels to the investment on Anel.

We don't do things by halves though. I'd almost expect any fee to be the exception and loans and frees to be the majority of incomings.

Back
Top Bottom