Jack O’Connell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Half a season to a league one club correct. May look at loaning him out lower down the pyramid until the window opens for professional teams to do business amongst each other in January. But nothing concrete in that regard, just keep your eyes peeled ;)
Isn't he out of contract at the end of the season or have I got that wrong ?

What are the precedents for comebacks after an ACL injury? Can a player return to the same level?

The only players I can think of who suffered ACL injuries are Gazza and Michael Owen. I'd say neither returned to the same level after their injuries, but they're both a long time ago, and in Gazza's situation in particular was complicated by many other factors.

With medical advances I would have thought it is at least theoretically possible to return to the same level, but has anyone actually done this?

What are the precedents for comebacks after an ACL injury? Can a player return to the same level?

The only players I can think of who suffered ACL injuries are Gazza and Michael Owen. I'd say neither returned to the same level after their injuries, but they're both a long time ago, and in Gazza's situation in particular was complicated by many other factors.

With medical advances I would have thought it is at least theoretically possible to return to the same level, but has anyone actually done this?
Joc didn't have a acl .

If he gets back, hopefully it is all done hand in hand with United.

It would be a bit of a sickener to manage his recovery for 2+ seasons only for him to sign elsewhere afterwards.

Fingers crossed he makes a full recovery and remains with United.

It would make one helluva comeback story!

Duncan Watmore is the best example I can think of.

He suffered 2 ACL injuries at Sunderland, which were pretty much back to back.

Transfermarkt puts the two spells on the sidelines at around 25 months in total, or 90 games.

Screenshot_2022-10-25-17-10-27-77_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Transfermarkt puts the two spells on the sidelines at around 25 months in total, or 90 games.

View attachment 146433

The other I can think of is Luke Shaw who suffered a tibia and fibula fracture then came back got a groin injury and then a foot injury. He missed the best part of 2 seasons or so.

The other I can think of is Luke Shaw who suffered a tibia and fibula fracture then came back got a groin injury and then a foot injury. He missed the best part of 2 seasons or so.
Steve Kabba had some awful injuries, he was never the same.

View attachment 146433

Adam Forshaw at Leeds missed around 2 years with a couple of injuries but recovered to play Premier League football.

Didn't Zlatan do his ACL? Then again he is some sort of freak.

Did his cruciate at Man Utd then came back and did his knee in. Missed about 40 matches for Man Utd.

Although he had to get surgery on his knee at Milan back in May and won't be back til next year. I think Zlatan might be done this time considering he is 40 years old.

Why we talking about ACL when it was JOCs patella tendon?

Why we talking about ACL when it was JOCs patella tendon?
Also.. not much about it in football but some studies done about it in the USA

3.Conclusion: A patellar tendon rupture is a potentially devastating injury for the professional athlete. American football players appeared to have the worst postoperative outcome with the lowest RTP (Return To Play) rate

Not sure about his injury but his Turkish hair transplant leaves a lot to be desired.
FAB8AD78-19E6-453B-B52D-AED9872E4BCF.jpeg

Truth is we don’t know anything because we haven’t been told anything by the people who know, we would all love him to come back and a bit of news from the club would be great with the hope of some fantastic news.

They are very common injuries and most players
come back well these days.It was a career killer a generation ago ! Modern surgery ( repairs) makes it possible to do it .

Steve Kabba had some awful injuries, he was never the same.

Forgive me, but I believe he WAS the exception.

He came back stronger!
Remember 05/06?

He suffered an awful leg break against piggy reserves having just come back from a leg break. This was before 05/06 season.

steve stone at forest/england did his patella and had to retire

my knee was totally knackered snapping mine in the dads race on my kids sports day, not helped by Leicester Royal taking 2 months to diagnose the fact that id snapped it.

happy days

Back
Top Bottom