Outgoing? J.Wallace, Scougall & JCR?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mattbianco1

Forum Royalty
Reaction score
Source - some random instagram account..

Then on Scougalls Instagram, someone commented on one of his photos with the words "Play up Pompey"

Would expect Wallace & Scougall are on thin ice but JCR is a good backup surely?!

So if true then that's 3 middies out so wonder if anymore are coming in ?

Scougall is far too good for Portsmouth. I wouldn't be letting him go at all. Mind, having said that, I would have thought McNulty would have found a suitor higher up the ladder.

Well scougs girlfriend doesn't know about this, she has posted on Instagram that she can't wait to start her new job in Sheffield and her new life down here

Well scougs girlfriend doesn't know about this, she has posted on Instagram that she can't wait to start her new job in Sheffield and her new life down here

Good. Too much potential to give up on him. He was electric in that first half a season and will come good again.

I'd also be saddened to see J. Wallace let go after the time, effort and money we've spent on him. You just know that if he moves he'll become a stalwart and play every game a season for his new team.

And, despite our recent run with him in the team, I'd take JCR over Woolford every day of the week.

Scougall is far too good for Portsmouth. I wouldn't be letting him go at all. Mind, having said that, I would have thought McNulty would have found a suitor higher up the ladder.
I would say if we don't go up this season , Portsmouth will finish above us next.

It may be just a rumour, but all three are a bit different as player types than the current preferred players in their positions. As results have picked up of late Adkins may have decided to go with the current plan, and these three may not quite fit in.

In central midfield we've prioritised work rate and solidity at the expense of creativity. When I've seen Wallace I've thought he's potentially brilliant on the ball, and can also get stuck in, but he has weaknesses defensively, maybe related to his fitness issues.

Scougall is better in a three man central midfield, and also lacks the physicality that's important to the way we play at the moment.

Adkins has tried different types of wide men and he could be happy with Coutts and Woolford as they bring some solidity. We've been struggling defensively with too attacking players (JCR, Adams) out wide.

It wouldn't surprise me if these three were let go, with Adkins looking to find more similar types (maybe better) to the current first choices.

Scougall doesn't fit into how Adkins wants to play
JCR would be behind Coutts, Flynn and Cuvellier in my pecking order, no end product journeyman.
Wallace, feel sorry for this lad as he has all the tools apart from the body. Many would have given up by now and I am sure he an an insurance offer at some point.

We need to get players out of this club, and anybody who isn't in the 1st eleven is a sitting duck apart from probably Reed and Adams.

Ludicrously exaggerating the quality of mediocre opposition teams.

It's the Bladesfans' Way...
Surely people must have thought similarly about teams such as Burton, Gillingham and Walsall before this season? Especially as Burton were in League 2 this time last year, but look likely to finish above us this year? And could easily be playing an entire division above us this time next year?

Similarly, there's nothing to say that next season we might not bin off practically the entire squad and do a full rebuild in summer.

The original statement by mattbianco1 is just as likely as either of those posted above. The fact is we have until recently been playing poorly this season, and that 9 from 12 over Christmas is a decent return, but the manner in which we conceded the third goal to a promotion rival remains as worrying now as it was when we conceded 4 against a relegation candidate.

I think that I saw Scougs trying out a new job the other night. I'm sure I saw him in the latest Star Wars film as one of the troops from the Dark Side. Perhaps he's getting some practice in for a possible move to S6. Did anyone else notice him?
;)

I think that I saw Scougs trying out a new job the other night. I'm sure I saw him in the latest Star Wars film as one of the troops from the Dark Side. Perhaps he's getting some practice in for a possible move to S6. Did anyone else notice him?
;)

(all together now) Isn't he a little short to be a Stormtrooper?

He is not a Stormtrooper but has a speaking part. Has anyone else seen it?

Back
Top Bottom