Player Suggestion FL players who've impressed you this season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bergen Blade

Reaction score
Some of these are unlikely targets, but these are a few FL players who's impressed this season:

Defenders

Kai Naismith, Captain for Luton. Left footed and decent on the ball. Can also play in holding midfield.
Darragh Lenihan, Blackburn. Another leader.
Marvin Ekpiteta, Blackpool. Their Player of the year and has also captained them. Tall centre half who has adapted easily as he's moved up from the lower leagues.

Kane Wilson, 22 year old from Forest Green. Not bad winning L2's Player of the year from right back. Ex-youth international. 14 assists this season.

Midfielders

Josh Bowler, RM for Blackpool. Most successful dribbler this season in the Championship. An attacking threat and may fancy playing in a number 10 role.
Keane Lewis-Potter, LM Hull. PL bound probably.
John Swift, CM for Reading.
Joe Rothwell, CM for Blackburn. Out of contract? A competitive all rounder.
Lewis Baker, CM for Stoke. 8 goals in 21 games after finally leaving Chelsea. Noticed Stoke fans were very disappointed when he was unavailable against us.
Jed Wallace, AM for Millwall. Done well for years. Would he be a Duffy, or a Luke Freeman?
Reda Khadra, AM for Brighton (on loan at Blackburn this season). Impressed me when I saw him. Very quick. Not sure if he'll be sent out on loan again next season.

Cameron Brannagan, CM for Oxford. Has looked a good player for a while there and must be surely be heading for a bigger club this summer.
Scott Twine, CM for MK Dons. Goalscoring midfielder, POY in L1.

Forwards

Joel Piroe, Swansea. 22 goals in his first season in England. 22 years old.
Viktor Gyökeres, Coventry. Strong season, good age.
Lucas Joao, Reading. Has all the attributes, but is still inconsistent and generally injury prone.
Antoine Semenyo, Bristol City. Antother with a lot of strong attributes, but not yet a good finisher. 12 assists this season though and may his goal scoring break through happen next season?

Any more to add, apart from the most obvious (Mitrovic, etc)?

Scott Twine is touted at 3 Million. WBA and Boro are interested, think he could be someone to consider in either division, I'm sure we've had a look. If Leeds go down, and we go up, i'd be interested in looking at some of their U23's/First Teamers. Bate, Shackleton etc. but not sure if we should rely on youth as we did in Wilder's final season?

Forwards

Lucas Joao, Reading. Has all the attributes, but is still inconsistent and generally injury prone.
Antoine Semenyo, Bristol City. Antother with a lot of strong attributes, but not yet a good finisher. 12 assists this season though and may his goal scoring break through happen next season?

Really nice analysis here, thanks Bergen Blade

I've had my eye on Semenyo for a while and I'm very confident he'll play in the Premier League soon. It could be argued this season has been his breakout, his record is essentially the same as MGW.

Piroe - we can dream. Leicester sniffing.

Really like Siriki Dembele who's played against us for Peterborough and Bournemouth this season (I was hoping we'd sign him last summer). I would guess he'll be displaced by someone else at Bournemouth in the offseason seeing as they are now promoted, so might be worth us looking at.

Pretty weird signing for them really - he made 3 starts in February / March and then has been basically a bit-part substitute for them ever since. Suppose it's job done for Bournemouth at the end of the day.

I only saw him play once this season but thought Domingos Quina looked a very tidy midfielder for Barnsley (and also fits the bill of "player we chased for ages and finally signed"). Possible Fleck replacement / upgrade? Watford might want to hang onto him now they're relegated but not sure - if they weren't able to use him this season, is he going to be a part of their squad next year?

Scott Twine is touted at 3 Million. WBA and Boro are interested, think he could be someone to consider in either division, I'm sure we've had a look. If Leeds go down, and we go up, i'd be interested in looking at some of their U23's/First Teamers. Bate, Shackleton etc. but not sure if we should rely on youth as we did in Wilder's final season?
Might be a good Gibbs-White replacement.

Some of these are unlikely targets, but these are a few FL players who's impressed this season:

Defenders

Kai Naismith, Captain for Luton. Left footed and decent on the ball. Can also play in holding midfield.
Marvin Ekpiteta, Blackpool. Their Player of the year and has also captained them. Tall centre half who has adapted easily as he's moved up from the lower leagues.

Kane Wilson, 22 year old from Forest Green. Not bad winning L2's Player of the year from right back. Ex-youth international. 14 assists this season.

Midfielders

Josh Bowler, RM for Blackpool. Most successful dribbler this season in the Championship. An attacking threat and may fancy playing in a number 10 role.
Lewis Baker, CM for Stoke. 8 goals in 21 games after finally leaving Chelsea. Noticed Stoke fans were very disappointed when he was unavailable against us.
Jed Wallace, AM for Millwall. Done well for years. Would he be a Duffy, or a Luke Freeman?
Reda Khadra, AM for Brighton (on loan at Blackburn this season). Impressed me when I saw him. Very quick. Not sure if he'll be sent out on loan again next season.

Cameron Brannagan, CM for Oxford. Has looked a good player for a while there and must be surely be heading for a bigger club this summer.

Forwards

That's pretty much the same list of players that I've been impressed with having watched the Blades this season. My problem is that I don't tend to watch any other games so I don't know if they're 1 game wonders or not.

Rothwell was going to Bournemouth in Jan but Blackburn wouldn't sell to a rival so he might join them now instead.

If we stay in the Championship I think we'll be looking at top L1 players rather than any of the names above unfortunately.

If we go up we need to do the opposite of what we did last time and just sign 4 or 5 experienced PL players on short term (1 year with rolling extension) deals to complement the spine of the squad we have. If we are going to break the bank then MGW would be the one for me as we know he's decent at Championship level if we drop back down.

Callum Styles, Keinan Davis, Remi Khadra, Kai Naismith, Scott Bowler, Lucas Joao, Callum O'Hare, Viktor Gyokres, Ian Poveda, Domingos Quina, Ben Brereton

Plenty to go at if we get up...

Khadra is one we should go for

end product will only improve
Totally go with him,he’s electric. Kienon Davis looked a proper centre forward also. Commented on dembele earlier,he’s wasted at Bournemouth in the position he plays there,would be a great Duffy replacement

I'll get pelters, as I did in the Summer when I suggested it, but Barry Bannan is a very decent midfielder at this level and would cover a couple of positions in our system.

We're not going to be in the market for rivals players, League 1/2 is our hunting ground.

I'll get pelters, as I did in the Summer when I suggested it, but Barry Bannan is a very decent midfielder at this level and would cover a couple of positions in our system.

We're not going to be in the market for rivals players, League 1/2 is our hunting ground.
Do we really need another child sized, non-athlete?

Keane Lewis-Potter (good age), Viktor Gyokeres, Khadra, in fact everyone who looked good to me has already been said.

Andreas Weimann is too good for Bristol City, think he is out of contract this summer, 30 years old, so not exactly over the hill yet, knows where the net is.

Dolan I liked a lot at Blackburn good feet tricky quick and one of those hybrid attacking players. Not been consistent across the whole season but if he can develop that part of his game he’ll be a 20 million pound player I accept he’s likely out of our price range.

From the EFL games I watched on tv:

Spence and Johnson from Forest
Kaminsky from Blackburn, top goalkeeper
Lewis-Potter, destined for great things and Honeyman from Hull
Semenyo from Bristol
Adebayo from Luton
Powell from Stoke
Chair from qpr
Swift from reading

Lenihan and Cooper would be the dream, put them alongside Egan, JLT and Uremovic on a perm, and we have our back 3 for the next 5 years sorted

Not a hope of it happening but Chair in a free role behind behind the strikers.

Defenders

Midfielders

Forwards

Some great shouts here

Back
Top Bottom