Player Suggestion LCB

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sounds like this is the next signing through the door, likely to be a complete unknown, probably from Scandinavia or the like. Hope we can get them up to speed quickly because we need depth in defence before the league starts.

A decent LCB and then Doyle through the door and I'd be reasonably happy going into the season.
Yeah the key thing with getting a LCB is them learning how we play the role, Ahmedhodzic had preseason tour onwards last year, whoever comes in this season won’t have that same commodity. We’ll just have to hope that they learn the role quickly as surely we will be wanting them to be a starter over Robinson.

Wait how many are you wanting us to bring in bud??

Another striker almost certainly ain't happening (unless Ndiaye leaves)
5 signings isnt enough and the first 3 are all gambles ive thought all along we needed 7 in as for the extra striker im saying that because i just cant see our current crop of strikers getting us the goals to keep us in the premier league only my opinion and your probably right anyway doubt another striker will come in

5 signings isnt enough and the first 3 are all gambles ive thought all along we needed 7 in as for the extra striker im saying that because i just cant see our current crop of strikers getting us the goals to keep us in the premier league only my opinion and your probably right anyway doubt another striker will come in
I was hoping for/expecting 7 or 8 new players this summer.

I don't think chance conversation is really/will be our problem. Chance creation will.

Didn't Hecky say 5 or 6 before the window opened?

I don't think chance conversation is really/will be our problem. Chance creation will.
i think both will be a problem luke apart from illiman i dont see us having the strikers to get us the goals for premier league survival and unless we add 2 more midfielders i.e. doyle and obrien think your right were not going to have enough creativity in midfield either

My worry is someone will come for berge, wouldn't surprise me if it's Liverpool as they are short on midfielders then that makes us short again

Best loan option - Auston Trusty
Value - £10m (Transfermarkt)
Wage - £14k (Capology)
Contract expires - 2026
Age - 24
Height - 6ft 3in
Nationality - American
Languages spoke - English & Spanish
Formations most common in - 4231
Longest time out injured - None
Stats best in per 90 mins - Errors (0)
Characteristics - Likes to tackle, likes to dribble, safe passer, fairly quick, reads game well
Youtube compilation -
Opinion - In terms of statistics, Trusty isn’t the highest in many of these percentiles but he really is a solid well rounded option that we could do worse then. He just won supporters player of the year on loan at Birmingham and is currently with Arsenal on their pre-season tour in America where he has featured. The Gunners now have Gabriel, Kiwior and Trusty who are left footed centre backs, Saliba, Holding, Timber can all play there as well so wouldn’t be surprised if they let him out on loan again this season where logical a loan higher up the pyramid would make sense. A loan with an option to buy should he be a success could be a decent option!

Mentioned Trusty should be an option we're looking at on a loan to buy. Would guess with the Ndiaye money we're going after him on a permanent deal. There are better players out there statistically as I alluded too, but for the price and having already played in England, it may also be the most risk-free choice as well.

The key area for this deal is how quickly he gets used to our system, as far as I'm aware he has rarely/never played in a back 3. Especially for the way our outside centre backs play as well, you'd hope he gets used to the shape and tactical structures of the role quickly. Hopefully playing as a left back at times during his career will help that adjustment and encouragement to get forward from CB.

Attacking mid from a premier League team. I wouldn't class him as that type of profile midfielder but could it be Lewis O'Brien? I wouldn't class him as a defensive midfielder either so probably not 😂

Chukwuemeka seems like a good shout and we were linked at the start of the window.
He is a good shout but seems very similar profile type to slimane. You can never have enough good players though.

If this is Potentialy another fucking loan move being used on a position we should be buying - it’s madness

The loans need to be reserved for mcatee type ATTACKING talents we have no chance of purchasing. Diallo / mcatee / palmer types which will help us survive - it would be a complete and total waste of resources using 50% of our domestic loans on this.

If we can’t scrabble together 5m for him after selling Ndaiye - let’s just pack up and go home

If this is Potentialy another fucking loan move being used on a position we should be buying - it’s madness

The loans need to be reserved for mcatee type ATTACKING talents we have no chance of purchasing. Diallo / mcatee / palmer types which will help us survive - it would be a complete and total waste of resources using 50% of our domestic loans on this.

If we can’t scrabble together 5m for him after selling Ndaiye - let’s just pack up and go home

This would be a terrible use of a loan slot.
We've got money coming in and have spent next to fuck all.
Time for the Prince to be reasonable and give Heckingbottom some sort of a chance.

Media suggests it’s his wages that are the stumbling block not the transfer fee

Good point, hadn't considered that factor. More that there is Video of the game around, so some sleuthing could find a face.
He was wearing a wig and sunglasses, with a big coat on and yellow wellies. You couldn’t miss him !!

Back
Top Bottom