CONFIRMED Ivo Grbic signs for the Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just watched his interview. Seems really likeable and down to earth. Made me laugh when started yawning mid answer, but then he later revealed he’d had to go to Manchester for his medical(why are we doing them there now?)! No wonder he’s so tired with all the travel he’ll have had this past week.

Hope he got a good kip last night if he is playing today.

Would expect him to be on the bench today and play against palace

Actually they were.
I clearly remember being at Oxford when John Hope made his debut and the Blades fans in the ground were so pleased that after years we had a keeper that could actually catch crosses before they got to headable height.
Hodgy was a great and reliable keeper in so many ways, but grabbing high balls in our box wasn't one of his strong points.
We all know how quickly Hope went downhill. It’s not all about height

Seems like a lovely guy and he'll be a big personality in the dressing room and hopefully boss our defence during games.

Interestingly he was the keeper who famously hit a skycam with the ball after a goal kick.

We all know how quickly Hope went downhill. It’s not all about height
I was just pointing out what a relief it was to have a keeper that could actually 'pluck' a ball out of the air which Hodgy generally didn't do.
As you say Hope's general goalkeeping didn't remain at a high level for long enough but it was nice while it lasted.

Who was George? Was he the camp pink Hippo from Rainbow? Would have preferred Zippy battling away in midfield instead, he had much more attitude. Luckily, the 66 boys didn't need George to win it and we would have had the annoying twat uttering 'ooooohhhh Geoffrey' every time Hurst scored a goal in the final.
George Eastham

Just watched his interview. Seems really likeable and down to earth. Made me laugh when started yawning mid answer, but then he later revealed he’d had to go to Manchester for his medical(why are we doing them there now?)! No wonder he’s so tired with all the travel he’ll have had this past week.

Hope he got a good kip last night if he is playing today.
So nobody sees him at Shirecliffe carrying buckets of water up some stairs in his cardio test😀

Seems like a lovely guy and he'll be a big personality in the dressing room and hopefully boss our defence during games.

Interestingly he was the keeper who famously hit a skycam with the ball after a goal kick.
…so no passing out of the box then !! Skycam launchers every time.

Just looked at his show reel and 2 things struck me, the first one is, he doesn't actually look like a goalkeeper, he's very unorthodox his saves look like he's an outfield player who's had to go in goal, he seems a bit flappy.
And secondly, if we had a show reel of the saves Wes has made I think he would look a better keeper, goalkeeper showreels are all well and good but they only show you stuff that he's actually supposed to do, to get an idea on keepers there should be a compilation of the bollocks dropped

I saw him in my dreams last night and he tried to save a slow roller by jumping up and on his side to the ground 2sec after the ball passed him walking speed (like a dump gk animation in early football video games). I bet (and hope) he's better than that..

I saw him in my dreams last night and he tried to save a slow roller by jumping up and on his side to the ground 2sec after the ball passed him walking speed (like a dump gk animation in early football video games). I bet (and hope) he's better than that..
That offside goal looked just like the one in my dream :D I can see the future :D

I know Atletico supporters said some nice things about him, but he deputised for Oblak towards the end of last season when they were still in with a slight chance of the league. He played at Elche who were.... well, like we are. Rock bottom and hopelessly doomed to relegation.

Fairly early on he misjudged a long throw and palmed it straight into the path of our guy, who scored, allowing us to win the game. And we never beat Atletico. In fact we never usually score against them.

Suffice to say I wasn't enthused by this signing. Today didn't help.

Time will tell.

If we were a serious club we would have signed Victor. Fact.

But we are poorly run.

Still, early days for the new lad.

UTB

I know it's early, I know we can't judge much from a weakened team but... there are a few things he does that give me question marks on how much of an actual upgrade he is on Wes.

I guess time will tell
Wasn’t the most inspiring debut. Immediate reaction on their first was that he didn’t move quick to get over. So perhaps he didn’t see it until late.

His kicking was a little hit and miss.

And he just didn’t seem to exude confidence

I don't want to be harsh on the lad, it is still early days after all, but a couple of times today, he reminded me of old Tyrannosaurus Rex arms, George Long. There was a couple of shots that he dived at, that went wide or across goal and I thought 'Where's his arms?' 'Why isn't he reaching out to his fullest stretch?'

Like I said, early days but.....

If we were a serious club we would have signed Victor. Fact.

But we are poorly run.

Still, early days for the new lad.

UTB
How do you know Johansson is a better keeper though? All that guy has done is pick the ball out off his net for the majority off the time at Rotherham. Everytime I’ve watched him I’ve thought he’s looked dodgy and his distribution is crap

I don't want to be harsh on the lad, it is still early days after all, but a couple of times today, he reminded me of old Tyrannosaurus Rex arms, George Long. There was a couple of shots that he dived at, that went wide or across goal and I thought 'Where's his arms?' 'Why isn't he reaching out to his fullest stretch?'

Like I said, early days but.....
Me too

Awful tough on a keeper from another league, he has only just arrived and faces an FA Cup game. He doesn't know his own players ,never mind which side opposition players like to shoot to. Not many keepers have to face two penalties on their debut .He will improve.

I know Atletico supporters said some nice things about him, but he deputised for Oblak towards the end of last season when they were still in with a slight chance of the league. He played at Elche who were.... well, like we are. Rock bottom and hopelessly doomed to relegation.

Fairly early on he misjudged a long throw and palmed it straight into the path of our guy, who scored, allowing us to win the game. And we never beat Atletico. In fact we never usually score against them.

Suffice to say I wasn't enthused by this signing. Today didn't help.

Time will tell.
What’s the Elche connection? Genuinely interested.

Back
Top Bottom