CONFIRMED Ivo Grbic signs for the Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The Romanian Moldovan keeper

I honestly thought they were signing a Moldovan goalkeeper until just now. It was only when I realised that it wouldn't be his nationality on that image but rather his name that it clicked.
Just to add to the confusion, Moldovans are basically Romanians who got stuck in the Russian Empire.

A blokes just said we close to signing a keeper, Grbic? I said, Danny Ward he said. Don't think he knows nothing. dc_blade I always find it crazy dracula went to Whitby.

A blokes just said we close to signing a keeper, Grbic? I said, Danny Ward he said. Don't think he knows nothing. dc_blade I always find it crazy dracula went to Whitby.
Typical though; he was only in Yorkshire for a short while before being lured away to London.

I understand the signing of Grbic being delayed whilst Madrid finalised the transfer of his replacement. Apparently that was completed yesterday so I would imagine that means Grbic should be done today. Though why CW should say that it was nearly done last weekend in time for WHU (if it always needed Madrid to source his replacement first) is a little puzzling. Anyhow probably sometime before the weekend.

As for Curtis, if the lads signed (and it seems that he has as he was at the game on Sunday in full Blades trying gear) then why the big delay in announcing it? Are we waiting to launch the signing video on Netflix or something? Are we just putting the finishing touches to the post production re-shots including love scenes being filmed behind the training rooms at Shirecliffe with Halle Berry? Is CW playing the part of Blofeld and stroking a pussy in the background whilst sporting an evil grin?

Oh for the days of picking up to the local rag to read that United were interested in A and B. Then the excitement building before we got our hands on the rag the next day to read the latest scoop / article by Tony Pritchett telling us that we had signed 'Star' A, but 'Star' B had fucked off to Crewe for more money. We did love a 'Blades swoop for Star' headline on the billboards. Nowadays, the billboards would have 'Blades fuck about for a while with Star and their agent'. Simpler times back then.

Last edited:
No, Transnistria is a chunk of Moldova populated by Russian-speaking people. It has been trying to secede and I believe is currently occupied by the Russian army. Moldova as a whole was a Romanian-speaking province of the Russian Empire and then the Soviet Union.
I reckon that will end up being taken over by transsexuals who will demand it’s theirs.

The S2 phenomenon of a transfer reportedly being done but mysterious dragging out at the death for another two weeks - ‘the Blademuva Triangle’.
I did see a tweet the other day saying we’d sent a “letter of interest” for Sacha Boey.

At first I thought that it was probably just semantics, but maybe we actually are conducting business by mail? It’d explain why everything seems to take 4 times longer than at other clubs.

As only an occasional reader of the Star before it went properly online, and an even more occasional listener to Radio Sheffield, there were several times that the first I heard of a new signing was at the Lane on matchday when Sinclair announced them in the starting line-up.

I did see a tweet the other day saying we’d sent a “letter of interest” for Sacha Boey.

At first I thought that it was probably just semantics, but maybe we actually are conducting business by mail? It’d explain why everything seems to take 4 times longer than at other clubs.
Fax machine broken again?

Sorry, I’ll let myself out

I understand the signing of Grbic being delayed whilst Madrid finalised the transfer of his replacement. Apparently that was completed yesterday so I would imagine that means Grbic should be done today. Though why CW should say that it was nearly done last weekend in time for WHU (if it always needed Madrid to source his replacement first) is a little puzzling. Anyhow probably sometime before the weekend.

As for Curtis, if the lads signed (and it seems that he has as he was at the game on Sunday in full Blades trying gear) then why the big delay in announcing it? Are we waiting to launch the signing video on Netflix or something? Are we just putting the finishing touches to the post production re-shots including love scenes being filmed behind the training rooms at Shirecliffe with Halle Berry? Is CW playing the part of Blofeld and stroking a pussy in the background whilst sporting an evil grin?

Oh for the days of picking up to the local rag to read that United were interested in A and B. Then the excitement building before we got our hands on the rag the next day to read the latest scoop / article by Tony Pritchett telling us that we had signed 'Star' A, but 'Star' B had fucked off to Crewe for more money. We did love a 'Blades swoop for Star' headline on the billboards. Nowadays, the billboards would have 'Blades fuck about for a while with Star and their agent'. Simpler times back then.
Andy Pack on Clubcall was the other option for those who just couldn't wait to the next day for the Star to reveal all! I remember ringing up a few times as a kid as I was desperate to hear if we'd signed an "International Star" and then my mum getting the phone bill giving me a right rollicking.

We did sign Roger Nilsen in the end! He started well but then deteriorated in my view.

Back
Top Bottom