CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye signs new contract to 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I still imagine he wants to

1) Move closer to home
2) Earn more money

He'll likely achieve that by running down his deal

I still imagine he wants to

1) Move closer to home
2) Earn more money

He'll likely achieve that by running down his deal
He's a young lad with a kid and can understand he wants to be successful.
Really he was lucky we took a punt on him
It's a cut throat business is pro -football contracts arnt thrown around like confetti.
He could disappear completely like most do .
He was making progress ( cameo at Leicester) the club was giving him an opportunity why throw it all away for pie in the sky.
He has to play football to progress and will not get anything for free.
That is football ! Hope he does make it somewhere if not here .
Running out of time though going on 22 with no real experience to call on.
Talented footballers very often dont make the grade as attitude as much as skill is just as important.
Not doing himself any favours is he ?

The extent to which his current circumstances give Wildercult members another stick with which to beat Bettis and Abdullah?
There’s plenty to give them stick about with the general running of the club, and slow transfer business in the past year or so without making stuff up. That’s what annoys me.

Has he been on loan anywhere?

It feels a little Diego this. Surely signing a short-term contract with the promise of a half year loan suits both parties?

Has he been on loan anywhere?

It feels a little Diego this. Surely signing a short-term contract with the promise of a half year loan suits both parties?
Not at efl level I don’t think. Probably due him being more of a 5 aside street footballer than an 11 aside player it’s taken a while to adapt him to playing 11 aside football.

Not at efl level I don’t think. Probably due him being more of a 5 aside street footballer than an 11 aside player it’s taken a while to adapt him to playing 11 aside football.
Well off the mark. There’s a reason jebbo couldn’t get into the u23 starting 11 when mousset dropped down to get some match fitness. After watching as many u18 and u23 games and highlights as possible, i personally believe Ndiaye is the better of the two incredible prospects. Just a personal opinion though

Well off the mark. There’s a reason jebbo couldn’t get into the u23 starting 11 when mousset dropped down to get some match fitness. After watching as many u18 and u23 games and highlights as possible, i personally believe Ndiaye is the better of the two incredible prospects. Just a personal opinion though
I’m not saying he’s better or worse just saying that’s the reason why ndiaye has been a late bloomer only hitting his stride in his 20’s

I’m not saying he’s better or worse just saying that’s the reason why ndiaye has been a late bloomer only hitting his stride in his 20’s
Apologies, i mis understood. I think the fact wilder wanted ndiaye to be our starting number 10 this season (before wilder left) should tell us everything about the lad

Plus look at how good carvalho has been for fulham this season. Ndiaye could have the same effect but we’re too stubborn

Apologies, i mis understood. I think the fact wilder wanted ndiaye to be our starting number 10 this season (before wilder left) should tell us everything about the lad
I think the fact we are offering him a new deal at 21 which is when you want them to be breaking through shows how we see him we must see him as a player who can contribute to the match day squad.

Hate to be the harsh one, but the lad is an asset and he will be used accordingly. That's the cut throat nature of this game. Theoretically, Lundstram had more to offer the club in the here and now so allowances were made.Development players are assessed more on the potential that can be extracted from a sale or future performances for us - if and when they're ready at some day in the future.

That said, if he wants to go and he has a new club lined up, we should take any reasonable offer that's on the table now.If he can be persuaded to stay he should be shown that there is a clear pathway to the first team and a competitive wage to be earned here.

Which Academy players were allowed to play higher up before signing the contract? Name them please.
😂 are we only bringing academy players into this then? Completely ignoring the first team player which was allowed to play whilst running his contract down?

N’Diaye is the biggest talent to come through the Sheffield United academy
N'Diaye was never in the Academy as such - came on trial and played for under 23 team never played for the under 18 team and was never on a scholarship with us.

😂 are we only bringing academy players into this then? Completely ignoring the first team player which was allowed to play whilst running his contract down?
That was Wilder's and then Heckingbottom's decision, not the club, if you are talking about Lundstram.

You said the club was hypocritical, please name the Academy players who refused to sign a contract offered to them but were allowed to play in a higher level. Serious question.

That was Wilder's and then Heckingbottom's decision, not the club, if you are talking about Lundstram.

You said the club was hypocritical, please name the Academy players who refused to sign a contract offered to them but were allowed to play in a higher level. Serious question.
So should this not be Slavisa’s decision? That’s hypocritical in the very sense of the word 😂

Read what?
What I’ve said 🤣 if it was Wilder’s choice to play Lundstram despite the clubs contract stand off, why shouldn’t Jokanovic be allowed to do the same?

It’s the same club. I don’t care whether he’s a first teamer, academy prospect or it’s a she in the women’s team.

What I’ve said 🤣 if it was Wilder’s choice to play Lundstram despite the clubs contract stand off, why shouldn’t Jokanovic be allowed to do the same?

It’s the same club. I don’t care whether he’s a first teamer, academy prospect or it’s a she in the women’s team.
The purpose of the Academy is to provide players for the 1st team. Ndaiye is still an u23s player, he has refused to sign a contract. Our Academy has similar policies as other clubs. You will have read news of other clubs refusing to loan out an Academy product until they have signed the contract that the club offered them. Are they being critical too? There are loads of clubs still picking 1ST TEAM PLAYERS who are running down their contracts and it is usually the 1st team's manager's decision.

The purpose of the Academy is to provide players for the 1st team. Ndaiye is still an u23s player, he has refused to sign a contract. Our Academy has similar policies as other clubs. You will have read news of other clubs refusing to loan out an Academy product until they have signed the contract that the club offered them. Are they being critical too? There are loads of clubs still picking 1ST TEAM PLAYERS who are running down their contracts and it is usually the 1st team's manager's decision.
NDiaye has made a first team appearance. And I don’t care what other teams are doing.

Back
Top Bottom