Hulse off to Derby

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

johno

Reaction score
in todays star Hulse is of to Derby for a shocking £1m, :eek:
i hope this is just another rumour and not fact coz he is worth well more than that plus i think we should keep hold of him.

From the Mail.............

Derby manager Paul Jewell has agreed to pay Sheffield United £1.75million for striker Rob Hulse.

Hulse will travel for talks today (Wednesday) and is expected to agree a three-year deal.

Sad to see Rob go if it happens, but he's nowhere near the player he was at the moment.

Could put to bed Beattie moving? :)

dont mind Hulse going to be honest, now i see two more leaving (Webber, Stead, Shelton) and then another striker coming in, so then we are left with

BT, Sharp, One out of the two above, and ?????

Also in the Sun this morning saying Hulse is off to Derby for 1.75M. I agree he is not the player he was and can we wait for him to regain it?

It also says in the Sun that we have turned down a 2M bid from Bolton for Michael Tonge

I am sad to see him go, but if it means we can keep BT then thats the way it has to be. Good luck to him, he will always be a Blades legend to me for his fantastic work in the premier league, I am convinced had he not got that awful injury we would not have been relegated that season.

Rams hunt strikers Hulse & Davies

Derby County are close to signing Tranmere forward Steve Davies and are also chasing Sheffield United striker Rob Hulse, BBC Radio Derby understands.

Davies, 20, is out of contract this summer but the player would command a fee as he is under 24 years of age.

The highly-rated striker was the subject of two bids from League One side Leeds United last season.

But despite reports to the contrary, the Rams have not agreed a fee with the Blades for Hulse, 28

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/7435146.stm

Had Hulse not got injured, and kept scoring, he may have had a shot at the England squad. The reality is an awful injury that will have left him with a large mental hurdle to overcome, something which may not happen.

Sorry for Hulse but he ain't performed since his leg break and far to many at BDTBL are being carried GET RID OF THEM!

and PLEASE not another season of Tom Hark !

£2million at least.... make em spend the money from earnshaw.

Everyone else is paying over the odds, why cant we bump the price up further.

RAMS DENY TALKS WITH STRIKER HULSE

04 June 2008

Reports that Derby County are close to signing Sheffield United striker Rob Hulse have been dismissed.

The Rams remain interested in the striker but claims from Sheffield and in the national media that a £1.75m deal had already been agreed - and that Hulse was due to meet the club today - were described as "way off the mark" by a Rams source.

United boss Kevin Blackwell seems certain to part with some of his strikers with no fewer than seven at Bramall Lane already.

Now whats that saying..................

buy high ...............sell low.............?

or is it ........buy low............sell high ?

Somebody tell 'our terry' before its too late:rolleyes:

I think £1.75 is a good price for him TBH.

Especially after his injury

Just found this

Derby chairman of football Adam Pearson has confirmed the Rams' interest in Sheffield United striker Rob Hulse.

Pearson denied Derby have already made an offer for the 28-year-old, but admitted Paul Jewell could make a move for Hulse.

Pearson told the Derby Evening Telegraph: "It's not beyond the realms of possibility. Rob's definitely a player that interests us. He's a player that definitely interests the manager."

Hulse struggled to capture his best form last season after breaking his leg at Chelsea in March 2007 and was not given an extended run in the starting line-up - due to the fact the Blades have seven first-team strikers.

Pearson added: "I think they're saying they want to keep him now because it puts them in a stronger position.

"But if you're sitting on seven centre forwards, the bottom line is that you have to sell some of them

Can i ask what the ................ are all about?

Always Our Terry isn't it.
You have a strange infactuation with him BB, do you want to be his friend but he doesn't want to be yours? :D

Blackie said earlier that Hulse is going nowhere and he's annoyed with the press this one has got.

We don't have to sell anyone unless we feel its the right thing for the club.

A few incomings soon followed by the odd outgoing.

Derby chairman Adam Pearson quoted on sky sports news website:
Adam Pearson has confirmed that Derby are interested in Rob Hulse of Sheffield United and would still like to sign Swansea midfielder Ferrie Bodde.

Hulse found opportunities hard to come by last season with six other strikers at Bramall Lane, and Derby chairman Pearson is hoping the Blades will agree to let him go.

Derby have not yet made an offer for the 28-year-old but Pearson has hinted that an approach might be imminent.

"It's not beyond the realms of possibility," he told the Derby Evening Telegraph.

"Rob's definitely a player that interests us. He's a player that definitely interests the manager (Paul Jewell).

"I think they're saying they want to keep him now because it puts them in a stronger position.

Adam Pearson needs to keep his stupid mouth shut about other teams - he's shot his gob off about Swansea too - and look at putting his own house in order.

Adam Pearson needs to keep his stupid mouth shut about other teams - he's shot his gob off about Swansea too - and look at putting his own house in order.

I thought it was written somewhere in the rules that unless they'd made a formal approach, they weren't allowed to talk about signing other club's players?

Have I made it up?

I'm not sure - it may well be true though.

For my part, I'm glad we've got a chairman who's got the class and decency not to keep bleating about other teams and their players.

For my part, I'm glad we've got a chairman who's got the class and decency not to keep bleating about other teams and their players.

Apart from West Ham and Tevez, but we'll let him off for that one ;)

I definitely heard that Hulse wasn't going anywhere... usually means they're sold by Monday when it comes to United.

Back
Top Bottom