Steel city derby looms

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Well Blades, if things carry on the way we're going and what with the filth dragging themselves out of the shite it would appear a Steel city derby is on the horizon.
Personally I can't stand this fixture, it ties me in knots and consumes me to the point of slight mental illness.
What do others think?
Embrace it or hate it?

I Derby games, there’s too much riding on them.

When you score it isn’t a feeling of happiness, more relief.

Also I hate going to the rust bucket and visiting the rough end of town.

Currently it is looking more likely. Them lot have certainly picked up form and results but things can also change.
They have southampton away next so that will be a tough one you'd think.

As for us, we all know how big an ask it is for us to start picking up the results we would need to stay up. Could still happen but it's a long, long shot.

Since the first competitive Sheffield derby fixture I went to in October 1970, I have missed only 2 competitive Sheffield derby matches. The 1-1 draw at the Lane in April 1980 (I was playing in a football tournament at Kortrijk, Belgium) and the 2-0 defeat at S6 in the League Cup, 1st leg in August 1980 (I was playing cricket that day).

I always look forward to these matches. Some great games, some boring and some disappointing games.

Ive not missed a competitive fixture against them since i started attending games in about '84..first one was the ZDS sat on the upper tier at their place. Personally i look forward to these match too. The chance to put one over them overides any feeling of doubt or defeat. and if we lose we take it on the chin and know being a blade is infinitely better than being a pig! The one that really hurt was when Blackwell cost us our unbeaten home and double record by playing the most god awful football.

The way i see it is we aint ever going to win something, so beating them and being top dogs is as good as it gets

Don't mistake me for not realising what looks like the inevitable reality of our relegation but we've seemingly become a fan base that have more confidence of those in S6 pulling back a larger points gap than we have.

At least try to have some self respect, bloody hell.

Although to keep on topic I'm with most others, too much pressure, way too tense I can't really enjoy it till the final whistle. As long as we've won of course.

I still think they'll go down, there next 6 games will really decide if they can stay up. As for playing them I really don't like the games but always attend hoping we do em rather than expecting to.

They will get above Wayne Rooney's Birmingham and Darren Moore's Huddersfield. Miracle of Hillsborough part deux.

That's what winning 5 out of 8 can do for you.

Well Blades, if things carry on the way we're going and what with the filth dragging themselves out of the shite it would appear a Steel city derby is on the horizon.
Personally I can't stand this fixture, it ties me in knots and consumes me to the point of slight mental illness.
What do others think?
Embrace it or hate it?
“Filth?” Sounds like you got a box set of 70’s cop shows for Crimbo?

They are 3 points from safety. We are 7.
Yeah originally when I made this point I think yesterday or the day before they were 8 I believe. It's one game at a time boys, win the next league game and we then get back to the 4 and it doesn't seem as awful.

Not saying it's likely but it's not impossible, just a better attitude around here would be nicer is the main point I was making.

They will get above Wayne Rooney's Birmingham and Darren Moore's Huddersfield. Miracle of Hillsborough part deux.

That's what winning 5 out of 8 can do for you.
Not Wayne Rooney's Brum anymore

Although I think we are down, I still think they’ll go down too.

Their relegation rivals will strengthen this month, Chansiri however is more interested in getting into arguments with the fans and telling them to go f**k themselves than backing his managers.

Don't mistake me for not realising what looks like the inevitable reality of our relegation but we've seemingly become a fan base that have more confidence of those in S6 pulling back a larger points gap than we have.

At least try to have some self respect, bloody hell.

Although to keep on topic I'm with most others, too much pressure, way too tense I can't really enjoy it till the final whistle. As long as we've won of course.
When was the last time you looked at the league tables we are 7 points 8 really with goal difference they, are 3 points 4 really with goal difference from safety.

Yeah originally when I made this point I think yesterday or the day before they were 8 I believe. It's one game at a time boys, win the next league game and we then get back to the 4 and it doesn't seem as awful.

Not saying it's likely but it's not impossible, just a better attitude around here would be nicer is the main point I was making.
So they 5 points for beating Hull?

Absolutely love derby games. Win, and it's fantastic. Lose, and just suck it up and move on. But for those of a more nervous disposition, there's always Saturday's upcoming thriller against Gillingham to salivate over.
BTW watched Wednesday against Hurl yesterday, and although Hurl had a man sent off, Wednesday still looked pretty good. Not sure we'd beat them at the moment.....

From what they are suggesting, we'll be switching places. They are on the charge to the play-offs. In all honesty, I think they will scrap staying up so yey another derby to look forward too. However, remember they will believe they are superior again - normally goes in our favour.

What do others think?
Embrace it or hate it?

I’m with you. I hate them

their incredible i take a peak on porktalk now and again from them being certain they were going back to league 1 6 weeks ago their now talking about play offs but it can easily turn round again as another poster has said theyve 5/6 tricky matches coming up for what its worth i still think our current team would beat em big big gap between championship and premier league nowadays and even if they stay up were still in a better financial position than them for recruitment in the summer we will take at least 4 points off em next season if they manage to escape

Reactions: Dkc
What do others think?
Embrace it or hate it?
Spot on ... my sentiments too!

We’re playing against good teams and they aren’t. If they were playing Man City and others I’d be certain of them getting relegated like I’m certain that we are.

Watched them last night up till the sending off. From what I saw they ain’t staying up and if they are staying up we’ve nowt to worry about from them or the rest of the league if that standard was anything to go on.

I relish these games when we're in decent form. Can't stand the thought of them when we're out of form.

They have tricky games coming up but unfortunately for us, the teams around them are Uber-gash and unlikely to pick up points also.

I still think they'll go down, there next 6 games will really decide if they can stay up. As for playing them I really don't like the games but always attend hoping we do em rather than expecting to.

They’ll not go down. They’re the spozziest club in the world. How they managed to land the best coach available is still beyond me. Complete fluke considering “Channers” previous appointments.

Back
Top Bottom