Hoped for more

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think Weir will be waiting on maybe one or two leaving before a swoop?

Or possibly the club were the striker is we want is waiting to get a replacement before waiting to sell?

It could all happen in the last hour.

What time did we announce forte in Jan? im sure it was last off.

Kev Gee said:
It could all happen in the last hour.
What time did we announce forte in Jan? im sure it was last off.
Has anyone been spotted rushing out from BDTBL to Staples for some more paper for the fax machine?

They also said after Cuvelier that no one else would be coming in... then there was. It ain't over until it's over and you never know if they're waiting on some outs before some ins perhaps?

Where's your money??

Any chance of Real Madrid going for a Flynn and Porter for Ronaldo swap? 2 for 1, bargain.

A former player who recently left the academy reckons Weir has very little to do with transfers.

UTB

A former academy player would know about as much as I do who deals with transfers and I know sweet FA.. I'm personal friends with a couple of academy coaches and they don't know anything either like everything else it's all rumour and hearsay unless you hear personally from the people at Weir, McCabe and Stevenson level who agrees to transfers in or out.

For a minute there, i thought Villa had paid £7m for Rob Kozluk. But apparently it's not him, it's some bloke called Libor Kozak. Maybe it's his brother.

A former academy player would know about as much as I do who deals with transfers and I know sweet FA.. I'm personal friends with a couple of academy coaches and they don't know anything either like everything else it's all rumour and hearsay unless you hear personally from the people at Weir, McCabe and Stevenson level who agrees to transfers in or out.

I think you read that wrong. He was MUCH more senior than you've assumed, and not an academy player.

UTB

Back four apart, do we look a bit lightweight?

Long
McMahon Maguire Collins Hill
Cuvelier Doyle
Brandy - - - - Baxter - - - - - Murphy
Taylor
I think that would need addressing once the loan window shuts.
I think we'll see 2-3 highier quality players via that route

If we don't sign anyone else on permanent then so be it we've still done a good bit of business and brought in two very decent quality Midfielders for this division. We do still need a striker and what with Weir approaching Coventry for Wilson or Clarke or both this to me shows he knows this and has the intention of bringing one in. Also said somewhere else on this forum the Harry Bunn deal today is merely a glorified trial. The lad gets a month to show hes capable and if so then we take him on for longer as our ghastly neighbours did with that Helan lad and eventually who knows if he cuts it we might even sign him in the end as they did.

If not signing anyone permanently means we can bring in a better striker on a long term loan then so be it. I'm not a massive fan of loans and always feel that when a player is contracted to a club he has much more to play for but you never know what could happen.

Still watching clock, didn't expect much but at the minute I wouldn't be surprised if an 11th hour move happens.

think we are forgetting the moneys not here till tommorrow , and that players , decent players are available on loan , such as Billy Sharp , who could only come in on loan

If Taylor plays awful and fails to score for a few more games then why not try Baxter upfront? Move Cuvelier into his role and see how it goes. Can't be much worse than what we already are.

I think that would need addressing once the loan window shuts.
I think we'll see 2-3 highier quality players via that route

Weir has said he doesn't want more than a couple of loans in the squad. We have two currently. Unsuccessful attempts to sign more players today may make him rethink though.

The team above do look like a 'work in progress', a team that's not quite ready because there are too many positions which aren't occupied by the right type of players. Promotion more likely next season than this?

Back
Top Bottom