Hoped for more

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We are a very lightweight squad at the moment, especially upfront. Always worries me at set pieces. In my mind if we're gonna carry on with the current formation we need a mobile but sizeable striker (ie more mobile than Porter, but stronger and better in the air than Taylor) who can bring into play the flair players in midfield who we now have and hopefully get a few goals as well. Hate to say it but Clarke would be a good fit.

Weir has said he doesn't want more than a couple of loans in the squad. We have two currently. Unsuccessful attempts to sign more players today may make him rethink though.

The team above do look like a 'work in progress', a team that's not quite ready because there are too many positions which aren't occupied by the right type of players. Promotion more likely next season than this?

With the quality of player we have signed you'd be crackers to write us off this year. we've got some goals in Midfield now thats a bonus. Who says we need another striker anyway? Get reverted back to 4-4-2 and get Porter up there for knock downs and then persevere and get Miller back involved.

I'm still happy enough. Another quality signing today in Cuvelier.

Back four apart, do we look a bit lightweight?

Long
McMahon Maguire Collins Hill
Cuvelier Doyle
Brandy - - - - Baxter - - - - - Murphy
Taylor

_____________Long
Coady Maguire Collins Hill
_____________Doyle
_____Cuvelier____ Baxter
Taylor_____ Porter_____ Brandy

Subs:- Howard, McMahon, McGinty, McGinn, McFadzean, Murphy, Bunn

Back
Top Bottom