Hoped for more

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bladesman3

Reaction score
Ok, a few hours to go but this could be a big downer ..hoped to see some new signings which imo we need desperately...so is it to be Bunn, Baxter, Cuvelier and thats it?
Baxter and Cuvelier are good signings, Bunn is only young and i dont know him at all...
Come Weir, get someone in!!

It's already been a helluva lot more productive than previous deadline days, but we do desperately need a decent striker.

Plus we've not lost anyone of note.....yet.

3 weeks ago we were all expecting to lose 2 or 3 and sign no-one. Instead we have spent probably north of £600K on two quality players, (certainly at this level) and lost no-one....(yet)....I'm very happy at the moment.

Baxter & Cuvelier are good signings (excellent by our recent standards!). We do need a decent striker though. Be good to get rid of 2 or 3 of the current squad too.

I was over the moon once I found out we signed Cuvelier, him and Baxter are proven in this league and have had very good reviews from previous clubs. But all that excitement has sort of died down now that we have signed another useless loan. Bunn has been sent out on loan to Oldham, Crewe and Preston in the last couple of seasons and has failed to score at all for any of them. Thank god it's only a month but I wish we'd atleast try and sign a proven goalscorer that will do a decent job for us, but then again easier said than done. :(

The Harry Bunn signing is a glorified trial. Don't expect him to be brought in as the answer to our goalscoring problems!

I think we're far from finished. We'll see a striker in before the end of the day and hopefully a centre half.

Hopefully someone with some leadership and experience, and getting rid of the likes of Porter and Williams. Perhaps some going out on loan?

Maybe Baxter will push further forward with Cuvelier behind him?

Although, looking at that youtube clip, he seems to spend a lot of time out wide so maybe now we can put Murphy in the hole (where he deserves to be played).

Mark my words, I've been let down too many times to believe we'll sign a good striker before the end of the day, I'll be happy to be proved wrong though.

The official site is making a big thing of Bunn being Weir's NINTH signing.
It seems likely that only FOUR of them will be in his first choice XI (Baxter, Cuvelier, Brandy and Taylor).
Is it wise to be signing so many reserves, while the first team still has so many glaring weaknesses?

Weir says were done live on RS thats shit, he seems happy he comes across as though he is happy with our squad can't believe it.

I thought he hedged his bets, he actually said "you never know what might happen in this crazy world"

I thought he hedged his bets, he actually said "you never know what might happen in this crazy world"

Ha! Seems we can take what he said with a pinch of salt if he said that. Are we sure Weir has 100% control when it comes to transfers anyway? I'm willing to guess not. Still wouldn't surprise me if we are disappointed though!

Ha! Seems we can take what he said with a pinch of salt if he said that. Are we sure Weir has 100% control when it comes to transfers anyway? I'm willing to guess not. Still wouldn't surprise me if we are disappointed though!

A former player who recently left the academy reckons Weir has very little to do with transfers.

UTB

Nobody has invested a penny yet and how expectations have changed! Disappointed at only signing 3 players, when traditionally Jonathan forte on loan was a bonus!!!!!

Agreed, definitely a step forward. But we still don't have a proven goalscorer, the most important position on the pitch, hence the angst.

Fingers crossed still.

UTB

the better players will most likely be loans while in this division.

Sure this has already been said.

If we're not desperately trying to get a striker in then there's something seriously wrong.

We're the most lightweight team upfront in the entire league. It's so glaringly obvious.

I also think Miller could score a lot of goals in this team/formation.

Weir says were done live on RS thats shit, he seems happy he comes across as though he is happy with our squad can't believe it.

They also said after Cuvelier that no one else would be coming in... then there was. It ain't over until it's over and you never know if they're waiting on some outs before some ins perhaps?

Up front being fed by Cuvelier, Baxter and Brandy.

I don't really think he's suited to the lone striker/ target man role.
We do need somebody to play with their back to goal and hold the ball up, especially away from home.
That's not Miller's game, or Taylor's. Clarke would be ideal.

You only need to hold it up if you're knocking it up there without a lot of support.

Back
Top Bottom