Hey - we've got Doyle for 2 more years you know!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Micalijo

DELETED USER
Reaction score
A vital and outstanding member of any forward thinking football club. Thank the Lord we have got Doyle.

And Tmac as well - God I love watching him turn out for us.

No not pissed.

Not pissed off either. We're doing well, 4th in the League, only lost two games and we're not even half way through the season. Onwards and upwards.

Things in the past have not been great, but that's what it is, the past. Do try to move on.

A vital and outstanding member of any forward thinking football club. Thank the Lord we have got Doyle.

You might as well have a pop at giving McDonald a contract as well, given that he's been similarly below his own performance rate last year.

• Banned
You might as well have a pop at giving McDonald a contract as well, given that he's been similarly below his own performance rate last year.

Hey - it wasn't me in the daft trousers and hat!

You'd look a good player with Ched up top in L1. Kmac has looked alot better with Blackie out wide. He's a player Foxman, you know that, just needs a bit of help. Surely you can't be knocking Kmac. Seriously you prefer Monty/Doyle don't you because they run about?

You'd look a good player with Ched up top in L1. Kmac has looked alot better with Blackie out wide. He's a player Foxman, you know that, just needs a bit of help. Surely you can't be knocking Kmac. Seriously you prefer Monty/Doyle don't you because they run about?

No, I simply rate players on their performance, rather than having pre-conceptions from the name on their shirts.

KMac, whilst having some quality attributes and undoubtedly being a good player, is capable of playing crap and has done numerous times this season.

• Banned
No, I simply rate players on their performance, rather than having pre-conceptions from the name on their shirts.

KMac, whilst having some quality attributes and undoubtedly being a good player, is capable of playing crap and has done numerous times this season.

Fair enough but we want proper footballers in the side don't we? Kmac is a good L1 player - that is all he is, but he plays the type of game we want to watch - I want to watch anyway.

It's a measure of how far we have fallen though that plenty of L1 sides do seem to have more non-passengers - as you put it - than us. Do agree that Kmac has been very average and ineffective in a few games.

No not pissed.

Not pissed off either. We're doing well, 4th in the League, only lost two games and we're not even half way through the season. Onwards and upwards.

Things in the past have not been great, but that's what it is, the past. Do try to move on.

lol.

Just as predicted by others.

First it was: We're doing well. We are undefeated in the league. Onwards and upwards

Then it was: We've lost only our first game of the season. Onwards and upwards.

Now it's "We're doing well, 4th in the League, only lost two games and we're not even half way through the season. Onwards and upwards."

Then it will be. We've lost 5 games but it's OK, we still have DW as manager, Onwards and upwards

Finally it will be: we have been relegated but we will have the best team in league 2 next year. Onwards and upwards.

Nothing wrong with being positive. Anything but promotion will be failure this year. I just think it's a bit early to start slashing wrists. If we only win a couple more games by the end of the year, then i'll start to get worried.

You forgot "and anyway we'll piss this league and we can visit lots of new grounds"

the odd post now and again slagging the board when we are winning , and such glorious happiness a couple of hours after a defeat.
oink - surely not.

lol.

Just as predicted by others.

First it was: We're doing well. We are undefeated in the league. Onwards and upwards

Then it was: We've lost only our first game of the season. Onwards and upwards.

Now it's "We're doing well, 4th in the League, only lost two games and we're not even half way through the season. Onwards and upwards."

Then it will be. We've lost 5 games but it's OK, we still have DW as manager, Onwards and upwards

Finally it will be: we have been relegated but we will have the best team in league 2 next year. Onwards and upwards.

Nobody has posted what you suggest. Nobody fits the mould you are trying to make. You've got enough reasons to hate Sheffield United it seems. You don't need to make more up.

UTB

Regarding Doyle, if he still is the topic of this thread, he too suffers a bit from poorer movement and creativity in the side compared to last season. Opposition teams know that McDonald is our playmaker and close him down quickly which sometimes sees Doyle having to try do something creative. When he has space his passing accuracy is allright, but he is just not a very creative player. Last season he could give the ball short and simple to the likes of LJF, Lowton, Quinn and Williamson and there was a good chance they'd do something constructive with it.

This season we've prefered our full backs to hold back a lot, and our choice of wide midfielders have often been based more on defensive solidity than attacking flair. This has highlighted Doyle's limitations. He's not got the teammates to do something creative with the easy ball, and he's not got the creativity himself to do something noteworthy with the ball when he has space.

Defensively, it's going to be a challenge for him to remain a ball winning midfielder as that role really requires superior fitness. A lot of those player types gradually develop into holding playmaker types as they age, some with success, others just can't do it at the same level and have to drop down the divisions.

Doyle was very poor yesterday, he simply didn't do his job, but personally I thought the two worst players were

Harry - school boy defending at times and got run ragged.
MacDonald - last week looked a class above against Stevenage, but yesterday alongside Doyle he was awful. Some days Macdonald can boss a game, but yesterday when we needed our midfield to take hold of the game he was a passenger.

Make no mistake there are some terrible teams in this division. Brentford aren't one of them. They looked a tidy outfit for 45 mins. 2nd half we put them on the back foot, but they looked dangerous on the break.

Blackman looked decent going forward but offered no support to his fullbacks.

We need two decent pacey fullbacks as hill and westlake aren't good enough

We need two decent pacey fullbacks as hill and westlake aren't good enough

Have we seen enough of Westlake to conclude that? I think his contender for the position (McMahon) should have far more questions asked at this point.

UTB

Have we seen enough of Westlake to conclude that? I think his contender for the position (McMahon) should have far more questions asked at this point.

UTB

I think McMahon is a more solid defender, but isn't mobile enough.
From the two games I've seen of westlake he seems to struggle more defensively

But yes we need to see more of him

UTB

If Blackman had used him a couple of times when he overlapped against Crewe he may have got more credit. I like his willingness to go forward and join in with attacks.

The Daily Mic Exclusive!!!! Skint Division Three Club Not Able To Sign Premier League Players Shocker!!!!! World Disgusted, Except For Perverts And Sickos!!!!!

Continued on page eleven, after the World Exclusive about the axis of evil that is McCabe and Satan. And some pictures of famous birds with their tits out on holiday. Exclusive!!!!

Yawn. Same shit, different Sunday.

Nobody has posted what you suggest. Nobody fits the mould you are trying to make. You've got enough reasons to hate Sheffield United it seems. You don't need to make more up.

UTB

Only the first two have been posted since the rest hasn't happen yet but it's only a matter of time. People who fit the mould are ones who are wearing blinkers such as yourself who quote the second line and rest who have quoted the first. The other lines will come in time.

I have nothing to hate about united. Just the way the club has been run and how KM has destroyed the club I love. Like most Blade fans

Do you really love the club ? really ?
I think you love bandwagons and attention .

Only the first two have been posted since the rest hasn't happen yet but it's only a matter of time. People who fit the mould are ones who are wearing blinkers such as yourself who quote the second line and rest who have quoted the first. The other lines will come in time.

I have nothing to hate about united. Just the way the club has been run and how KM has destroyed the club I love. Like most Blade fans

I know lots of Blades fans. Thanfully, you aren't like any of them.

UTB

unless it says Montgomery presumably

>KMac, whilst having some quality attributes and undoubtedly being a good player, is capable of playing crap and has done numerous times this season.
presumably when he's being double marked ie usually

unless it says Montgomery presumably

Not at all.

>KMac, whilst having some quality attributes and undoubtedly being a good player, is capable of playing crap and has done numerous times this season.
presumably when he's being double marked ie usually

It's not just being doubled up on, I've seen him, under no pressure play a simple ball or two straight to an opponent. Just because it's KMac, doesn't mean he's incapable of having a poor game without making excuses for him.

Not at all.

It's not just being doubled up on, I've seen him, under no pressure play a simple ball or two straight to an opponent. Just because it's KMac, doesn't mean he's incapable of having a poor game without making excuses for him.
Probably because he's not being paid as much this year as he was last year and can't be arsed!

Back
Top Bottom