last 180 minutes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

wadblade

Reaction score
My observations last 180minutes

Looking at the team Saturday and noting that only two of our summer signing made it to the starting eleven and one of those was the worst player on the pitch shows how bad our management team is. Especially when you compare it to the signing Luton and Burnley signed in the summer

Also retaining Fleck and Norwood [ I like Norwood he has been a good servant to the club but his memory will be soured by his futile efforts this season too far] who struggled in the championship rather than spending the money on Doyle looks almost like sabotage

Then on Saturday having Fleck in the squad never mind the starting eleven then you have to question Heckingbottom’s judgement motives.

Some thoughts on the players

Wes was at fault for the 2nd and 4th goal plus last week does he need a rest

Thomas he should not be starting for ours and his sake

Ahmy are you seriously saying he is an upgrade on Egan?

When talking about changing managers I keep thinking of Norwich with their German manager got them promoted twice. Then they sacked him, and where are they now bottom half of the championship. While the manager is at Leeds who are playing their best football for years

However given the last two displays I think we need a reboot but god knows which competent manager would want to join us and have their reputation ruined

Hecky said he wanted some experience in the team yesterday, so that's why Fleck got the nod. The only experience he can bring is how to be a busted flush and shadow of a once good player, and how to be a useless turd for the last three and half years. Still, we gave him a new deal last summer despite that, so all those out of contract in the summer must be feeling optimistic about a new deal despite playing this badly. Giving him a new deal was baffling. Starting him in a must win game was just pure madness. Hecky has his favourites and he will never drop them.

Hecky said he wanted some experience in the team yesterday, so that's why Fleck got the nod. The only experience he can bring is how to be a busted flush and shadow of a once good player, and how to be a useless turd for the last three and half years. Still, we gave him a new deal last summer despite that, so all those out of contract in the summer must be feeling optimistic about a new deal despite playing this badly. Giving him a new deal was baffling. Starting him in a must win game was just pure madness. Hecky has his favourites and he will never drop them.
Unfortunately it looks like Wilders golden boys will be with us until retirement.

Unfortunately it looks like Wilders golden boys will be with us until retirement.
My biggest fear for next season isn't who's in charge and who will we bring in. It's which of the current players out of contract next summer will be given new deals. We have a chance to reduce the squad size to 22 and reduce the wage bill in getting rid of a lot of unreliable, inconsistent players and players who should've been replaced years ago. But I fear the likes of McBurnie, Norwood and Osborn will be given new deals. A few weeks ago I said I'd only offer new deals to Baldock, Wes and Norrington-Davies. Now my list has changed to just Norrington-Davies, so long as he's not Jack O'Connell the second.

Wilders golden boys as you call them we're recruited over 6 transfer windows ago. Despite numerous incoming players in that period for some reason they are still playing???
I'd say Wilders recruitment has been proven to be better than the last 2 managers on the evidence.

The only team Fleck should be anywhere near is a pub quiz team and then only to be the one who goes to the bar to get the drinks.

My observations last 180minutes

Looking at the team Saturday and noting that only two of our summer signing made it to the starting eleven and one of those was the worst player on the pitch shows how bad our management team is. Especially when you compare it to the signing Luton and Burnley signed in the summer

Also retaining Fleck and Norwood [ I like Norwood he has been a good servant to the club but his memory will be soured by his futile efforts this season too far] who struggled in the championship rather than spending the money on Doyle looks almost like sabotage

Then on Saturday having Fleck in the squad never mind the starting eleven then you have to question Heckingbottom’s judgement motives.

Some thoughts on the players

Wes was at fault for the 2nd and 4th goal plus last week does he need a rest

Thomas he should not be starting for ours and his sake

Ahmy are you seriously saying he is an upgrade on Egan?

When talking about changing managers I keep thinking of Norwich with their German manager got them promoted twice. Then they sacked him, and where are they now bottom half of the championship. While the manager is at Leeds who are playing their best football for years

However given the last two displays I think we need a reboot but god knows which competent manager would want to join us and have their reputation ruined
..a manager without any reputation yet ?

Wilders golden boys as you call them we're recruited over 6 transfer windows ago. Despite numerous incoming players in that period for some reason they are still playing???
I'd say Wilders recruitment has been proven to be better than the last 2 managers on the evidence.
You're right. Thank god for Brewster, Burke and Mcburnie ripping it up in the front......

Flecky { great servant to the club } was given a new deal at Heckys insistance , he wanted to keep billy as well and possible Enda ,
Fleck wasnt good enough in our second season in the Prem , so 3 years later would he be any better
As soon as i saw the team I thought is he trying to lose his job his tactical awareness is shit as is his team selection as the last 2 weeks have shown

Flecky { great servant to the club } was given a new deal at Heckys insistance , he wanted to keep billy as well and possible Enda ,
Fleck wasnt good enough in our second season in the Prem , so 3 years later would he be any better
As soon as i saw the team I thought is he trying to lose his job his tactical awareness is shit as is his team selection as the last 2 weeks have shown
That's when I knew we were going to be doomed this season. Fleck has been garbage for three and a half years, Enda was also garbage for three and a half years with a few good games here and there. Basham was largely ineffective last season and clearly past his prime. Billy was also past his prime and largely ineffective last season and didn't do anything in two seasons in the Premier League, story of his career sadly, a great Championship striker but never a Premier League striker. In four seasons Ben Osborn has never managed to cement a regular place in the starting line up.

Hecky wanted to give all of these players new contracts. The worse part for me is that if he had they would all be starting and I don't think things would be any better than they are now. As soon as I saw he'd offered new deals to Basham, Fleck and Osborn and tried to retain Billy, I knew we were in for a crap relegation fight. How crap we actually are I didn't see coming.

He's shown it time and time again that he has his favourite players who are undroppable as far as he is concerned. When we went through the 8 game winless streak last season there were a number of players out of form letting us down every game. Hecky just kept picking them all the time and they kept serving up the same crappy performances. Even then Hecky would sub off a player playing well for Osborn or someone else equally baffling.

He has too much faith in the old guard and his favourite players.

That's when I knew we were going to be doomed this season. Fleck has been garbage for three and a half years, Enda was also garbage for three and a half years with a few good games here and there. Basham was largely ineffective last season and clearly past his prime. Billy was also past his prime and largely ineffective last season and didn't do anything in two seasons in the Premier League, story of his career sadly, a great Championship striker but never a Premier League striker. In four seasons Ben Osborn has never managed to cement a regular place in the starting line up.

Hecky wanted to give all of these players new contracts. The worse part for me is that if he had they would all be starting and I don't think things would be any better than they are now. As soon as I saw he'd offered new deals to Basham, Fleck and Osborn and tried to retain Billy, I knew we were in for a crap relegation fight. How crap we actually are I didn't see coming.

He's shown it time and time again that he has his favourite players who are undroppable as far as he is concerned. When we went through the 8 game winless streak last season there were a number of players out of form letting us down every game. Hecky just kept picking them all the time and they kept serving up the same crappy performances. Even then Hecky would sub off a player playing well for Osborn or someone else equally baffling.

He has too much faith in the old guard and his favourite players.
You forgot Norwood!

Back
Top Bottom