CONFIRMED Hecky Sacked

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Feel for him massively and wish him the best but it's the right decision. He's done a great job for 1 and half seasons with an absent owner who stabbed him in the back this year. The change was needed however cause no matter how poor the team is, you can't lose 5-0 and 3-1 back to back to your closest relegation rivals.
spot on mate i feel for him to but i also feel for the guy that will replace him to . Hecky performed miracles to get the club up besides having to deal with all the shit from above .Without promotion God knows what would have happened to the club with out the prem cash . I wonder who the next lamb to the slaughter will be ?

Don't understand these comments.
The Prince is doing exactly what the majority of the fans want, so surely this is a good owner who listens?

Up until last week, most fans were still in full support of Hecky and didn't want him sacking.
I'm been saying for 12 months, he's at best, average but very likeable.
It seems alot of fans have used the "nice man" factor to want him to remain until next season.

Also unlike in the past, we've rarely sold any of our best players since the Prince has been in charge.
That was the reason we entered an embargo because we DIDN'T sell our better players, like we should have.

Also the replacements have all been very good,

Fodderingham for Ramsdale, when Ramsdale was here, he was surprisingly poor, at the time great business to sell (no loss).
Hamer for Berge, Hamer is probably the better player, so that might be an upgrade (at the time no loss)
Archer for N'Diaye, Archer is a quality player but N'Diaye was our main point of attack and our only chance to score (agree that was a massive loss, although N'Diaye has looked really poor at Marseille, so in restrospect receiving 18 million for him might be a great deal)
Blame Hecky for being over reliant on one player, without N'Diaye we don't have any tactics to score.

Also unlike in the past, we refused to sell anyone on the cheap.
All 3 players wanted to leave, Ramsdale and N'Diaye were desperate to leave immediately with N'Diaye even being offered a massive payrise.
Where as Berge wanted to stay for 1 year to run down his contract, so he could then leave on a free.
We could have easily found ourselves in a John Lundstam situation with all 3 players downing tools, if we kept them against their wishes.
So at least the club has shown it's learnt from the past.

In the circumstances, all 3 sales had validity from a business and arguably football point of view.

Majority of fans want?

Full support?

Stopped reading.

If Wilder does come back, i'm hoping it's like Bournemouth with Eddie Howe.
He left for Burnley after building Bournemouth from the bottom and into League 1 promotion contenders.
He couldn't get a tune out of Burnley (as Wilder couldn't at Boro or Watford), then he went back to Bournemouth and carried them forward once more, pulling them into the PL and making them what they are today.

Some managers just "suit" certain clubs.

Wilder wouldn't be my choice, but if it is him. That's my hope 👆

Don't understand these comments.
The Prince is doing exactly what the majority of the fans want, so surely this is a good owner who listens?

Up until last week, most fans were still in full support of Hecky and didn't want him sacking.
I'm been saying for 12 months, he's at best, average but very likeable.
It seems alot of fans have used the "nice man" factor to want him to remain until next season.

Also unlike in the past, we've rarely sold any of our best players since the Prince has been in charge.
That was the reason we entered an embargo because we DIDN'T sell our better players, like we should have.

Also the replacements have all been very good,

Fodderingham for Ramsdale, when Ramsdale was here, he was surprisingly poor, at the time great business to sell (no loss).
Hamer for Berge, Hamer is probably the better player, so that might be an upgrade (at the time no loss)
Archer for N'Diaye, Archer is a quality player but N'Diaye was our main point of attack and our only chance to score (agree that was a massive loss, although N'Diaye has looked really poor at Marseille, so in restrospect receiving 18 million for him might be a great deal)
Blame Hecky for being over reliant on one player, without N'Diaye we don't have any tactics to score.

Also unlike in the past, we refused to sell anyone on the cheap.
All 3 players wanted to leave, Ramsdale and N'Diaye were desperate to leave immediately with N'Diaye even being offered a massive payrise.
Where as Berge wanted to stay for 1 year to run down his contract, so he could then leave on a free.
We could have easily found ourselves in a John Lundstam situation with all 3 players downing tools, if we kept them against their wishes.
So at least the club has shown it's learnt from the past.

In the circumstances, all 3 sales had validity from a business and arguably football point of view.
NO - We went into an embargo because money was used for other parts of 'United World' instead of us

I reckon few reasons.

2. We are probably the highest ranked club currently interested in employing him right now. Because of course his rep has taken a knock since that last season with us.

No probably about it. No other Premier League club would consider him, neither would any Championship club with the exception of maybe Rotherham. Most Division One clubs would be having a long think as well.

I bet he can't believe his luck. Getting paid millions to leave last time and getting millions more to return with the prospect of millions more again when he leaves. Not a bad little earner.

Only United could consider this a good idea.

Last week I were firmly hecky out and wilder nowhere near. But… BRING ON THE WILDERFEST!

We might get a short term bounce with Wilder and as long as we get over the magic 11 points then it's a milestone hit if nothing else. I'm happy to be wrong but based on his last two appointments and his last season with us, Chris Wilder isn't the man for the job. He is the only man who will take it because it's his club and he's out of work and lets face it, nobody else would be mad enough to do it without any sort of emotional connection to the club.

Poor old Hecky, while out of his depth at this level, has been sold down the river by the Prince, selling his best players and replacing them with a bunch of random foreigners who aren't close to being good enough.

He got us up when we would otherwise be looking at the bottom of the Championship instead of the Premier League so there is that small crumb of comfort that it could be even worse and that, in one sense, he can hold his head up high and that he overcame the odds last season for us to even be here.

What we can't forgive is the utter shit show we've seen ever since, pretty much the loss at Spurs when we had the game in the bag, to throw it away and follow it with the 8-0. Wolves should have acted as a catalyst to improve and instead, we've taken another 2 steps back in games that even at this early stage, are absolutely crucial and the staff and the players absolutely bottled it. I could take losing but to put in the performances that we did is unforgiveable and its ultimately up to Hecky to make sure the players are prepared and up for the challenge - and they weren't.

Well said mattbianco1. I never took against Wilder for the way he left like some did - a lot of people went through some shit that year and weren't thinking straight at the time, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. For me he should never have left in the first place and if he's going to succeed again anywhere it'll be here. If he fails he'll probably retire, but at least he won't have unfinished business.

This is it summed up, 100% correct.

Wilder is not the right choice though. We need new, fresh ideas. Basically we need a Slav type but that would involve backing him financially to overhaul the squad and the systems, while Wilder is the cheap option who wont be looking to change much.

The Prince has already said we have limited finances, so there won't be any massive expenditure and also there's little incentive for long term future planning, that would be the task for the new owners.

Another point, is that when ever we've show ambition regards managers and gone for a sexy name or someone highly rated.
It's alway failed, in fact the fans have never really took to that new manager.
Example of ambition were the Brian Robson/ Brian Kidd dream team, Nigel Adkins and Slav Jukanovic.

Wilder might not be the right choice for the long term (I have doubts) but he's the best (and possibly only) choice for the show term.
I've no doubt we'll very quickly improve under Wilder and would easily better Derby record. Still think we'd be relegated but at least we'll be completive, look organised, have a plan to score goals, look motivated and try to win. He'll also galvanise the fans base and knows why we want. Don't mind losing, don't mind being relegated but not like this, we've given up and become a laughing stock. Wilder changes this.

That spell of 4 years is probably the greatest run (achievement) of any manager in our history.
To take a team from the bottom of league 1 to a few years later in connection for a Champions League spot,
think at one point we were 6 points behind 4th with a game in hand.

Cheltenham Town are currently bottom of league 1, imagine a manager going there and 4 years later they were challenging for a European spot. No one would ever believe it, seems impossible.

So we do know anything is possible with Wilder, he can perform miracles, at least we'd have hope.

I reckon few reasons.

1. He's made up with Prince now
2. We are probably the highest ranked club currently interested in employing him right now. Because of course his rep has taken a knock since that last season with us.
3. It's a challenge, and perhaps that's not a bad thing.
4. He is a blade afterall, and I'd hope he feels unfinished business is on his mind.
He's a Blade! And that's all what matters to some of our fans, what a fucking sad state of affairs.

Stupid woman pundit on Sky Sports says benefit of Wilder appointment would be that it would immediately galvanise the fan base, wtf, she’s getting paid for spouting that crap.
Wilder appointment has sent the forum into for and against meltdown.
Did she also claim PA had given United World all the money?

He should have gone after Newcastle

Agree but most of our fans wanted Hecky to remain, at the time I thought "you reap what you sow", so blame the fans.

You can accuse the Prince of several things but he has a track record of listening to the fans.
Whilst a manager is supported then he'll keep them in charge.
However once there's fan discontent, then he'll look to act.
Obviously we can't just sack Hecky, we need to make sure we have a replacement lined up.

If Wilder does come back, i'm hoping it's like Bournemouth with Eddie Howe.
He left for Burnley after building Bournemouth from the bottom and into League 1 promotion contenders.
He couldn't get a tune out of Burnley (as Wilder couldn't at Boro or Watford), then he went back to Bournemouth and carried them forward once more, pulling them into the PL and making them what they are today.

Some managers just "suit" certain clubs.

Wilder wouldn't be my choice, but if it is him. That's my hope 👆
So what you’re saying is, Wilder to Newcastle in 2027?

Wait! WHAT?! I don't believe you!

WOW! Who could have seen THAT coming?
Well you do know who the person was who mentioned Wilder had made up with the Prince and had meetings and that he would manage for the Prince again? This was before the news broke that they had made up… you do also know when you were on about a change in manager way back the first poster who said to you Wilder?

Thankyou ❤️

Back
Top Bottom