CONFIRMED Hecky Sacked

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yep, shame cos all the male pundits are really knowledgeable and always get everything right.
Er no they dont but they have been there and experienced the prem league . Can not see the point having so called "Experts "commenting when they have not experienced what they are talking about . Now I like watching women's football but it's different to mens soccer and better in a lot of ways then guy's footy and not as much play acting and cheats but its not as quick and not as hard it is different in a lot of ways . I will now step back wait for the flack but i stand by what I say . I will watch it and it's entertaining so we should enjoy it before cash spoils it .

I’d just get a caretaker in to try and soften the blow and allow us to vacate the league with a bit more dignity. This is the first time in my life I’ve ever felt embarrassed being a Blade. Yeah every club has had bad seasons but SUFC seem to excel at the art of being wank.
"Defensive coach Mark Hudson will take charge on a temporary basis until the summer when a permanent successor can be found", that sort of thing?

The Blades i know, both on here and who go to matches are pretty universal in their stance on Wilder. Great guy, love what he did for us, but his ego got way out of control after the 9th in the PL season and then he couldn't compute what was happening when the going got tough and in the end he'd lost the plot.

My personal view is, if he's figured out how to keep that ego in check and how to manage when things aren't going well, developed some emotional intelligence, then there's half a chance.

If he starts talking about Playstation managers and players who think they're better than they are, we're all fucked....

My experience of good football managers is that they are almost all ego maniacs who could be accurately described as "a bit of a cu*t" based on the way they project themselves. They're our cu*t for as long as they're here.It takes a special type of personality and ego to have the effrontery to even do the job in the first place imo. Imagine thinking you are capable of managing Sheff United?! Micky Adams never thought he could; David Weir sounded like he'd rather be anywhere else. Warnock, Bassett and Wilder assumed the role like a King takes the throne.

Wilder was no different the day he was sacked than the days we were going up the league imo. The good and the bad are all part of it.

I worry that he's burnt out, that he can't work with the owner (and vice versa), that our recruitment policy/finances are shit, rather than whether Wilder has the personality to progress us. I'd chuck Knill into the equation: he was part of the ying and yang, good cop bad cop that provided the balance in the managerial alchemy. I'll be more concerned if he's not part of that mixture.

Last edited:
My experience of good football managers is that they are almost all ego maniacs who could be accurately described as "a bit of a cu*t" based on the way they project themselves. They're our cu*t for as long as they're here.It takes a special type of personality and ego to have the effrontery to even do the job in the first place imo. Imagine thinking you are capable of managing Sheff United. Micky Adams never thought he could; David Weir sounded like he'd rather be anywhere else. Warnock, Bassett and Wilder assumed the role like a King takes the throne.

Wilder was no different the day he was sacked than the days we were going up the league imo. The good and the bad are all part of it.

I worry that he's burnt out, that he can't work with the owner (and vice versa), that our recruitment policy/finances are shit, rather than whether Wilder has the personality to progress us. I'd chuck Knill into the equation: he was part of the ying and yang, good cop bad cop that provided the balance in the managerial alchemy. I'll be more concerned if he's not part of that mixture.
Absolutely spot on. I'd also argue it requires an unrelenting intensity and once that goes, the spiral gets out of control pretty quickly.

Being a cnut is undoubtedly a major part of it, but the managers with tenure who manage to ride out the dips in form, are the ones who can curb that when they have to.

Blaming leftie playstation managers (although in itself is cunty behaviour) isn't the response of a person who's fully in charge of their cognitive actions!!

Just hope this time he's got a grip on when to go in, and when to screw the nut and remain quiet.

The inevitable has happened. Personally lost me after the 8-0 dross and his post match interview. However I will say thanks to Hecky for taking on the job when Chris left. He got us promoted and that's all he could have possibly done. It's sad how it's ended however wish him all the best for the future.

Is Chris the answer long term? Unsure. However with the player contract situation that's impending on us, I think it's too much of an ask to bring someone completely new into the club and push for another promotion charge next season if we do go down. You'd be asking someone to quickly understand the clubs DNA and build a pretty much whole new team. With Chris he already understands everything about us. One thing we do know is passion will be put into that badge, which is all I want. UTB

Listening to talkSPORT now, PA has apparently told them he made the decision to sack Hecky after the previous 2 games and is confident Wilder is the man for the job.... How on earth has that happened without official club comms??

Listening to talkSPORT now, PA has apparently told them he made the decision to sack Hecky after the previous 2 games and is confident Wilder is the man for the job.... How on earth has that happened without official club comms??
Honestly how the fuck have we managed to be this disorganised that we can't even announce a fucking sacking right

Talksport seem to be his go to. He's probably giving them this exclusive in return for favourable coverage in the future

Could he just have rang the head of communications or whatever its called at the club before hand and just said "look I'm going on talkshite in 5 minutes. As soon as I announce hecky is gone press the send button on all the socials."

Not hard is it to look slightly organised

Shock horror Prince goes on radio and says heckys gone and wilder in and fan disappointed he did not post it on twitter or X first
Fuck all to do with Twitter. It's the lack of a statement put out to media and simultaneously released on club website, which would be the standard way of doing things.

Club website still looks like this:

1701778032323.png

Fuck all to do with Twitter. It's the lack of a statement put out to media and simultaneously released on club website, which would be the standard way of doing things.

Club website still looks like this:

View attachment 175715
Will a statement let you know anymore than you all ready do ,Hecky gone wilder in we all knew this yesterday

Will a statement let you know anymore than you all ready do ,Hecky gone wilder in we all knew this yesterday
On it's own, it's unprofessional but not the end of the world. But everything we do is unprofessional. Looks like an absolute clown show where nobody is even 100% sure who's responsible for what

Talksport seem to be his go to. He's probably giving them this exclusive in return for favourable coverage in the future
strange conclusion to draw on considering simon jordan went in on him almost instantaneously

Back
Top Bottom