CONFIRMED Hecky Sacked

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If he is using not retaining players who were blatantly not good enough for the Championship as an excuse for why we are not doing it in the Premier League then I don't know what to say

Talk spo
If Wilder get the job, I can see Billy Sharp heading back , and saving the club from going down. That what could well happen.
That would be a spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down and a shrewd move from Wilder.

I do feel sorry for Heckingbottom. I can fully understand the "I can walk out of here with my head held high" comment because he's probably saying "Despite all the crap behind the scenes I know I've done my best" and to be honest that's all anyone can ask.

If your best isn't good enough then it's up to the hierarchy above to decide whether to change. Sounds like they have but the surprising thing is that it's come this late.
I suppose the Wolves win and Brighton draw may have come at a good/bad time for this to happen.

He's definitely been dealt a bad hand by the Prince, and it's testament to him that he got us up last season and on the face of it carried on this season.
If Hecky is ever given the chance to write or talk about his time here I reckon there will be some real eye-opening moments.

But there are aspects of our play this season which no matter what quality you have on the pitch shouldn't be happening. And that is down to the management team to address. The injury situation will be an interesting one to monitor now too, will we start to see less injuries pile up?

If it's Wilder then we have to hope he's got his mojo back. We need to start trying different things too.
Whoever it is needs to instill a "us against the world" attitude again. Something that seems to have gone this season.
If Sander and Illi had been sold in January we wouldn’t have gone up. However we didn’t and that squad was good enough to -
Put any average coach / manager with an understanding of the system in charge they’d have got us up
And we might not have had two years of injuries like we have

I don't believe he will be sacked. We're gonna get relegated whoever is in charge and so why would PA pay several million in severance and then pay an incoming manager as well.

The net result will still be relegation but at a cost of an additional 4-5 million.

An owner who cared about the club, and the humiliation/slatings that we are getting may choose to incur those costs to protect their asset, but I don't think we have such an owner.

He's been sacked

Feel for him massively and wish him the best but it's the right decision. He's done a great job for 1 and half seasons with an absent owner who stabbed him in the back this year. The change was needed however cause no matter how poor the team is, you can't lose 5-0 and 3-1 back to back to your closest relegation rivals.

Let me get this straight.

We’re sacking the manager who’s overseen the second worst start to a Premier League season ever.

And replacing him with the manager who has overseen the worst start to a Premier League season ever?

Sounds like a great way to run a club.
Blades init

All talk of disaster next season are a bit premature new manager a squad of players who really have been totally thrown in at the deep end I'm talking of the recruits who have totally lost there way.
There is quality in there ! Some rubbish as always with a new group.Whoever gets the nod he will have good players to work with !needing some support from the owner.
Some teams look dire when players have lost beleaf in the manager a fresh start with a new one can make a big difference

GLTTL he did get shafted by the board in his defence but has not made the most of the players he has who are capable of performing much better than they have done recently.

If it’s Wilder. I’m somewhat neutral. There’s pro’s and cons.

Pros

1. He’s not a terrible manager, you’re not a flukey manager to do what he did with us. Dragged from a similar place and got us to the PL where we were on course for Europe before an unprecedented mess.
  2. We look more of a joined up team, we look fitter, more determined and the players are know what they’re doing.
  3. He’s old-school but adds in the sports science aspect, so moves with modern times.
  4. Works better on a budget.
  5. Isn’t a yes man.
  6. Bladey Blade.
  7. Knows the players.

Cons

1. Is he still the stubborn, mardy bastard he was circa 2021?
  2. Failed in his last two jobs.
  3. Doesn’t have faith in youth.
  4. Shit with big money signings
  5. Sentimental appointment, is he a stop gap or are we going back in time?
  6. Do the players still like him after last time?

If he’s here till the end of the season then i’m for it. But if he’s the answer going forward, i’d be pissed off. We need a fresh start, a young manager and to blood in the promising youth. Arblaster, Marsh, Osula, Brooks etc.
Missed…. 7. Doesn’t want foreign players putting him at odds with half the players still standing

Heckys race is run, sadly.

Excellent record for first 2 seasons. Yes we had a good squad, but you’ve still got to walk the walk.

Premier League is a completely different ball game. Sadly he’s been unable to adapt tactically and the nail in the coffin has been the inability to motivate the players.

Whilst he’s been dealt a dud hand with transfers, he’s clearly not been able to make the most of it.

Goes with no ill will and thanks for the good times.

At this point any change in management and we can’t not improve.

Is Wilder the right move? No idea.

He lost his mojo when COVID hit and his relationship soured with the owner. Fans are back and he’s seemingly repaired his relationship. All we can hope is that he’s learnt from his mistakes and comes back a better man for it.

Fans need to back him, and let bygones be bygones. New manager bounce leads to us scraping a win or two early and suddenly we back in a dog fight. Or at the very least get some self respect back and go down with a bit of pride in the shirt.

Just had the notification from Sky: "Heckingbottom expected to be sacked today".

Deservedly sacked unfortunately, completely out his depth in this division tactically & game management. The injuries have been an issue since he joined. He will however go down as one of the few managers a lot of us have seen gain promotion & we he will always be held in high regard by the fans because of this
This is it summed up, 100% correct.

Wilder is not the right choice though. We need new, fresh ideas. Basically we need a Slav type but that would involve backing him financially to overhaul the squad and the systems, while Wilder is the cheap option who wont be looking to change much.

Wilder in.
Then when he clears off, get Hecky back.
Clown Prince.
Shambles of a club selling our best players and replacing them with shite.

Don't understand these comments.
The Prince is doing exactly what the majority of the fans want, so surely this is a good owner who listens?

Up until last week, most fans were still in full support of Hecky and didn't want him sacking.
I'm been saying for 12 months, he's at best, average but very likeable.
It seems alot of fans have used the "nice man" factor to want him to remain until next season.

Also unlike in the past, we've rarely sold any of our best players since the Prince has been in charge.
That was the reason we entered an embargo because we DIDN'T sell our better players, like we should have.

Also the replacements have all been very good,

Fodderingham for Ramsdale, when Ramsdale was here, he was surprisingly poor, at the time great business to sell (no loss).
Hamer for Berge, Hamer is probably the better player, so that might be an upgrade (at the time no loss)
Archer for N'Diaye, Archer is a quality player but N'Diaye was our main point of attack and our only chance to score (agree that was a massive loss, although N'Diaye has looked really poor at Marseille, so in restrospect receiving 18 million for him might be a great deal)
Blame Hecky for being over reliant on one player, without N'Diaye we don't have any tactics to score.

Also unlike in the past, we refused to sell anyone on the cheap.
All 3 players wanted to leave, Ramsdale and N'Diaye were desperate to leave immediately with N'Diaye even being offered a massive payrise.
Where as Berge wanted to stay for 1 year to run down his contract, so he could then leave on a free.
We could have easily found ourselves in a John Lundstam situation with all 3 players downing tools, if we kept them against their wishes.
So at least the club has shown it's learnt from the past.

In the circumstances, all 3 sales had validity from a business and arguably football point of view.

Back
Top Bottom