CONFIRMED Harry Maguire - Signed for Hull City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I reckon England's dismal performance in the World Cup is only adding to Harry's value.
After all, who will be England's choice for centre back in the next World Cup? Errr. Candidates don't exactly leap out at you, do they? Forget Wolves or Hull, I think he'd benefit from moving to one of the top six for oooh seven or eight or ten million. ;):rolleyes:
Jones, Caulker, Stones, Moore, Smalling would be 5 off the top of my head all with more experience at a higher level.

Report (ha) in the Sheffield Telegraph this morning that Hull have said they're refusing to budge on the 1.5m + 500k and have issued an ultimatum.

Good. Do one.

This is an interesting tidbit though...

However, this newspaper understands that the defender, who has made 166 appearances for the South Yorkshire club since progressing through the ranks three years ago, also attracted Fulham’s interest before the Londoners were relegated to the Championship in May.

Although the exact details of the approach Bramall Lane’s hierarchy received remain a closely guarded secret, it is understood their counterparts at Craven Cottage were prepared to offer a six figure sum for Maguire and another Redtooth Academy graduate.

Sounds like our dream deal! Who do we reckon they wanted along with Harry? Diego?

Report (ha) in the Sheffield Telegraph this morning that Hull have said they're refusing to budge on the 1.5m + 500k and have issued an ultimatum.

Good. Do one.

This is an interesting tidbit though...
Although the exact details of the approach Bramall Lane’s hierarchy received remain a closely guarded secret, it is understood their counterparts at Craven Cottage were prepared to offer a six figure sum for Maguire and another Redtooth Academy graduate.

Sounds like our dream deal! Who do we reckon they wanted along with Harry? Diego?

Six??? Fucking SIX???

Lots of paper talk rubbish at the moment. As it stands the club have received bids that do not match our valuation. Until we do he is not going anywhere. Lets hope he does stay, but if more clubs come into the mix then it will only mean that we will stand a better chance of getting the amount the club values him at. The other side is that we make sure we negotiate a very healthy sell-on clause too, if he does go.

Tribal football.com reporting that Leicester are offering £2m. I don't particularly want him to go, but a bidding war is exactly what we want. Get the price ramped up. If these clubs want him that badly, then they can pay through the nose.

Harry would be better off going to Leicester than either Hull or Wolves in my opinion. That's if he really wants to test himself and it's not all about the money.

Reading the report this morning in The Star and if it's to be believed, United look to have a value of somewhere between £3.5m - £4m on Harry's head

Obviously, any settlement figure would be less due to the usual bargaining between clubs:

"As The Star revealed yesterday, City have assembled a £2m package in an attempt to lure the former England under-21 international away from Bramall Lane.

But, with sources at the KC Stadium claiming that United are demanding nearly double that "

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/shef...wolves-and-tigers-dig-in-over-harry-1-6691181

I love the phrase 'dig in'. It means that at that price they won't be buying him, surely it is the Blades who are 'dug in'. Also the quote, 'a squad player'. So for HM it's a choice if be rich and develop and, possibly, increase your value, or be mega rich and don't play.

I love the phrase 'dig in'. It means that at that price they won't be buying him, surely it is the Blades who are 'dug in'. Also the quote, 'a squad player'. So for HM it's a choice if be rich and develop and, possibly, increase your value, or be mega rich and don't play.

Reports have suggested that if he re-signs with us he'll be up there, if not, the highest earner. That won't be peanuts so for the sake of 12 months, he may as well stay, potentially have a great season with us and actually achieve something he's been fighting for. He's got plenty of time to move on and test himself higher up whether or not if it goes pear shaped this with us season.

The BBC gossip column is reporting that Hull have opened talks with Tottenham over a £4m deal for 30 year old Michael Dawson.

I'm sure we all wish them well with that.

Last edited:
Hull and wolves have been told in no uncertain terms to stop it with the derisory bids,now how good does that sound for us blades.We finally have a backbone.

Exactly.

Pay what we want or fuck off!

It takes some getting used to does this. By now in previous pre-seasons, he'd have left for a fiver and a muti-pack of Topic!

A bid of £3m would still get him, but most Blades would see that as good business. What a difference

Hull and wolves have been told in no uncertain terms to stop it with the derisory bids,now how good does that sound for us blades.We finally have a backbone.

I skimmed that article and one about the "Brayford blow". I could be wrong, but I skimmed for quotation marks in the article and didn't find any. I also skimmed for the words 'a source inside/ close to the club...' And I didn't find that.

I'd read the previous article which stated that hull will be making a second, increased bid... But as far as United we're concerned, ie Clough in a direct interview on sheffutube, we'd received two bids from wolves, both rejected. Hull hadn't actually mad a bid, just enquired about Harry.

So it seems that the star and other media outlets are whip in up their own storm.

Of course if there is something to back up the articles which I've missed then I'm happy to be proved wrong, as I said I skimmed the articles for credibility

I skimmed that article and one about the "Brayford blow". I could be wrong, but I skimmed for quotation marks in the article and didn't find any. I also skimmed for the words 'a source inside/ close to the club...' And I didn't find that.

Am I right in saying if they don't close the quotation that it isn't actually a real quote?? Or is it that, they have amended it in some way?

i.e. "Harry Maguire will leave

News papers do it all the time, open a sentence with marks but don't close it. Only certain sentences have marks at the beginning and the end.

Am I right in saying if they don't close the quotation that it isn't actually a real quote?? Or is it that, they have amended it in some way?

i.e. "Harry Maguire will leave

News papers do it all the time, open a sentence with marks but don't close it. Only certain sentences have marks at the beginning and the end.

Always thought quotation marks came in pairs...but, you might be right, it could well be journo's slang for "making it up...

I'd read the previous article which stated that hull will be making a second, increased bid... But as far as United we're concerned, ie Clough in a direct interview on sheffutube, we'd received two bids from wolves, both rejected. Hull hadn't actually mad a bid, just enquired about Harry.

So it seems that the star and other media outlets are whip in up their own storm.

Of course if there is something to back up the articles which I've missed then I'm happy to be proved wrong, as I said I skimmed the articles for credibility

Jags to Man U, Harry to Everton - watch this space

Rumour that Fulham preparing a bid now.

They seem to have money to throw around.

I guess we'll find out how much Harry wants to leave. I mean...Fulham...:rolleyes:

And we keep hearing that he's such a home bird. Will he want to live in that London?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom