CONFIRMED Harry Maguire - Signed for Hull City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SwitchBLADE Smiles

Reaction score
Afternoon blades. Rumour doing the rounds today about our Harry, is that he has rejected a contract from Wolves & has instead signed a 3 year deal with United!

Superb news if true.

Source - his twitter account! (allegedly)

UTB

Or....his hacked twitter account which is why he has now protected it....?

And two Harry threads,,getting a bit Cheddish

Pretty sure that account is genuine, but he doesnt use it very often. He tends to go on Instagram more. I think it's been protected for a while as well.

All the rumours are he is staying, so this is encouraging, but will wait for.something official before I get too exited.

Afternoon blades. Rumour doing the rounds today about our Harry, is that he has rejected a contract from Wolves & has instead signed a 3 year deal with United!

Superb news if true.

Source - his twitter account! (allegedly)

UTB
Wether or not HM has twitter. Different football related transfer pages on twitter, skybet championship transfer news ect, are trending in sheffield and they are saying that he has turned down wolves for LEAGUE ONE club sheff united and has signed a three year contract. It all looks very legitimate to me anyway.

Wolves fans are gutted lol

Bit bitter also...

EDIT: sortin' me grammar out

Wether or not HM has twitter. Different football related transfer pages on twitter, skybet championship transfer news ect, are trending in sheffield and they are saying that he has turned down wolves for LEAGUE ONE club sheff united and has signed a three year contract. It all looks very legitimate to me anyway.

Wolves fans are gutted lol

Bit bitter also...

EDIT: sortin' me grammar out

Not all of it. ;)

Pretty sure Harry doesn't have twitter does he?

He used to but he took it down after one of the Sheffield derbies. He was taking a fair bit of grief from some pig fans and started giving some back. I think he removed the account before he got in bother.

I don't often bash the club, but the complete silence regarding this really is quite worrying.

All it takes is one quick tweet from Jim or a statement on the OS either saying that a bid has been rejected or that a bid hasn't been lodged and the panic will instantly die down; instead they've just chosen to remain completely silent while the rumours continue to gather pace at an alarming rate.

I just hope we get some resolution to all this sooner rather than later.

from a respected BM poster who gets bits and pieces:

"As has now been revealed this is a spoof account. My source has told me Utd players are banned from using social media, to discuss ongoing events appertaining to the football club. However the club are still confident he will remain a Blade, and yes, a bid has been made by Wolves, and theres even a whisper of a second bid from a Championship club."

I don't often bash the club, but the complete silence regarding this really is quite worrying.

All it takes is one quick tweet from Jim or a statement on the OS either saying that a bid has been rejected or that a bid hasn't been lodged and the panic will instantly die down; instead they've just chosen to remain completely silent while the rumours continue to gather pace at an alarming rate.

There's an interview with Nigel where he says no official bids have been made and it's all just media rumours on Blades Player

There's an interview with Nigel where he says no official bids have been made and it's all just media rumours on Blades Player

So they have received unofficial bids - that tells me.
It's a real test of the new found resolve at the club, this is. If he does go then it will be a sure sign that nothing has fundamentally changed. Well, we can only leave it in Nigel's hands - he knows the budget he can work to and if it's worth it.

I think it's good business sense to me. We wouldn't want other clubs jumping on the band wago if they new Wolves had made a bid.

I wonder what the significance of chasing Butler might be? As he's not yet been confirmed, and there's a deathly hush surrounding Harry, it crossed my mind that if Butler does sign for the Blades, will Harry's exit take place soon after? This has more than the whiff of coincidence about it, but, as we keep hearing, Nigel holds the reins of this situation, so we can only hope that whatever happens this summer is with a very fixed view on making the Blades promotion contenders next season.

Any news on Ched?

Rumours from sources close to him suggest that he'll be wearing a very poorly designed red and white striped Adidas shirt, with red sleeves and solid red back. Once he's been released from chokey and re-signed by the club, then - and only then - he will release details of where the Greasy Chip Butty ringtone can be obtained from - but only to those that can correctly name the zone man...

I wonder what the significance of chasing Butler might be? As he's not yet been confirmed, and there's a deathly hush surrounding Harry, it crossed my mind that if Butler does sign for the Blades, will Harry's exit take place soon after? This has more than the whiff of coincidence about it, but, as we keep hearing, Nigel holds the reins of this situation, so we can only hope that whatever happens this summer is with a very fixed view on making the Blades promotion contenders next season.
Butler for Collins, not Harry.

If he goes, he goes. As long as it's for the 'right' fee (which we'll never find out).

It's what players/managers do. Just ask Southampton.

Butler for Collins, not Harry.

Hope you're right DD. Just a bit too much coincidence for my liking.

All quiet on the Harry front, while Butler is still a possibility. Not entirely surprising that the club remain quiet, which I applaud, and I realise that the concerns surrounding Harry are all part of football's never ending silly season. I hope I've misread the runes mate, I suppose it's that I've come to expect us to shoot ourselves in the foot at inappropriate moments, such as pre-season team strengthening with promotion on the horizon.

Current Sheffield United Defenders under contract:-
Bob Harris - Contracted till end of June 2015 - optional year extension taken up
Harry Maguire - Contracted till end of June 2015, new long term contract offered
Neill Collins - Contracted till end of June 2015 + optional year extension
Terry Kennedy - Contracted till end of June 2015, optional year extension taken up

My guess is that Clough wants to go into next season with more than four contracted defenders in the squad.
Chasing Butler doesn't mean Maguire is all set to leave.
You never know with United but hopefully they're trying to strengthen the squad, not weaken it.

Current Sheffield United Defenders under contract:-
Bob Harris - Contracted till end of June 2015 - optional year extension taken up
Harry Maguire - Contracted till end of June 2015, new long term contract offered
Neill Collins - Contracted till end of June 2015 + optional year extension
Terry Kennedy - Contracted till end of June 2015, optional year extension taken up

My guess is that Clough wants to go into next season with more than four contracted defenders in the squad.
Chasing Butler doesn't mean Maguire is all set to leave.
You never know with United but hopefully they're trying to strengthen the squad, not weaken it.

Hope you're right mate

The Express and Star in the midlands has reported that Harry was set to turn down the interest of Wolves, Middlesbrough and Leeds to accept an offer from the Blades, but that this has been dismissed by sources close to the player.

Read into that what you will. My interpretation is as follows:
  • Middlesbrough and Leeds have been plucked out at random from a pool of mid-table Championship teams that might fit.
  • The word "sources" is deployed either to:
    a) simply obfuscate identity, in confidence to an individual who has risked their job supplying that info, or;
    b) the author has made all this up, so the attribution of agency to "sources" for this piece of info makes it more mysterious and strangely believable to some.
Aren't journalists annoying, eh? ;)

I think Harry will sign. That's not based on any evidence; it's just my opinion.

Butler is more likely to be a replacement for Collins I think; hes a left footer.
UTB & FTP

Back
Top Bottom