CONFIRMED Harry Maguire - Signed for Hull City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just a couple of points about this. When I see figures of £3m - £4m for Harry bandied about, just 2 words. Ricky Lambert. Recent England international, proven scorer in the PL and, although much older than Harry, a goalscorer - especially at the top level - is worth infinitely more than a defender. If Harry does go for, say, 'a reported £3m' it'll be with add-ons. In other words, if the buying team wins the PL, gets into Europe and he wins European Footballer of the Year, we might see that figure. Far more likely to be the usual 'Undisclosed Fee'.

Second, although Harry may leave it won't be as grievous a blow as the two Kyles, Lowton, Jags, even McDonald. Even at this level, he's effective but limited. His forward surges will be soon sussed out and he doesn't get his share of headers from set pieces.

Finally, without sounding like a Wednesdayite (great while he's with us, crap when he's gone :D), this roll call of leavies (is that a word?) does not make us a 'selling team'. Every team sells their players - usually the better ones, that's why other teams are after them. Take Villa. Selling Asley Young broke up the partnership with Agbonlahor and they've struggled ever since. Imagine being a Saints fan? Charging out of our division to the PL only to see the manager and half the team piss off. Imagine supporting Livingston? :) That's how football works.

Instead, it should be a source of pride that we continue to find and develop (and sell!) players - something that Wednesday can't match. The last decent player they sold was Chris Brunt - seven years ago.

Last edited:
This thread is full of knee-jerk reactions! Some things just take time, and we have to allow that time to pass.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven"

The Byrds

Corrected that for you! ;)

Well, either them or Mary Hopkin ...

:D

Just a couple of points about this. When I see figures of £3m - £4m for Harry bandied about, just 2 words. Ricky Lambert. Recent England international, proven scorer in the PL and, although much older than Harry, a goalscorer - especially at the top level - is worth infinitely more than a defender. If Harry does go for, say, 'a reported £3m' it'll be with add-ons. In other words, if the buying team wins the PL, gets into Europe and he wins European Footballer of the Year, we might see that figure. Far more likely to be the usual 'Undisclosed Fee'.

Second, although Harry may leave it won't be as grievous a blow as the two Kyles, Lowton, Jags, even McDonald. Even at this level, he's effective but limited. His forward surges will be soon sussed out and he doesn't get his share of headers from set pieces.

Finally, without sounding like a Wednesdayite (great while he's with us, crap when he's gone :D), this roll call of leavies (is that a word?) does not make us a 'selling team'. Every team sells their players - usually the better ones, that's why other teams are after them. Take Villa. Selling Asley Young broke up the partnership with Agbonlahor and they've struggled ever since. Imagine being a Saints fan? Charging out of our division to the PL only to see the manager and half the team piss off. Imagine supporting Livingston? :) That's how football works.

Instead, it should be a source of pride that we continue to find and develop (and sell!) players - something that Wednesday can't match. The last decent player they sold was Chris Brunt - seven years ago.
Agree completely.... every club apart from the elite are selling clubs, rare to see a player starting and ending his career at the same team now. I don't mind if we sell him personally if it allows us to bring in a couple of good championship/league one players, what I do mind is selling him on the cheap because he only has 1 year left.

While I agree with the general sentiment of the post (i.e. we need Harry to make his mind up one way or t'other and then move on), I think saying it's dragged on long enough is a touch harsh. We're only a couple of weeks past the end of the season and so there's plenty of time to either get Harry to sign, or sell him and find replacement. Especially if we have the very capable Butler coming in.
Yes but we all know how things usually work at SUFC we tend to lose players at the end of the transfer window weeks after all the decent replacements have been snapped up leaving us with the only option to bring in a panic loan player of the calibre of Jonathan Forte or such like. Didn't Nigel say he wanted most of his dealings to be done and dusted asap or at least before the squad returns for pre season training ?

Yes but we all know how things usually work at SUFC we tend to lose players at the end of the transfer window weeks after all the decent replacements have been snapped up leaving us with the only option to bring in a panic loan player of the calibre of Jonathan Forte or such like. Didn't Nigel say he wanted most of his dealings to be done and dusted asap or at least before the squad returns for pre season training ?

I think this is what most Blades fans fear, however, I am hopeful that NC will not allow the Club to take this usual route as he has stated that he likes to have most of his dealings done before pre-season training. This makes sense on so many levels and is totally different to the usual disorganised chaos we usually have to endure with the Management at SUFC !!

I suspect that if NC gets a feeling that Harry is pissing us about, then a replacement will be in rapidly. Still think though, that we should be playing hardball over the price and sticking out for an "outrageous" fee that is far beyond his worth; if somebody wants him enough, they will pay it !!

If not, we can play him next season and he can go for compensation next summer ....... or negotiate a contract if we've managed to get promoted.
UTB & FTP

Burnley are now in for him.Thats it keep em coming,because at the end of the day,if we are going to sell him(not saying we are by the way) we want as many clubs in as possible to get as much out of it as possible.

He has got a tattoo on his neck which I do not like. :eek:

HH

Did you hear Mark Lawrenson last night? One of the Mexicans went running down the left and got fouled. Mark Lawrensons brilliant commentry was...

"See, it just goes to show, you don't need tattoo's to be a good footballer"

I'm gonna start watching the games with the sound off

Did you hear Mark Lawrenson last night? One of the Mexicans went running down the left and got fouled. Mark Lawrensons brilliant commentry was...

His comment about Fred warming up to be substituted was better

Bet he's a riot on a neet out !!!

Lol

Dour fucker

Burnley are now in for him.Thats it keep em coming,because at the end of the day,if we are going to sell him(not saying we are by the way) we want as many clubs in as possible to get as much out of it as possible.
Not seen that one Wiz. but looks like Lescott won't be joining Hull - both Stoke and W Brom reportedly offering more - so Harry could be much more of a priority to them now.

Not seen that one Wiz. but looks like Lescott won't be joining Hull - both Stoke and W Brom reportedly offering more - so Harry could be much more of a priority to them now.
I'm almost certain the bid wev'e turned down from an unknown club is burnley.

And that's what the press are now reporting

Hull target Lescott set to sign for West Brom and Hull now making Harry their number 1 target

If he goes, he goes, but let's hope this might just push the price up somewhat

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull...ited-s-Harry/story-21254975-detail/story.html

A strange article quoting Sam Ricketts...saying that Harry would be better joining Wolves.
The strange thing is, it says that Hull are ready to match Wolves valuation of £1.5m. Who gives a monkey's whether Hull match Wolves valuation???We've already turned down £1.5m.

Neither of them have come close to matching our valuation, which must be £3m and rising.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull...ketts-warns/story-21263225-detail/story.html?

Kevin Macdonalds house ,Stephen Quinns house ,I wonder Harry will spend next weekend ?

I always liked Lawerence's 'sex-expose' story about how he carefully folded his shirt, trousers and pants and placed them on a chair at the end of the bed before 'doing the deed!' with his lady...

That young Ched could learn a thing or two from him that's for sure!

Lescott is having his medical at WBA right now

BqftPX8IIAA3WM2.png

I would be happy to see Harry go if we sign Brayford and Coady instead

Definitely agree with this. You don't need outstanding centre halves to get out of this league, just slightly better than average ones, which we have. Quality attacking full backs and good central midfielders are much more difficult to come by and the two mentioned would be more valuable to us than Maguire in my view.

Definitely agree with this. You don't need outstanding centre halves to get out of this league, just slightly better than average ones, which we have. Quality attacking full backs and good central midfielders are much more difficult to come by and the two mentioned would be more valuable to us than Maguire in my view.

Don't know about JB, but Coady not returning. Clough moved on to Wallace

Maybe the reason we haven't got a proven striker is that we can't afford one till Harry goes? Just a thought. Clough and board playing a canny but risky hand.

How about Arsenal slapping 3 million down for Harry to sit on the bench now that Vermaelen's going to Manure?

Stranger things have happened...

I reckon England's dismal performance in the World Cup is only adding to Harry's value.
After all, who will be England's choice for centre back in the next World Cup? Errr. Candidates don't exactly leap out at you, do they? Forget Wolves or Hull, I think he'd benefit from moving to one of the top six for oooh seven or eight or ten million. ;):rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom