CONFIRMED Harrison Neal joins Carlisle United permanently

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

League 2 club for the rest of the season would be good.

League 2 club for the rest of the season would be good.
Did that last season and I guess we thought we had moved him up a legend to a lower table duv 1 club not expecting Stevenege to do so well. However it's worrying he can't get in their first team

Did that last season and I guess we thought we had moved him up a legend to a lower table duv 1 club not expecting Stevenege to do so well. However it's worrying he can't get in their first team
Maybe that's his level?
Needs to prove himself in L2 first really.

Maybe that's his level?
Needs to prove himself in L2 first really.
That's what's worrying, he was one of our young uns I had high hopes for.

He did prove himself in L2. He played a full season at Barrow and did well. This was the obvious move and for whatever reason hes getting no game time. I guess we will send him somewhere else in L1 where he gets 'guaranteed ' playing time

When I saw him in the summer he looked really immobile and quite flat footed (relative to other professional footballers). This is something that would probably need to improve unless he has Maguire levels of performance in him.

When I saw him in the summer he looked really immobile and quite flat footed (relative to other professional footballers). This is something that would probably need to improve unless he has Maguire levels of performance in him.
You talking about Neal or Souza?

Get him back to Barrow, they’d snap our hand off to have him back for their promotion push.

Gone to Carlisle Utd on a permanent.

Shame, thought he was a great player, always one pass ahead of most on the field. But his lack of athleticism possibly will restrict his progress

GLTTL

Last edited:

Shame, thought he was a great player, always one pass ahead of most on the field. But his lack of athleticism possibly will restrict his progress

GLTTL
That was quick, thought he'd have another loan in him.

GLTTL

Always looked calm, composed and decent on the ball when I've seen him.

Good luck to the lad.

GLTTL
If he was struggling to break into Stevenage’s team and he must be 22/23 now then it’s the right move to move onwards with his career.

Just shows how hard it is to make it at your hometown club when they are in the top two tiers.

Part of quite a nice bunch to have watched at the U23 level, as was. Brunt, another that seemingly did well, ended up in non-league. Tough gig this becoming a pro baller.

GLTTL

Another from that crop, Kyron Gordon has left AFC Fylde. Seems like he might be going to Oldham though, so probably a better move!

I've reposted this time & time again. So forgive me. I'm reposting it again because it involves Harrison. And because of the insight into one of the left field ways our Academy worked in 2018. My comments about Del Geary are tongue in cheek. He's deffo one of the heroes in the story.

Too Long Don't Read

Harrison took the half time debrief and brief for one of the Academy teams. And set them up for the second half. Full set of notes, clipboard, the lot.

Harrison Neal couldn't get into the Stevenage side because, in the main, they are a big, well-organised side. Steve Evans' players have to have certain attributes, and many don't fit the mould with him, hence the high turnover he has in each window. Surprised Harrison hasn't gone on loan somewhere more similar to our'style' of play.

Back
Top Bottom