Great referee today ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Only thing I though about the pen was that if the ball had hit his arm from that position you'd imagine it would jolt back. It didn't from what I could see, suggesting it was the leg.

Thought the referee today was the best I've seen at the Lane all season - albeit his harsh penalty decision.
Wasn’t harsh it was ( according to the stupid rule) a penalty
Also he should have booked Diaz for his pathetic dive in the first half

And Tierney only showed the ref the view from behind the goal??? From face on I'm sure it looks like it hits his knee first, which is how he was trying to block it. This is what the ref saw, hence no penalty. Fine lines I know, and by the letter probably was just. But why the WWF that takes place in the penalty area each game goes unnoticed by VAR is a mystery, and BBR were very cynical in their fouls most of the game imo. The ref did well in a gut busting FA Cup semi.

Only thing I though about the pen was that if the ball had hit his arm from that position you'd imagine it would jolt back. It didn't from what I could see, suggesting it was the leg.

And Tierney only showed the ref the view from behind the goal??? From face on I'm sure it looks like it hits his knee first, which is how he was trying to block it. This is what the ref saw, hence no penalty. Fine lines I know, and by the letter probably was just. But why the WWF that takes place in the penalty area each game goes unnoticed by VAR is a mystery, and BBR were very cynical in their fouls most of the game imo. The ref did well in a gut busting FA Cup semi.
When it happened it looked like it caught his knee first but replays suggest otherwise. Flicked off his arm. I can understand why, under the letter of the law it's a red but very harsh. He was spinning round so you use your arms for balance and pulling his arms into his body.

Back
Top Bottom