What minute did you leave?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Left just after the hour when it went to 0-6 which might be the earliest I have ever left a game.

I left Newcastle probably about 10 mins from the end and Villa was similar but a night match and having to be up for work at 7am today -I texted the wife and son who sit elsewhere and said are we going? She normally sticks it out but she said 'Yes, see you back at the car!'

I did not feel bad for leaving or like I was not a true fan - I just felt nothing apart from being glad to be in the warm and not having to sit and watch another half an hour of humiliation. The Arsenal fans songs and the way the players were essentially playing a practice match was hard to take. I just had to get out.

We were home in less than 10 minutes and watched the final part on TV. I don't think I have or ever will leave a ground and be back at home in my PJ's having a bit of supper whilst the game is still going on.

I'd threatened to go back to the pub at half time if it was bad, but I actually ended up staying until 85 minutes to miss the half time rush.

Left just after the hour when it went to 0-6 which might be the earliest I have ever left a game.

I left Newcastle probably about 10 mins from the end and Villa was similar but a night match and having to be up for work at 7am today -I texted the wife and son who sit elsewhere and said are we going? She normally sticks it out but she said 'Yes, see you back at the car!'

I did not feel bad for leaving or like I was not a true fan - I just felt nothing apart from being glad to be in the warm and not having to sit and watch another half an hour of humiliation. The Arsenal fans songs and the way the players were essentially playing a practice match was hard to take. I just had to get out.

We were home in less than 10 minutes and watched the final part on TV. I don't think I have or ever will leave a ground and be back at home in my PJ's having a bit of supper whilst the game is still going on.
Will your report have a chunk missing from 60 to 80 minutes or are you going to save yourself the torture of having to re-live it and not bother at all?

I think there’s a lot of ‘gaslighting’ (for want of a better term) in football fan culture that you’re not a true fan if you leave early - which is wrong.

People leaving early should not reflect badly on the fans, it’s a reflection on the players, manager and (definitely in our case) the owner.

I like this new (departure time) game…At least it adds a bit of gallows humour to what is a harrowing season. Maybe we could provide proof of departure screen shots to accompany a post on here. One from inside the ground and one outside, both showing the time…Prizes to be arranged.

I left at half in the Villa debacle and it felt so liberating at the time. But now it’s kind of spoils things for me, as I get an overwhelming feeling FOMO anxiety when I see dozens (nay hundreds) of pissed off Blades scurrying to the exit doors early.

Will your report have a chunk missing from 60 to 80 minutes or are you going to save yourself the torture of having to re-live it and not bother at all?

Not bothered

I quite understand people leaving early. Why would you choose to sit through something that is genuinely upsetting.
It's personal choice at the end of the day but I would begrudge spending less time at the match than the time it took getting to and from the game

It's personal choice at the end of the day but I would begrudge spending less time at the match than the time it took getting to and from the game
It s a bizarre feeling, never left early in 58 years of going to games but I now honestly assume I’ll be leaving before half time, it’s become normalised. We all have the same discussion in the pub beforehand. about how long we’ll be in the ground. We all caught the same train home at 9pm. Had a pint in the Tap and there were quite a few of us there

At half time I was telling my mates that we hold the league record away win beating Burslem Port Vale 10-0 in 1892 and none of them were aware about this. When the 4th official indicated 5 mins of injury time I told my mates ( a few of them had already left the ground by that time ) that our record is safe!

It s a bizarre feeling, never left early in 58 years of going to games but I now honestly assume I’ll be leaving before half time, it’s become normalised. We all have the same discussion in the pub beforehand. about how long we’ll be in the ground. We all caught the same train home at 9pm. Had a pint in the Tap and there were quite a few of us there
Me and the lad, put a leave at 5 clause into our attendance awhile ago now. I wanted to leave at 3. But he made me stay until 5🤣. Never left early before this season either.

I can take losing , I can even take getting hammered. But it's not a game of football, it's just a training session of attack vs defence. May as well just put the cones out. At least they hold their position and don't move out of the way.

I'm embarrassed to say Iv stopped going, I watched their 1st attack hit the bar then switched off and watched man u fans on YouTube to make me feel better and praying arsenal didn't get 10
Can't wait till Liverpool, even man u will batter us

I take your point but that feels to me like you’ll take any punishment because you paid the bus fare to get there. As you say, personal choice

Me and the Mrs stayed until the end, because I wanted to see the Under-21's (Osula, Brooks, Arblaster) and as people will tell you, who were still there at the end, we were much better with the youngsters on.

The Arse scored one goal in the second half, a great shot from distance, and they didn't take their foot off the gas either, they were going for it, but we had a much better shape, and in Brooks and Arblaster, we had lads who tried to close them down early, and Brooks dispossessed them a few times and we charged towards the Kop.

We had two terrible shots at goal, one from Osula and one from Bogle, and I don't recall any more than that.

The worst part, for me, was when some of the Arse supporters sang "are you Wednesday in disguise", that's how low we have sunk, comparing us to the pigs.

I didn't expect we would get anything from the game, this was the Arse that battered West Ham not that long back, but I did say to Mrs G, "how have we gone from narrowly losing 2-1, at home, to Man City, to this? How have we gone from almost nicking a win at Spurs, to this?".

I don't have the answer to that.

Oh, and in the final 10 minutes, the whole ground started chanting "Sheff United, Sheff United", and to be fair (probably out of pity) the Arse supporters applauded us for showing support in the face of adversity.

Souza did indeed look distraught at the end and did appear to be in tears as he walked off.

70th minute. After they scored number six I was out of my seat but my dad said, let’s give it another 15 minutes. I don’t think that was from hope, more that it was pissing down at that point and I think he was waiting for it to pass.

I flicked the TV on just to see Odegaard score the first goal and switched it off by 3-0.

Put it back on again for the last 10 minutes, why, I don't know.

You can add me to the long list of people that didn’t go.

Away skiing in Austria, so I’m really glad this one got moved to when I was away as I’d have been there on Saturday if it hadn’t been moved.

Brought my firestick but had no intention of watching and instead carried on drinking. Didn’t check my phone for scores or result. Wasn’t in the slightest bit surprised at the score when I saw it this morning

Me and the Mrs stayed until the end, because I wanted to see the Under-21's (Osula, Brooks, Arblaster) and as people will tell you, who were still there at the end, we were much better with the youngsters on.

We played better in the last 6 games of the disastrous 1975/76 season when Stainrod and Kenworthy were given a run in the 1st team. We won 4 and drew one

We actually had a laugh at some of the Arse songs, a couple of which were amusing. Also at them taking the mick out of one of our fans on John Street who was giving it large. You had to laugh to stop you crying.

I've walked out of films before now because they were shite, so why should footie be any different? I also sat through several dreadful student theatre plays when I would rather have sat in the bar. Fair play to anyone still there at the end but they are kind of like the band in titanic.

Me and a mate discussed leaving at half time but decided to sit it out and see how much worse it would get out of morbid curiosity

Travelling Blade was on 5-Live today discussing leaving early and our general predicament. Thought he gave a fair account.

I stayed to the end. Having sat through every minute of every home game, why stop now? Thought the kids we played second half deserved some backing, and let’s be fair - watching watching opponents of that quality becomes more interesting once there’s nothing left for us to hope for.

BDTBL under the lights used to be my happy place. I sat through Newcastle, Villa and Brighton but just couldn’t face going last night. And I’m glad I didn’t. Any joy at watching The Blades has been beaten out of me this season.
Not sure I can even be bothered with the Chelsea game. 5.30 on a Sunday. Utter wank.

Stayed till the final whistle. Not left early yet. Fair play to the kop yesterday for making decent noise around 80th minute. Just missed palace game as on honeymoon. Chelsea game been moved to partner’s birthday. She told me I can go, I’m like nah come on we’ll go out for pub lunch or summit. Hoping she gives in 😂

Didn't go last night due to Illness, first home game league or cup missed since the Leagus 1 days, tried to give my ST away to 3 die hard Blades and 1 nuteral, die hard Miller.

Getting trold to fuck off 4 times isn't fun.

Back
Top Bottom